NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

This is a fantasy football forum. Dak ran for 6 TDs last year, so no surprise he finished as QB10, but that doesn't mean he is a good real life QB.

all the better.....when you got a qb that can get you yards and tds on the ground????? 6 no less???? vick wasnt the greatest passer in the world, but he brougfht a huge fantasy factor to his team.

1 minute ago, not an nfl scout said:

all the better.....when you got a qb that can get you yards and tds on the ground????? 6 no less???? vick wasnt the greatest passer in the world, but he brougfht a huge fantasy factor to his team.

dak is also nowhere near as talented as Vick ... 

vick would've caught up to the DB ... or run for a first down 

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

fantasy football is not reality ... and he is nowhere near a top 10 NFL QB. Nowhere

he finished #11 overall and #8 at qb in our league. we are PPR and have 6 pnts per td pass. if he runs for 6 more all the merrier. wow for all you guys being stat mongers i cant figure the hate......maybe its because he's a cowboy?

Just now, not an nfl scout said:

he finished #11 overall and #8 at qb in our league. we are PPR and have 6 pnts per td pass. if he runs for 6 more all the merrier. wow for all you guys being stat mongers i cant figure the hate......maybe its because he's a cowboy?

He is not a great reality QB ... he just isn't. I'm glad he was decent in fantasy last year - he's not that good in actual football. 

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He is not a great reality QB ... he just isn't. I'm glad he was decent in fantasy last year - he's not that good in actual football. 

dallas is a run based offense. elliott is one of the best rbs in the game. he's back. dallas has one of the best olines in the game. tyrone smith is back. he wont run for his life now. gives him time to look down field. he is now entering his "just" 3rd year. he will develop nicely with help and weapons.

4 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

dallas is a run based offense. elliott is one of the best rbs in the game. he's back. dallas has one of the best olines in the game. tyrone smith is back. he wont run for his life now. gives him time to look down field. he is now entering his "just" 3rd year. he will develop nicely with help and weapons.

Exactly. Look at how his numbers fell off when Zeke went out. He’ll be fine.

6 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

doesn't help dak in fantasy. doesn't help dak in fantasy. OL is very good run blocking, mediocre pass blocking - a negative for Dak. losing Dez and Witten helps his development?

good thing dallas has a great run blocking OL and running back ... because Dak sucks. ask yourself why you need to try and convince people on a completely different players thread ... 

2 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

Again, that has nothing to do with Dak as a real life QB.

3 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

and what team do you work for? are you frickin for real??? he finished the year as a top 10 qb.

Let's apply your logic in a different situation. Just to test it.

Marvin Jones is better than Julio Jones.

Devante Adams is a better WR than Mike Evans.

Melvin Gordon is a better football player than Shady

Alex Smith is better at football than Drew Brees

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

i'd rather hear more nonsense about "dancing" than this Dak BS .. 

shouldn't require too many dance moves behind this rhino 

* especially next to one of the best run blocking left tackles in the league ... 

Woof, putting a nasty hold in a highlight vid

23 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Woof, putting a nasty hold in a highlight vid

Breaking news: Guards hold 

I love how that’s what you get from the scouting report / video ... it’s almost impressive. 

(Now you’ll quote me about him playing at UTEP, I’ll say he dominated the senior bowl / better competition as well as is widely regarded as one of the best run blocking prospects in years and round n round we go)

8 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

doesn't help dak in fantasy. doesn't help dak in fantasy. OL is very good run blocking, mediocre pass blocking - a negative for Dak. losing Dez and Witten helps his development?

good thing dallas has a great run blocking OL and running back ... because Dak sucks. ask yourself why you need to try and convince people on a completely different players thread ... 

dont have to try to convince anyone anything about dak. he was rookie of the year in his first year. he was qb #8 in our fantasy league, and the cowboys just missed the playoffs in 2017? the giants and dallas both had great drafts and both will give philly a run for the east title. the giants will be damn good on offense this year and barkley will be a beast. ROY for sure. eli will get 2 of his weapons back and add barkley to that and you have a good qb in eli. i was trying to compare dallas to the giants on barkley's thread to show the importance of a rb to the offense and its qb.

1 minute ago, not an nfl scout said:

dont have to try to convince anyone anything about dak. he was rookie of the year in his first year. he was qb #8 in our fantasy league, and the cowboys just missed the playoffs in 2017? the giants and dallas both had great drafts and both will give philly a run for the east title. the giants will be damn good on offense this year and barkley will be a beast. ROY for sure. eli will get 2 of his weapons back and add barkley to that and you have a good qb in eli. i was trying to compare dallas to the giants on barkley's thread to show the importance of a rb to the offense and its qb.

and in the most roundabout way imaginable ... I agree. 

On 6/4/2018 at 11:40 AM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:
On 6/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, not an nfl scout said:

real reason everyone is so down on eli is really because philly and dallas have both made the change to the young guys. washington brought in a new guy. but honestly the best situation at this point is to let barkley develop into that system. let the chemistry come back for beckham. the best way for that to happen is a veteran qb that has been running the system for as long as eli has. then when the new coaching staff trys to make changes you have a qb mature enough to take his team thru them.

Whats funny is Philly is the only one that has a set “long term” answer 

Smith’ s older and average at best, Dak is garbage when he can’t hand it off 40 times 

this is why i ended up trying to defend dak on barkleys thread.........does this look familiar? who drew first blood here?

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Yeah, I said it ... because Dak is garbage - in reality 

and again all i said to begin with is...."we shall see". with all his weapons back it is just like eli with all his weapons in place. both teams as well as both qbs will be different than they were last year.

9 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Yeah, I said it ... because Dak is garbage - in reality 

Eli looked worse than Dak last year. I expect both to rebound well this season. 

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Eli looked worse than Dak last year. I expect both to rebound well this season. 

yes they will because they are both system based qbs. if the system is broke they cant be successful. if the system is up and running good they both can be good. i just wonder how good brady would be if he were on say cleveland.

As a Giants hater, I'm glad I wont be forced into drafting any of their guys this year. Seems like people are going to be drafting Barkley and ODB as if this is a playoff team... I don't see it. I don't think Barkley will even be the best rookie back. I hope the Barkley hype gets huge and he goes top half of first round.

35 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

yes they will because they are both system based qbs. if the system is broke they cant be successful. if the system is up and running good they both can be good. i just wonder how good brady would be if he were on say cleveland.

Being a system based QB doesn’t make you good. If you’re production is fully depending on a RB taking away pressure you aren’t good. You’re a game manager. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived