NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there's a ton to watch today:  Chatwood O/U 3.5 BBs (x2)   Danny Duffy showing signs that he can survive his deteriorating FB.    SHO-DAY NO SNOW-DAY. 13-2 v. 13-3?

I believe that after today, HanRam should gain 1B eligibility on ESPN.  

Corbin is the truth. 

44 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

its not just you

I've been freezing my butt off in my own house.I wouldn't want to be playing ball right now unless I was getting paid millions of $$ for it.I'd do it for less maybe.

Also-the announcers on the Dbacks-SFG game said there isn't much managing to do.Meanwhile,Cueto is banged up and at 90+ pitches and the Dbacks are swinging at everything instead of getting to the bullpen.Maybe some bench/hitting coaching is needed then.

Three homers off the Angels' poor reliever in the 3rd who came in for Ohtani.  When Brock Holt hits one of them you know it was batting practice time and Mookie took advantage and got his second homer of the night as well.

And even though I don't own Mookie in any of my leagues, my guys are doing well.  Plenty of offense for me tonight.  Heck my "bench" hit three homers tonight in one league with Paul DeJong, Yonder Alonso and Wilson Ramos going yard.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Three homers off the Angels' poor reliever in the 3rd who came in for Ohtani.  When Brock Holt hits one of them you know it was batting practice time and Mookie took advantage and got his second homer of the night as well.

And even though I don't own Mookie in any of my leagues, my guys are doing well.  Plenty of offense for me tonight.  Heck my "bench" hit three homers tonight in one league with Paul DeJong, Yonder Alonso and Wilson Ramos going yard.

Lol I have these same 3 guys but DeJong was on my bench 

DeJong is a Gallo clone is seems.....K or HR, nothing in between 

Another homer for the Sox as it is 9-1 Boston.  Guess the game wasn't the big match-up it was billed as but I'm enjoying it, heh.

Latest homer was by Rafael Devers btw.  Remember the guy that used to haunt the daily game thread just to whine about Devers being terrible?  Wonder where he has gone the last week?

Blake Parker, the former "closer" who was demoted, is on now on to pitch.  Met with Nunez, JBJ and Vasquez hits.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

66 pitches through 2 innings for Ohtani.  The Red Sox have changed their hitting approach this year to be super aggressive under Alex Cora and they no longer work pitch counts.  But Ohtani's sliders just bounce in the dirt so far.  So they are forcing him to throw his fastball to them old Sox school style.  Other teams are going to be noticing this too when they face him.  He needs to get control of that slider asap because the hitters are adapting.

They also mentioned his first two starts were both against the A's so I guess this is his first outing against a real MLB team (cough).

FYI, I must admit I learned something from Johnny Gomes in the booth tonight.  He said the ace of his team when he played in Japan has so far thrown in games with 163 pitches in one and 130 something in the next this current season.  That in Japan they absolutely totally do NOT believe in pitch counts.  Ohtani will have a hard time getting used to pitch counts here then.

Wow they pulled Ohtani between innings.  Ohtani out after only 2 innings.  Reliever in for the Angels to start the 3rd.

Shohei Ohtani was removed after two innings Tuesday night against the Red Sox because of a blister on his pitching hand

hat might explain why he was frequently seen blowing on his right hand on a 65-degree night in Anaheim. Ohtani had allowed three earned runs on four hits and two walks, needing 66 pitches to get six outs. It's unclear how this blister might affect his pitching and hitting schedule going forward. The safe guess is it'll be a day-to-day situation.

Apr 17 - 11:38 PM
Edited by nygiantsfan913
added more info
1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Kinda kicking myself now for hedging on Price +154 vs. Ohtani instead of going strong on it.

It's still early innings so things may change here. But regardless of the outcome, Price +154 is a moneyline we probably won't see ROS or even close.

I didn't like that Price left his last start due to injury...but also didn't like the extra long layoff for ohtani.

• Like 1
Just now, 96mnc said:

I didn't like that Price left his last start due to injury...but also didn't like the extra long layoff for ohtani.

Considering how he's already got a little extra break between starts, the weather break didn't seem like it could be good for him keeping a groove.

The blister thing though if its for real sounds really annoying. Hope it's not something to do with the ball.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

66 pitches through 2 innings for Ohtani.  The Red Sox have changed their hitting approach this year to be super aggressive under Alex Cora and they no longer work pitch counts.  But Ohtani's sliders just bounce in the dirt so far.  So they are forcing him to throw his fastball to them old Sox school style.  Other teams are going to be noticing this too when they face him.  He needs to get control of that slider asap because the hitters are adapting.

They also mentioned his first two starts were both against the A's so I guess this is his first outing against a real MLB team (cough).

FYI, I must admit I learned something from Johnny Gomes in the booth tonight.  He said the ace of his team when he played in Japan has so far thrown in games with 163 pitches in one and 130 something in the next this current season.  That in Japan they absolutely totally do NOT believe in pitch counts.  Ohtani will have a hard time getting used to pitch counts here then.

Wow they pulled Ohtani between innings.  Ohtani out after only 2 innings.  Reliever in for the Angels to start the 3rd.

I'll say this in defense of ohtani tonight...

In his last start he was painting the corners with 97 to 100 mph pretty consistently then using his split to put people away.   No one is hitting a pitcher doing that. 

Tonight he had zero FB command. 

6 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I'll say this in defense of ohtani tonight...

In his last start he was painting the corners with 97 to 100 mph pretty consistently then using his split to put people away.   No one is hitting a pitcher doing that. 

Tonight he had zero FB command. 

Wasn't the knock on him his command?  This is what scares me about him, he's a box of chocolates.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Price taken out with only 78 pitches. 

Well so was JD and Benintendi as the bench players are in the game for the Sox.  And maybe Cora just wanted to get Price out after a good outing and not risk him screwing things up in a laugher.  I mean Pujols got himself thrown out arguing balls and strikes so he could take the rest of the night off after all, heh.