NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Carlos Correa

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

What caliber of player would it take for You acuna owners to part with him? (and please avoid the snarky "nobody" everyone's got a price lol )

Tommy Pham caliber guy. Has to be a HR SB combo player

49 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

What caliber of player would it take for You acuna owners to part with him? (and please avoid the snarky "nobody" everyone's got a price lol )

Top 20 overall player.

Looking like he'll have LF  by maybe Monday or Tuesday hopefully for Yahoo, can't wait. He shows today needing 2 starts in LF and that's where he started tonight.

7 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

In a redraft? He's untouchable. You're not going to be willing to part with the player/s he's worth. 1st rounder. People will scream "rookie! learning curve! adjustments!" Those people also whiffed on Trout. 

In a keeper/dynasty? You'd have to guarantee I at least win this season's championship. Personally own him for $1 thru 2024 and he's untouchable until injuries derail his career. 

1 hour ago, moeron22 said:

In a redraft? He's untouchable. You're not going to be willing to part with the player/s he's worth. 1st rounder. People will scream "rookie! learning curve! adjustments!" Those people also whiffed on Trout. 

In a keeper/dynasty? You'd have to guarantee I at least win this season's championship. Personally own him for $1 thru 2024 and he's untouchable until injuries derail his career. 

You think he’s worth 1st round talent THIS year?

Guy offered me Bryce Harper for Acuna and Brenden Rodgers in my NL only Keeper league (Roto). I turned him down because Harper might not be in the NL next year. After this season he’s gonna command a 400-500 million dollar deal. And it’s a 50/50 shot that it’s an NL team that’s gets him. I’m not willing to give Hom those two youngsters for potentially 1 season of Harper

In most cases, if you drafted Acuna in your team in redraft you probably reached for him and it's gonna be tougher for other owners to snatch off Acuna from their hands unless its a great offer. Not saying it's justified or rational, but that's how it is most of the time. I'd bet a majority of Acuna owners in redraft this year are the 'prospect hype machines' in the league who stash prospects a month before they get called up

4 hours ago, absknicks said:

Pretty sure he was just being sarcastic. At least I hope so.

Nope. Ask yourself "who was I willing to give up for Trout his rookie year?" It's the same scenario. Once-in-a-decade type player, who has come out of the gate red-hot. His skill is empirical. His value depending on where you drafted him blows everyone else out of the water. I'm making my decision to trade him based on my belief he will be a top 20 player this year. 

6 minutes ago, moeron22 said:

Nope. Ask yourself "who was I willing to give up for Trout his rookie year?" It's the same scenario. Once-in-a-decade type player, who has come out of the gate red-hot. His skill is empirical. His value depending on where you drafted him blows everyone else out of the water. I'm making my decision to trade him based on my belief he will be a top 20 player this year. 

How old was Trout when he came up?

20 seems awful young to put up first round numbers. 

Trout was 20 and turned 21 in august of his rookie campaign. 

Game has changed guys. It's a young man's game now. It has been for a while. Rookies just don't struggle like they used to. Some do, but it seems rare with these uber prospects. 

For me in a redraft, I'm not trying to be fair. I'm trying to guarantee myself a championship because he is the caliber player that can bring you one. Especially if you got him at a discount. 

25 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Batting 2nd today.

Noticed Ender got bumped down to 9th...weird.

Db9VLulVwAEXa09.jpg

Yeah 9th seems yucky to hit Inciarte, hope it doesn't stick. Be interesting to see how the lineup shakes out as they figure out where they want Acuna to hit. 

Inciarte bumped from leadoff to accomodate this loser emo because he can't hit outhit Markakis. That's ridiculous

I was very impressed with this kids' poise after being moved up to #2 in the lineup just one week after he was called up. He showed a lot of patience today and worked the pitchers for some good at bats. Keep it up young gun!

Archived