NBC Sports EDGE Forums

First Dynasty Offseason. Lots of moves, how did I do? WHIR

So this is the first offseasons I have ever done in a dynasty league. It is a superflex, PPR, salary cap league. I felt good going into last year, but was killed by injuries. I made a lot of moves, think I improved from year 1 to year 2? Here is before and after. Starting roster is QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/SFLEX/FLEX/K/DST with 22 roster spots/ 3 IR and 3 Taxi

BEFORE

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Jimmy Garoppolo

RB- Mark Ingram, Carlos Hyde, Gio Bernard, Jeremy Hill, Chris Carson

WR- Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Chris Godwin, Mack Hollins

TE- Zach Ertz

Picks- 1.1, 2.1, 3.1

Total Salary Cap: 294 (out of 300)

NOW

QB- Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garoppolo

RB- Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Gio Bernard, Jeremy Hill

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Mack Hollins

TE- Zach Ertz, Evan Engram

Picks- 1.1, 1.6, 2.3

Total Salary Cap after rookie signings: $242 (out of 300) with free agency yet to come.

I'd agree you've improved from year 1 to year 2. Definitely need to address those WRs.

Time to add Barkely at 1:01 and see who is there at 1:06 and 2:03. *while you need WRs, I'm not sure you'll find instant impact at the position in this years draft, at this point I am high on CSutton and DJMoore :shrug: You might be able to find a 4th starting RB at 1:06, but not WR. Even if you start 4 RBs, you still need a 2nd WR to line up next to your TE of choice.

Maybe trade 1:06 for a Veteran WR...you need 2; if you do that, you can run the wishbone (Zeke, Johnson, Barkely), next to Hopkins plus a 2nd WR, and both TEs. Just a thought, good luck this season!

• Like 1

Thanks for your input. Yea I am fully prepared to draft Saquon with 1.1. You are right in that I will not be counting on a rookie WR in that open slot. There are a couple free agents that I will feel comfortable placing in the WR2 spot to play matchups. The thing that is nice is that i will be able to play Garoppolo in one of my flex spots as opposed to another rookie back, or someone I pick up from FA.

• Like 1

Quick Update. We had our rookie draft last weekend and started FA this past week. 

QB- Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garoppolo, Mitch Trubisky

RB- Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Derrius Guice, Rashaad Penny

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Robert Woods, Chris Hogam, Christian Kirk, Antonio Callaway

TE- Zach Ertz, Austin Hooper

DST- Texans

Total Salary Cap after rookie signings and FA: $272 (out of 300) with 6 open spots on roster.

2 hours ago, Unbreakable said:

Quick Update. We had our rookie draft last weekend and started FA this past week. 

QB- Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garoppolo, Mitch Trubisky

RB- Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Derrius Guice, Rashaad Penny

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Robert Woods, Chris Hogam, Christian Kirk, Antonio Callaway

TE- Zach Ertz, Austin Hooper

DST- Texans

Total Salary Cap after rookie signings and FA: $272 (out of 300) with 6 open spots on roster.

This looks like a winning eight-team roster, so with this being a 12-teamer you should lol your way through the season. All that quality youth should keep you at or near the top for the next several years.

5 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

CURIous to know how you built that with the weak roster you started with...

It really revolved around my qbs. I got lucky kn a few deals where people had their homer goggles on. Some of them were continued deals or 3 way trades. 

I will try to get this all straight, I made a total of 15 trades.

1. Jimmy G, Hyde, K. Benjamin(homer) for Pat Mahomes, Stefon Diggs, Evan Engram and 1.7

2. Sammy Watkins for Joe Mixon.

3. Aaron Rodgers and 2.1 for Russell Wilson, Amari Cooper and 2.7.

4. Joe Mixon and 1.7 for Ezekiel Elliott.

5. Andrew Luck for Derek Carr.

6. Chris Carson, C.J Prosise, Stefon Diggs for Jarvis Landry and 1.8.

7. Amari Cooper for 1.9.

8. Derek Carr, Jarvis Landry, 2.7 for Jimmy Garoppolo, Sammy Watkins 1.6.

9. Pat Mahomes and 1.9 for Carson Wentz and 2.3.

10. Sammy Watkins and Brandin Cooks(homer) for DeAndre Hopkins and 2.10.

11. Russell Wilson, Mark Ingram, 1.8 and 2.10 for David Johnson.

12. David Johnson, Mack Hollins and 2.3 for Odell Beckham, Randall Cobb and 1.5.

13. Evan Engram for 2.5

14. Gio Bernard and Randall Cobb for Mitch Trubisky.

15. Chris Godwin for 3.3