NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Carlos Correa

Just now, Carlos Correa said:

He had a warning track flyout today too and yesterday. He's been mashing it when he makes contact other than that bloop double.

Nice i didn't see his warning track fly today. Only saw the one yesterday. Good to know! 

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Magoo said:

Good for him.  Can't imagine the shock/excitement to be a Braves fan and be in that place to catch the ball.  I'm sure he'll get some autos etc to give the ball back to Acuna.

042618_gif_fan_freakout_med.gif

2 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

That’s gonna be tough to do. Inciarte/Albies/Freeman pretty much locked in at the top 3. It’d be prefect to have Bautista come up batting cleanup, be useful, and Acuna bat 5th with Markakis slapping hits all over the place letting Acuna fly on the bases. 

id put at acuna at 2 and move albies/freeman to 3/4.

He, at the least, ought to hit in front of Kurt Suzuki.

If you gotta go righty-righty bat the base clogger behind the speedster. 

Probably will end up their clean up hitter soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Mexi1024 said:

For those that didn't see. The RBI double was a 1st pitch swing and was a weak pop up that landed in no mans land in RF. Fun game today but he really only hit the HR hard. I didn't see his "infield single" though. 

It was one of the more spectacular infield singles I ever witnessed. 

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Freeman deserves a better hitter behind him than markakis, acuna would be perfect

As a Braves fan I would 100% agree.

This would be my Lineup:

1. Enciarte

2. Albies

3. Freeman

4. Acuna

5. Suzuki

6. Markakis

7. Swanson

8. Flaherty

Would be no more pitching around Freeman with this which is what teams do with Markakis hitting behind him.

8 hours ago, Magoo said:

I'm sure he'll get some autos etc to give the ball back to Acuna.

Uhhh if that were me, I'd be expecting the Braves organization/Acuna to open up their wallets for the ball, they can keep their autographs

3 hours ago, DMurphy77 said:

As a Braves fan I would 100% agree.

This would be my Lineup:

1. Enciarte

2. Albies

3. Freeman

4. Acuna

5. Suzuki

6. Markakis

7. Swanson

8. Flaherty

Would be no more pitching around Freeman with this which is what teams do with Markakis hitting behind him.

Yup.  And as much as Acuna owners want Acuna in front of Freeman, they aren't moving Freeman from 3rd.

I hope wherever he lands in the lineup, that he has opportunities to run. 

I assumed that hitting cleanup wouldn’t be good for SB’s, and I found a somewhat helpful article but it doesn’t seem as significant as I thought. Outside of 1st/2nd/8th/9th there’s not a lot of difference. We obviously don’t want 8th/9th so best case is moving Albies to cleanup and Acuna to 2nd. Seems unlikely though 

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/how-does-batting-order-affect-stolen-bases/

3 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

I assumed that hitting cleanup wouldn’t be good for SB’s, and I found a somewhat helpful article but it doesn’t seem as significant as I thought. Outside of 1st/2nd/8th/9th there’s not a lot of difference. We obviously don’t want 8th/9th so best case is moving Albies to cleanup and Acuna to 2nd. Seems unlikely though 

Not a big dif from 8/9 to 1/2? I don't even need to read that to know that's straight horse sht.

3 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Not a big dif from 8/9 to 1/2? I don't even need to read that to know that's straight horse sht.

They are opposites. 1/2 different on the good end, 8/9 on the bad end. 3-7 no real difference.

10 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Indeed, there is like 0% chance that Albies bats regularly cleanup.

12 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Moving on up batting 5th today. Belongs right behind Freeman at the 4 until Albies cools off a little and cedes the 2 hole to the immortal one.

Its only because Suzuki is out

Archived