NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Carlos Correa

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DJSatane said:

Another fact that backs up this pitcher did this on purpose:

How does that prove anything one way or the other? Be easier to make the case that he didn't hit Acuna on purpose using that "fact". He was pumped and overthrew it and lost command.

You know things are clear-cut when your own beat writer calls you out:
·
3h

Urena has a propensity for hitting batters. But this crosses the line.
24 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Snit after the game said the biggest issue with Acuna was cramping, which I thought was strange considering the injury. I"ll be honest and hope I'm wrong, I'll be shocked if something isn't broke - something like the radial head or neck of the elbow, those bones are small and can break pretty easily, if hit in the right place. Snift got a little emotional talking about Acuna, said, he's one of mine, like he was talking about his son. I love managers who are player managers. The Braves team are a very tight group. Listening to some of the interviews, I recall hearing 'down the road' we'll see what happens. I'm pretty confident pay back will happen. of course not soon enough.

5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Snit after the game said the biggest issue with Acuna was cramping, which I thought was strange considering the injury. I"ll be honest and hope I'm wrong, I'll be shocked if something isn't broke - something like the radial head or neck of the elbow, those bones are small and can break pretty easily, if hit in the right place. Snift got a little emotional talking about Acuna, said, he's one of mine, like he was talking about his son. I love managers who are player managers. The Braves team are a very tight group. Listening to some of the interviews, I recall hearing 'down the road' we'll see what happens. I'm pretty confident pay back will happen. of course not soon enough.

Unless Donny boy puts on a helmet and steps his a$$ in the box...

there will be no justice. 

(Maybe David could visit him in the VIP of his favorite steakhouse? That would be righteous and make TMZ happy.) 

Dear Juice, plz beat Donny’s a** on film.

Warmest wishes, Fantasy Land. ?

Sounds sincere enough to me.  I don't think Mattingly instructed Urena to plunk Acuna.  

Urena was trying to throw inside, maybe one got away from him, but it sure looked to an awful lot of people (including the Umpires) like it was intentional.

Just hoping Acuna is okay.

Archived