NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Blockbuster is it close ? WHIR Immediately

Bob3385

Yeah, don't do that. Blackmon is by far the best player. Archer has comparable value to Seager. Marte is lower than the rest of them.

You could try to flip Archer for a 4th or 5th round bat by himself if you are worried about him, but otherwise sit tight on Blackmon.

5 hours ago, Baseball Or Bust said:

Seagar/ Marte.

Archer is hot garbage.  Marte will put up comparable stats as blackmon and Seagar >>>archer

I like Marte, but when has Marte hit .330, with 37 bombs, 100 rbis, 130 runs?

4 hours ago, jbj said:

Yeah, don't do that. Blackmon is by far the best player. Archer has comparable value to Seager. Marte is lower than the rest of them.

I believe in Archer long term, but he's not close to Seager.

Explain how Marte, is lower then the rest?

Marte is probably the 2nd best guy here.

I prefer Blackmon side, even though Marte side, probably is better.

I just can't trade Blackmon.

12 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

I believe in Archer long term, but he's not close to Seager.

Explain how Marte, is lower then the rest?

Marte is probably the 2nd best guy here.

I prefer Blackmon side, even though Marte side, probably is better.

I just can't trade Blackmon.

Seager is much less of a sure thing than he is being presented as, and he is much more valuable in a points or OBP league- the guy isn't exactly Lindor or Correa. Archer is slumping, and people are overreacting a lot to it. Realistically Archer is the same guy as Robbie Ray, and their ERAs are going to fluctuate a lot from one point in a season to the next given the higher WHIP, but the strikeout counting stats will always be there. Ultimately there isn't anything to worry about from Archer, and he is still the same pitcher who was drafted a month ago. Still a top 15-20 pitcher, but likely no higher than that unless he finds a prolonged streak of luck. Seager and Archer were drafted in the same range, and nothing has happened this season to indicate that either one is any different of a player than they were previously.

Marte has 20/30 potential. Hell, if he doesn't get 30 bags he will be a big disappointment, especially on an offense that will surely level out to be pretty mediocre. But he doesn't have Corey Seager ceiling value, he isn't as hot of a commodity as a top 20 pitcher, and none of these players are even close to having Blackmon's floor or ceiling.