NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the thing about Pivetta:   Right now even the COMMENTATORS, who watch him every game, can't tell the difference between his so called "Curveball" and his so-called "Slider." I like to

Whatever it is, Pivetta is an excellent pitcher.  I feel he should be owned in all leagues.

Has he?   Braves are 3rd, Marlins 28th, Reds 26th, Pirates 9th. Looks pretty decent to me.   @ATL: 4IP, 3ER, 3SO, 2BB vMIA 5.2IP, 0ER, 9SO, 0BB vCIN 7IP, 2ER, 7SO, 0BB

10 minutes ago, fourstar said:

Belt just had a 21 pitch, almost 13 minute AB. Ended up flying out.

That’s probably one of the top 10 best at bats I’ve seen in my life.  21 pitches is unheard of.  Very impressive.  He looks locked in to start the season.  .888 OPS coming.  Under the radar last year was pacing for a 25+ homer season.  With improved lineup and if he can play 140-145 games he should approach that figure.

Edited by Cmilne23
2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Anyone have an explanation for how Pablo Sandoval is still a major leaguer? Dude has been worth negative 2.2WAR over his last 200 games.

None at all.  Dude sucks.  Can’t believe he was hitting 4th in a major league lineup last night.  

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, fourstar said:

Belt just had a 21 pitch, almost 13 minute AB. Ended up flying out.

That half inning has to go down as one of the weirdest I've ever seen

It lasted 28 minutes, the SP threw 49 pitches WITHOUT walking a batter, and the Giants still ended up with 0 runs.

• Like 1