Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

You guys are terrible at game commentary.  Figured Gausman gave up 5 or 6 er. 

 

Haha...  business as usual around here.

 

If someone really gave up 6+ there's a list of posters we have to put on suicide watch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys are terrible at game commentary.  Figured Gausman gave up 5 or 6 er. 

Joe Mauer started this game when he was 34 years old, he's now 35.

China Dahl also just came off the DL in the minors. He’d likely strain a hammy walking to the phone to take the call.

2 minutes ago, LJJr said:

 

Haha...  business as usual around here.

 

If someone really gave up 6+ there's a list of posters we have to put on suicide watch.

 

True, if Gausman would have given up 6+ I would have fallen on a pair of scissors. Really no reason to live if you get a bad start in fantasy baseball. I wonder if my insurance policy would pay out? seems like a valid reason...death by Gausman

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just when he was showing signs of a comeback year too:

 

Quote

Anibal Sanchez (leg) was carted off the field with an air cast around his leg after falling during a pregame run on Wednesday.

 

The severity of the injury is not yet known, but the fact that the air cast was placed around the leg could be a bad sign. Sanchez, 34, was signed this March after being released by the Twins, and was pitching well in the Atlanta rotation in his first few turns. When we find out more specifics, we'll update you.

 

Pre-game run?  How many weird ways are there for pitchers to injure themselves that don't involve them being on the mound at the time of injury.  They will have to start having pitchers do their running on yoga mats at this rate.

 

Who is next up for Braves?  Will they go to the bullpen or call-up someone like Soroko?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

Is there a way to hide the chat on the Facebook Live broadcast of the Royals/Jays?!

 

PLEASE. Someone save me from this ridiculous garbage. 

 

I finally figured out you swipe the whole chat to to right. Thank God!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Moncada with a SB (third in three games) and grand slam through two innings. Buy low window closed and bolted down. 

 

Pretty definitive statement for a guy sitting at a 42.4% K%. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me or does it feel like Yangervis Solarte is underrated in fantasy circles? Seems like a super sneaky fantasy asset given all that position flexibility. He has the feel of this years Marwin Gonzalez. Carry on..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Is it me or does it feel like Yangervis Solarte is underrated in fantasy circles? Seems like a super sneaky fantasy asset given all that position flexibility. He has the feel of this years Marwin Gonzalez. Carry on..

 

Playing time will probably be a little inconsistent when Donaldson and Morales come back.. but definitely a nice bench bat to have with all that positional flexibility.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

 

Playing time will probably be a little inconsistent when Donaldson and Morales come back.. but definitely a nice bench bat to have with all that positional flexibility.

This. 

 

He's underrated primarily because he wasn't supposed to be playing. And it's hard to know if he'll keep playing when the aforementioned come back. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smeeze said:

 

Playing time will probably be a little inconsistent when Donaldson and Morales come back.. but definitely a nice bench bat to have with all that positional flexibility.

You are probably right, but with how he's performed it seems tough to keep that bat out of the lineup. The riding should be good and without choppy waters at least for the next few weeks given the projected extended absence of Donaldson. I'm wondering if he secures 475-500 Abs if he's a .280-20HR-80RBI guy? If so he'll be a great cog given his 2B, 3B, SS elig....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, taobball said:

 

Pretty definitive statement for a guy sitting at a 42.4% K%. 

 

I don't believe the k rate will remain 10% higher than it was last year, do you?

 

Even still, he's a HR/SB threat at 2B currently slashing .241/.343/.466. That's a valuable player in any league. I will take the current production + the upside + the highest exit velo in MLB as better indicators over the one bugaboo (K%) in evaluating Moncada's value going forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sleepysock said:

 

I don't believe the k rate will remain 10% higher than it was last year, do you?

 

Even still, he's a HR/SB threat at 2B currently slashing .241/.343/.466. That's a valuable player in any league. I will take the current production + the upside + the highest exit velo in MLB as better indicators over the one bugaboo (K%) in evaluating Moncada's value going forward. 

 

It's a pretty large... er... bug-a-boo... when you're hoping for 32%. 

 

The Steals are nice. I was low on his SB projection coming into the season and don't really buy into that skill fully yet. I'm not saying there's not upside or anything like that. Just not the investment I'm making personally. I'll find value elsewhere and let young players with questionable tool kits figure it out for a year. I usually find that it doesn't kill me that much (al a, Buxton last year.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, taobball said:

 

It's a pretty large... er... bug-a-boo... when you're hoping for 32%. 

 

The Steals are nice. I was low on his SB projection coming into the season and don't really buy into that skill fully yet. I'm not saying there's not upside or anything like that. Just not the investment I'm making personally. I'll find value elsewhere and let young players with questionable tool kits figure it out for a year. I usually find that it doesn't kill me that much (al a, Buxton last year.)

 

He's only at 12%swstr. That K rate will definitely regress IMO. Contact numbers are pretty much in line with last year too and he is his swinging less outside the zone. This isn't factoring any type of improvement throughout the year 32% is pretty bankable to me with upside for it going lower as he adjusts (hopefully).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, taobball said:

 

Keeping an eye on: 

 

Matt Boyd has an interesting repertoire to me, and opponent Kevin Gausman has been struggling with his limited repertoire. 

 

Faria and Hamels has some potential to be interesting. Hamels' Change-Up has rebounded early on and tha'ts his best pitch, and Faria has been back and forth.

 

I wanna see Tyler Mahle throw some better non-fastballs. 

 

Who misses more bats? Triggs or Fulmer?

 

Matz is todays injured Met of intrigue. 

 

I love watching Tyler Skaggs pitch. Hopefully he's on. 

 

Berrios v. Carrasco is the marquis match-up if Puerto Rico can have power. Either way whenever the game happens (so long as it eventually happens), Berrios seemed very amped to be playing in PR in an interview I saw and that game should be epic to watch. 

 

 

 

I think Williams (and to an extent Cashner and Liriaro) has really benefited from pitching in frigid weather.  Especially yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

taoball said:

 

 

You coaching the Red Sox now?  Because they said afterwards they went in with a game plan for their hitters based on the videos they watched showeing the same thing regards his breaking stuff.  Their plan was to lay off those pitches and wait for the fastball.  Worked like a charm. 

 

Other teams will be doing that now as well because intel spreads immediately in baseball.  So Ohtani NEEDS that good slider every game or teams will just sit back looking for dead red.  Major leaguers can hit 100 mph fastballs as long as they don't have to worry about good breaking stuff that could get them out as well.

 

I'm going to disagree slightly here. 

If Ohtani is painting the black with 97-100 with life like he did he previous start against Oakland then it's not going to matter if his slider doesn't show up. 

 

No slider and no fb command?  Yeah,  that's going to be a problem.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...