NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go Farquhar.    Chicago White Sox‏Verified account @whitesox  ago The Chicago White Sox released the following update on the condition of White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar, currently a p

Brutal. 

The same people closing down the bar tonight.

Posted Images

Looking like Atl @ Cin is in some trouble (Folty v Romano).  Just saw a report from Cincy on The Rundown and saw no rain yet. 

TWC is more pessimistic than Accuweather but I prefer the latter's accuracy:

• RealFeel®: 47°
  • Winds: 12 mph E
  • Gusts: 15 mph
  • Humidity: 72%
  • Dew Point: 47°
  • UV Index: 0 (Low)
  • Cloud Cover: 100%
  • Rain: 0.12 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Visibility: 4 mi
  • Ceiling: 2700 ft
  • Wet Bulb: 51°
  • RealFeel®: 51°
  • Winds: 12 mph E
  • Humidity: 74%
  • Dew Point: 48°
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Visibility: 10 mi
  • Ceiling: 2800 ft
  • Wet Bulb: 52°
  • Winds: 10 mph E
  • Humidity: 78%
  • Dew Point: 49°
  • Rain: 0.10 in
  • Ceiling: 3100 ft
  • Wet Bulb: 53°
  • Gusts: 14 mph
  • Humidity: 79%
  • Dew Point: 50°
  • Cloud Cover: 99%
  • Rain: 0.10 in
  • Ceiling: 3700 ft
  • RealFeel®: 52°
  • Gusts: 14 mph
  • Humidity: 80%
  • Dew Point: 50°
  • Cloud Cover: 95%
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Visibility: 10 mi
  • Ceiling: 4600 ft
  • Thanks 1

Experimenting with some streaming today as I have had some injuries/drops - so roster spots opened up and I know I will need to chase my opponent in some pitching cats this week.  That said, go Buehler, Folty, and Stratton.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Looks like a bunch of rain in cincy right now. Probably looking at a delay with a possible PPD. 

I just can't see this game finishing even 5 IP.  How does ATL restack their SP rotation?

Latest from Rotogrinders [sigh]:

• ORANGE / YELLOW ATL @ CIN - 

Cincy looks to be right edge on the edge of some precip all night. Never gets too heavy, but will likely be wet the majority of the game. I think if they want to play it they CAN, but any word of a late start would worry me. Based on current radar I do think it plays, but if you can avoid this game without giving up a piece you need, I would do it.

so knowing this, do they push back AGAIN or do they skip someone?  Tomorrow the only guys who could pitch with 5 + days rest are Folty, McCarthy and Wisler (promised 1 more start due to Sanchez injury).

33 minutes ago, STLSU said:

I just can't see this game finishing even 5 IP.  How does ATL restack their SP rotation?

Braves have a 7 game week. I'm running out Folty for two starts so regardless i think he gets them both in. I'm actually rooting for a PPD at this point. Would hate for the start/stop rain to cut his start short.

• Like 1
Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

Braves have a 7 game week. I'm running out Folty for two starts so regardless i think he gets them both in. I'm actually rooting for a PPD at this point. Would hate for the start/stop rain to cut his start short.

I'm running out McCarthy as well.  Here is my plan as of now: If they PPD from start I will stick with both guys.  If it looks like a stop and starter I will have to punt Folty for a 1 turner.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, STLSU said:

I'm running out McCarthy as well.  Here is my plan as of now: If they PPD from start I will stick with both guys.  If it looks like a stop and starter I will have to punt Folty for a 1 turner.

Just took a peek at the radar. It's certainly looking like a gamble with Folty as the rain is basically threading the needle just to the right of the city. They may be able to play if this holds but for how long depends on the current trend which looks somewhat promising. 

• Like 1

Will do yesterday's recap later: 

Mike Folty v. Cincy should be good.

Cole v. Skaggs is at the very top of my list... aside from possibly...

Walker Buehler v. the Marlins should be great. Great streamer. First start is going to be excellent *knocks on wood*. I'm excited to see this. Opponent Jarlin will not be bad to watch as well.

Tanaka and Gausman have been bad to date. Gausman I think showed some positive signs last time out. Tanaka not so much. 

Very intrigued by stratton as well. 

• Like 1

Sticking with Skaggs and Stratton. 

Wimped out on Folty due to fear of a rain stoppage around 7PM and they may not be 5 IP in yet.  Had to go with KBot who is as sure as the sun rises and sets.

Just now, taobball said:

He got crossed up. He called for a slider and got a fastball in his face

didn't catch that he called a slider....yeah that FB got on him (with some tail) in a hurry, haha. I think he (Suzuki) was laughing.

Folty gets the K to escape.