NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

go rain!!!!! my team cant hit or pitch anyways so i might as well hope they all get rained out

#Nerd #AlsothoughtIreadVogelsongatfirst

#automatethestrikezone   I don't spend money and time to watch these home plate umpires influence the game with their strike zone "preferences".

6 minutes ago, 33legend said:

@taobball could you expand on what you like about Roark? I think he could be had cheap and now might a good time to acquire before he gets a lot of love.

Can’t speak for Tao, and he’s probably got a much better version, but Roark has looked almost as good as his numbers thus far. His pitches are moving well, and hitters haven’t been hitting him hard. He’s had the stuff for quite a few years now, but it seems to come and go. It looks like his stuff is there so far this year. Even tonight, he’s a few clean innings away from a decent outing. Doesn’t hurt having a great offense 

Edit: I forgot to mention that he has some pretty nasty movement 

Edited by mavsfan23
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Yeah he goes through these streaks sometimes where he is just locked in.  It’s a lot of fun to watch considering there are also times where it just feels like he Ks every at bat.

When his swing is off he literally can't hit anything and it is ugly to watch.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, the real donny baseball said:

What is the deal with the Rockies broadcast? I'm trying to watch a baseball game and the last inning has been some chick talking about twitter with the camera mostly on her while she babbles,and the game is barely shown.

Not entirely related, but the woman on ESPN that over-annunciates about half of the Hispanic baseball names she comes across, annoys the hell out of me. I mean, if you’re going to make that your thing, at least be consistent. She said JD Martinez like any of my fellow southerners would, but she pounced on Yoenis Cespedes like Belt did on that HR. 

36 minutes ago, 33legend said:

@taobball could you expand on what you like about Roark? I think he could be had cheap and now might a good time to acquire before he gets a lot of love.

Without having any time to compose any thoughts I'd suggest seeing the 2017 Tanner Roark thread and applying many of the similar philosophies. The Slider in particular is a pitch I thought was udnerrated that went from his best ISO (sub-.050 I believe) to his worst ISO (+.200) and hasn't allowed a hit yet. That's a key pitch for him. But overall it's just pitchability and depth of arsenal. Knows what he's doing. Knows how to mix. Has four things he can mix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I honestly don’t know.  Yet I would

not be surprised.

6 innings.  1 er.  5 baserunners.  7 ks.

I'm missing what he did poorly tonight. 

He's clearly one of their top 4 guys.