NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

42 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

From a fantasy standpoint, love the faulk and LT comparisons. From 2002-2007 if you had LT, you got no worse than 1345 yards rushing, 13 tds and 50 catches. In ppr, if you had LT, you won the league. He was that much of a stud. If Saquan is LT, I would love that. It isn't perfect from a body build standpoint- but I think for usage, it's a great example. Give me LT please!!! I do agree Giants will be better in future, pending Eli and Qb future. 

From a fantasy point the problem has been and still is until we see them play the o-line.  In theory Barley has all of the opportunity to be a stud. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think by start of next season he will have dropped down to about 220.

I don't see him being 230 his whole playing days. It's gonna be typical offseason stuff about losing weight / gaining weight we always see from RB's. 

I think that weight is gonna be tough to carry at the NFL level and trying to do everything he's projected to do. 

8 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I think by start of next season he will have dropped down to about 220.

I don't see him being 230 his whole playing days. It's gonna be typical offseason stuff about losing weight / gaining weight we always see from RB's. 

I think that weight is gonna be tough to carry at the NFL level and trying to do everything he's projected to do. 

why? it's what he played at in college and its the weight he tested at when he "broke the combine" and received a 99th percentile SPARQ 

14 hours ago, South Carolina said:

You forgot the biggest piece, a QB.

i would trust a veteran like eli with this whole rebuild before i would webb or some rookie. i think they are right, eli does have 2-3 years left and that will give plenty of time to find and develop a kid to take over. then the pieces will be better in place and beckham and barkley will be at their peak.

the real reason everyone is so down on eli is really because philly and dallas have both made the change to the young guys. washington brought in a new guy. but honestly the best situation at this point is to let barkley develop into that system. let the chemistry come back for beckham. the best way for that to happen is a veteran qb that has been running the system for as long as eli has. then when the new coaching staff trys to make changes you have a qb mature enough to take his team thru them.

17 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

the real reason everyone is so down on eli is really because philly and dallas have both made the change to the young guys. washington brought in a new guy. but honestly the best situation at this point is to let barkley develop into that system. let the chemistry come back for beckham. the best way for that to happen is a veteran qb that has been running the system for as long as eli has. then when the new coaching staff trys to make changes you have a qb mature enough to take his team thru them.

I think the real reason has nothing to do with QB changes in the conference and everything to do with the Giants having only 1 winning season in 5yrs :D

2 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

Whats funny is Philly is the only one that has a set “long term” answer 

Smith’ s older and average at best, Dak is garbage when he can’t hand it off 40 times 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:27 PM, dmb3684 said:

Nah, garbage is strong, but Dak is not good.

they were wrong to give him rookie of the year????? hahahahahahahahaha.....elliott will be there for 16,and dez wont be working on his confidence this year. granted witten is gone, but dak will be fine.

40 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

they were wrong to give him rookie of the year????? hahahahahahahahaha.....elliott will be there for 16,and dez wont be working on his confidence this year. granted witten is gone, but dak will be fine.

Dude only sees 10 yards in front of him on only half the field.

9 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

Nah he deserved it. There are plenty of QBs that have one good year, then the league figures them out and it ends up a career year.

Josh Freeman comes to mind. Derek Andeson, etc.

hahahahahahahaha wow.....i have had some really good laughs on here the last few days. he gets rookie of the year. finishes last year still as qb 10 and will get his running game back next year and he is already done as a pro???? wtf are you guys for real??? i've already said that "i'm not an nfl scout".....but i'm sure not an idiot.

52 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

well this is a brakley thread, so i will get to the issue.......get barkley with all you can. i pick #7 in a redraft league and i'm going to take a chance on the kid there. i think he is the next leveon bell.

He's not going to last to #7 in August drafts.

1 hour ago, not an nfl scout said:

hahahahahahahaha wow.....i have had some really good laughs on here the last few days. he gets rookie of the year. finishes last year still as qb 10 and will get his running game back next year and he is already done as a pro???? wtf are you guys for real??? i've already said that "i'm not an nfl scout".....but i'm sure not an idiot.

This is a fantasy football forum. Dak ran for 6 TDs last year, so no surprise he finished as QB10, but that doesn't mean he is a good real life QB.

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He's not going to last to #7 in August drafts.

Brown, Bell, Gurley, DJ, Elliot, Kamara, Hopkins, and Fournette can all go before him. Not saying they will or should but depending on the league it’s a real possilibty no matter when you draft.

I usually like picking top 3 or even first but this year I’d love the 5th or 6th pick. The difference between Bell, DJ, Barkley, Elliot, Gurley, and Kamara isn’t that big. If any.

he's going to have a potentially dominant left side to run behind [his college OL was garbage], he's not going to see anywhere near as many stacked defensive fronts [Odell, Shepard, Engram] ... it's his receiving ability that makes him "bust proof" [in fantasy, and reality] - in my opinion 

top 3 RB in PPR this year. 

1 hour ago, not an nfl scout said:

Quoting a post I made last season:

"Let's just put this in perspective:

Over the last 5 games:

QB A: 178 YPG, 2 TD, and 8 TO

QB B: 158 YPG, 2 TD, 9 TO

A is Prescott B is Kizer. Oh, and by the way, Kizer got pulled in one of the games at halftime. If he didn't he would have the same YPG (if not more), same TDs (if not more), and only a few more TOs than Prescott.

Let me clarify this. Prescott is playing just as bad as a QB who has had total bums to throw to and a guy that got benched. On the Browns. For Hogan. Prescott is the worst QB in the NFL. That's not even some kind of exaggeration. Even these scrub backups have been way better. Even Kizer who is clearly just terrible and plays for an excuse of a football team is better. "

There was a stretch last year where Prescott was absolutely pathetic. Good QBs never do that. Good QBs never go 5 games averaging under 200 YPC and under 0.5 TDs per game. 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Quoting a post I made last season:

"Let's just put this in perspective:

Over the last 5 games:

QB A: 178 YPG, 2 TD, and 8 TO

QB B: 158 YPG, 2 TD, 9 TO

A is Prescott B is Kizer. Oh, and by the way, Kizer got pulled in one of the games at halftime. If he didn't he would have the same YPG (if not more), same TDs (if not more), and only a few more TOs than Prescott.

Let me clarify this. Prescott is playing just as bad as a QB who has had total bums to throw to and a guy that got benched. On the Browns. For Hogan. Prescott is the worst QB in the NFL. That's not even some kind of exaggeration. Even these scrub backups have been way better. Even Kizer who is clearly just terrible and plays for an excuse of a football team is better. "

There was a stretch last year where Prescott was absolutely pathetic. Good QBs never do that. Good QBs never go 5 games averaging under 200 YPC and under 0.5 TDs per game. 

•  

and what team do you work for? are you frickin for real??? he finished the year as a top 10 qb.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived