NBC Sports Edge Forums

Major Roster Reconstruction?

10 team, 6x6 (extra categories OPS and QS), h2h redraft:

Several players I'd be interested in picking up and pitchers I'm interested in streaming, including: Matt Chapman (dropped him the other day but maybe I shouldn't have?) Tim Anderson, Michael Taylor (both for major SB potential?), Nick Pivetta, Sean Newcomb (for either holding or SP streaming?) The problem is I am having trouble getting anyone to bite on trades, and don't know who to drop. Would you drop anyone here for any of the above? FWIW, I've already used 2/6 roster moves this week.

Here's my squad:

C: Gary Sanchez

1B: Anthony Rizzo

2B: Jose Altuve

SS: Dansby Swanson

3B: Adrian Beltre

OF: Cody Bellinger

OF: Andrew Benintendi

OF: Adam Jones

UTIL: Miguel Andujar

UTIL: Ryan Braun

BN: Michael Brantley

BN: Joey Gallo

BN: Gleyber Torres

DL: Xander Boegarts

SP: Noah Syndergaard

SP: Carlos Martinez

RP: Ken Giles

RP: Hunter Strickland

P: Trevor Bauer

P: Dylan Bundy

P: Julio Teheran

P: Hector Neris

BN: Tanner Roark

BN: Jack Flaherty

DL: Corey Knebel

11 minutes ago, evanromano said:

10 team, 6x6 (extra categories OPS and QS), h2h redraft:

Several players I'd be interested in picking up and pitchers I'm interested in streaming, including: Matt Chapman (dropped him the other day but maybe I shouldn't have?) Tim Anderson, Michael Taylor (both for major SB potential?), Nick Pivetta, Sean Newcomb (for either holding or SP streaming?) The problem is I am having trouble getting anyone to bite on trades, and don't know who to drop. Would you drop anyone here for any of the above? FWIW, I've already used 2/6 roster moves this week.

Here's my squad:

C: Gary Sanchez

1B: Anthony Rizzo

2B: Jose Altuve

SS: Dansby Swanson

3B: Adrian Beltre

OF: Cody Bellinger

OF: Andrew Benintendi

OF: Adam Jones

UTIL: Miguel Andujar

UTIL: Ryan Braun

BN: Michael Brantley

BN: Joey Gallo

BN: Gleyber Torres

DL: Xander Boegarts

SP: Noah Syndergaard

SP: Carlos Martinez

RP: Ken Giles

RP: Hunter Strickland

P: Trevor Bauer

P: Dylan Bundy

P: Julio Teheran

P: Hector Neris

BN: Tanner Roark

BN: Jack Flaherty

DL: Corey Knebel

I'd drop A Jones for Taylor.  Jones has a diminished tool set at this point in his career, so Taylor, in a better Nats lineup,  will give you more fantasy firepower with his SB upside.  

Arms I would entertain dropping Flaherty, Giles and Roark:

-Devinski looks to be in the lead chair for saves in Hou making Giles expendable (even in a share situation)

-Flaherty has talent, however the Cardinals refuse to expand to a 6 man rotation (even talk of reducing to 4), makinghis path to consistent starts clouded.

-Roark is solid but not spectacular.  You know what your getting with him, which is a decent floor/low ceiling. Pivetta & Newcomb come with more risk but offer a much higher ceiling.  

On 4/25/2018 at 7:58 AM, F@ndemonium said:

I'd drop A Jones for Taylor.  Jones has a diminished tool set at this point in his career, so Taylor, in a better Nats lineup,  will give you more fantasy firepower with his SB upside.  

Arms I would entertain dropping Flaherty, Giles and Roark:

-Devinski looks to be in the lead chair for saves in Hou making Giles expendable (even in a share situation)

-Flaherty has talent, however the Cardinals refuse to expand to a 6 man rotation (even talk of reducing to 4), makinghis path to consistent starts clouded.

-Roark is solid but not spectacular.  You know what your getting with him, which is a decent floor/low ceiling. Pivetta & Newcomb come with more risk but offer a much higher ceiling.  

Giles is Houston’s closer and since coming back from his back tightness problem has been lights out. He also is overall better than Devenski.

Drop Jones for Taylor and Flaherty for Pivetta. Don’t drop any closers especially Giles who is your best one. Strickland may not even be a closer all season. Flaherty is going back to the minors and Jones seems done. You could use stolen bases and Pivetta looks better than Newcomb.

etta

1 hour ago, jahweedum said:

Flaherty and Giles imo - Flaherty probably going back down again.  You should maybe have guys like Kingman, Buehler, Gohara out there as well

Buehler is going back to the minors with Kershaw, Wood, Ryu, Maeda, Hill all ahead of him. Gohara is a worser option than both Newcomb and Pivetta and Kingman had just 1 start. Giles is also his best closer.

I don't see this as needing an overhaul. You have a great IF, solid SP, and a good team overall.

As a guy who recently paid $11 to draft Flaherty and $4 to draft Pivetta, I'd definitely take Pivetta at this point.  He is throwing every bit as well as Flaherty, and he is in fact in the majors.