NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I mean it's not like any of the hits were hard contact. They just happened to be in the right place. Luckily the plays were still made. I haven't seen any hard contact. His command is definitely a work in progress though. Very inconsistent.

If he can get his walks down to league average-ish, what are we looking at here? Potential top-25 SP? top-20?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go Farquhar.    Chicago White Sox‏Verified account @whitesox  ago The Chicago White Sox released the following update on the condition of White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar, currently a p

Brutal. 

The same people closing down the bar tonight.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Saucy said:

I don't know what to think of Buehler. Stuff is electric, but he's been bailed out by his defense three times. Two gorgeous plays by Hernandez and Grandal threw a dart to nab Maybin trying to steal. What do y'all think? 

Kind of making me think of Blake Snell when he was younger- smaller frame, killer stuff, high counts

Since we've been locked out of the thread, solid enough start by Buehler.  Could have been better, but he gave up no runs, so can't complain too much.  Not sure if I'll roll the dice again if he gets another start later in the week due to the shaky control, but I'll take the 0.00 ERA and the win if they hold on.

7 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Since we've been locked out of the thread, solid enough start by Buehler.  Could have been better, but he gave up no runs, so can't complain too much.  Not sure if I'll roll the dice again if he gets another start later in the week due to the shaky control, but I'll take the 0.00 ERA and the win if they hold on.

Yeah, it seemed to completely just leave him at times out of the blue with 4 pitch walks. The lack of command on the off speed stuff which is nasty left him a little too reliant on his FB making it easier for hitters to know what was coming.

Some serious potential though if he can iron that stuff out.

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah, it seemed to completely just leave him at times out of the blue with 4 pitch walks. The lack of command on the off speed stuff which is nasty left him a little too reliant on his FB making it easier for hitters to know what was coming.

Some serious potential though if he can iron that stuff out.

Definitely serious potential, and I am not writing him off just because his control has been shaky in the majors so far between last season and tonight.  Whenever he gets called up to stay for good, then I'll happily pick him back up and see what happens.  It's possible for now that he's just not quite ready.