NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Week 4

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Angels say hi ?? 

http://www.pitcherlist.com/sit-start-week-4-reviewing-all-starting-pitcher-matchups-from-4-23-4-29/

Some deep league fliers (14+) in somewhat of an order of value:   Teoscar Hernandez OF Blue Jays (if available) Joe Jimenez RP Tigers Albert Almora OF Cubs Lourdes Gurriel 2B/

8 minutes ago, Gambino said:

Dahl as well!

Anybody have a preference between Dahl and Flaherty.

That really depends on what you need (offense or pitching).  Both have the potential to be pretty solid fantasy performers for as long as they are up and playing.  I may give the slight edge to Flaherty, but the only question is how long Wainwright ends up being out.

Some deep league fliers (14+) in somewhat of an order of value:

Teoscar Hernandez OF Blue Jays (if available)

Joe Jimenez RP Tigers

Albert Almora OF Cubs

Lourdes Gurriel 2B/SS Blue Jays

Walker Buehler SP Dodgers -- at least maybe a stream this week

Caleb Smith SP Marlins

Big Sexy SP Rangers

Junior Guerra SP Brewers

• Like 2

CJ Cron.  Getting consistent playing time in Tampa and has been hitting in a good spot in the lineup. Yes he’s never eclipsed 16hrs in a season but he also wasn’t given an everyday job in Anaheim either. He has the power to be a 30hr hitter for an ok average and can put up counting stats hitting towards the top half of that order. 3 hrs last two games. He hits them in bunches. 7% owned in yahoo.

• Like 1

It will be Folty @Cin (Romano) @ 6:40 PM EDT tonight.  Great stream there if available (82% owned CBS).  Newcomb moved to Thu.

Raining until 8ish in Cincy though pretty light.

Edited by STLSU
Just now, BostonCajun said:

I agree with Mikolas but he should be gone in most leagues. If he’s out there in yours get him. 

Should be, but isn't, as evidenced by the 40% ownership.

• Like 1

I only listed Folty due to the ATL rotation pushback.

Other options:

Stratton vs WAS (Gio Gonzalez) (14 IP last 2 starts 1 ER)

Cahill vs TEX (M. Moore) 1st start this year:  7 IP 0 ER 8K 2 BB vs. weak CWS

Going to get rocked:

Skaggs @ HOU (Cole)

4 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

I like Vince Velazquez 2 starts this week. vs arizona and atlanta

although Arizona offense scares me a little

Arizona offense scares me a little too but it's been less these past few days. The top offenses like the Red Sox and Diamondbacks especially. Tyson Ross almost no-hit Arizona. Manaea no hit the Red Sox. Mengden fared well yesterday against them as well. Washington has been 50/50 when it comes to scoring.

Edited by chrisrfu
9 hours ago, STLSU said:

I only listed Folty due to the ATL rotation pushback.

Other options:

Stratton vs WAS (Gio Gonzalez) (14 IP last 2 starts 1 ER)

Cahill vs TEX (M. Moore) 1st start this year:  7 IP 0 ER 8K 2 BB vs. weak CWS

Going to get rocked:

Skaggs @ HOU (Cole)

My Angels say hi ?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, jimbo504 said:

Marcus Semien is only 50% owned, that needs to change.

Been raking the past 3 weeks. I drafted him as my #1 SS this year because felt he was being super underrated and under-drafted. He's a good hitter and he has good speed so hopefully the A's allow him to run more. 

• Like 1
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic