NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

2 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

As a Giants hater, I'm glad I wont be forced into drafting any of their guys this year. Seems like people are going to be drafting Barkley and ODB as if this is a playoff team... I don't see it. I don't think Barkley will even be the best rookie back. I hope the Barkley hype gets huge and he goes top half of first round.

Barkley was drafted top 5. That investment alone makes him a borderline guaranteed bellcow. Then he is the perfect prototype for fantasy production with good hands, route running, and size for GL carries. He should be going mid to possibly high first. He will produce. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, zorndogs said:

As a Giants hater, I'm glad I wont be forced into drafting any of their guys this year. Seems like people are going to be drafting Barkley and ODB as if this is a playoff team... I don't see it. I don't think Barkley will even be the best rookie back. I hope the Barkley hype gets huge and he goes top half of first round.

Volume should put him in the top 10 in ppr but obviously there are other concerns about what he produce with that volume and how often will the team get in the redzone and what will his red zone usage be; if he is not scoring td's that's going to hurt his chances  at being a top 3 rb. it would really suck to see hm get down in the red zone and jstew or the te/wr get all of the redzone work because the coaches get too clever in play calling. 

7 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

yes they will because they are both system based qbs. if the system is broke they cant be successful. if the system is up and running good they both can be good. i just wonder how good brady would be if he were on say cleveland.

he would have never been good which has always been my point when his cabana boys say he is better then Peyton. yeah right. Without Hoodie and his system Brady would have been an avg QB at best.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Volume should put him in the top 10 in ppr but obviously there are other concerns about what he produce with that volume and how often will the team get in the redzone and what will his red zone usage be; if he is not scoring td's that's going to hurt his chances  at being a top 3 rb. it would really suck to see hm get down in the red zone and jstew or the te/wr get all of the redzone work because the coaches get too clever in play calling. 

I don't think Jstew should be a red zone concern. Shurmer had Lat murray (way better then Stew) last year and he barely sniffed the field while Dalvin was healthy.  

22 minutes ago, dashoe said:

he would have never been good which has always been my point when his cabana boys say he is better then Peyton. yeah right. Without Hoodie and his system Brady would have been an avg QB at best.

Could say the same thing about Montana/Walsh.

Fact is BB WAS his coach and he IS the GOAT.  Hypotheticals like that are useless.

4 minutes ago, pascuccis1 said:

I don't think Jstew should be a red zone concern. Shurmer had Lat murray (way better then Stew) last year and he barely sniffed the field while Dalvin was healthy.  

That's a bad comp without context

Dalvin Cook  was on the field practicing with the 1st team for the entire preseason while Murray was on the sidelines recovering from surgery

Dalvin played 4 games before injury took him down

Murray  probably  wasnt 'healthy'  as a runner until November last season.

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Fact is BB WAS his coach and he IS the GOAT.  Hypotheticals like that are useless.

I don't care about Montana/Walsh. I'm talking about Peyton but i will take your response as support that Brady would be nothing without hoodie and can't stand on his own merit next to Peyton.  

Stop with the misdirection of my point with examples that don't apply Mr Cabana Boy #9 :lol:

Just now, dashoe said:

I don't care about Montana/Walsh. I'm talking about Peyton but i will take your response as support that Brady would be nothing without hoodie and can't stand on his own merit next to Peyton.  

Stop with the misdirection of my point with examples that don't apply Mr Cabana Boy #9 :lol:

Peyton led the league in INTs and pick-sixes before Jim Caldwell straightened his game out starting in 2002. Acting like he was great all by himself is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Peyton led the league in INTs and pick-sixes before Jim Caldwell straightened his game out starting in 2002. Acting like he was great all by himself is ridiculous.

yawn. . . keep nitpicking. .  .:lol:

30 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Nah. Peyton/Brady debate has been over for some time now. Only people taking Manning at this point are people that hate the Patriots/Brady.

There is a thread for that though.

Back to Saquan. Anyone draft recently? Wondering what his cost his in real drafts right now.

35 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

yes thats the point.....it is also useless to call eli and dak bad qbs. not when they are so dependent on their systems to work. we all seen how good dak can be when his system works....(roy).....with barkley in the mix, eli has the chance to be very good in his system this year.

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Nah. Peyton/Brady debate has been over for some time now. Only people taking Manning at this point are people that hate the Patriots/Brady.

Back to Saquan. Anyone draft recently? Wondering what his cost his in real drafts right now.

Mocks he’s going top 8 in the few I’ve done

11 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Breaking news: Guards hold 

I love how that’s what you get from the scouting report / video ... it’s almost impressive. 

(Now you’ll quote me about him playing at UTEP, I’ll say he dominated the senior bowl / better competition as well as is widely regarded as one of the best run blocking prospects in years and round n round we go)

Should have been called is all I was saying. No need to be defensive

59 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He went 9th in a draftmaster and I took him 5th in a dynasty startup. He probably wouldn't have gotten past 8 or 9

4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I do love the annual preseason overreaction ... Gurley and Bell are the only backs I’d take over him in PPR 

Standard it’s s little more cloudy, but he’s gonna top 70 receptions this year 

I'd take him over both Gurley and Bell...only Zeke and DJ would I rather have. 

13 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I wouldn't mind any of those adding kamara to the list. Hard to pick between those 6

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Even in standard this makes no sense. Gurley and Bell are coming off better years and are on better teams. DJ is a legitimate injury concern nowadays and Dallas could struggle on offense this year, and Zeke isn't the pass catching weapon the other three are.

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Even in standard this makes no sense. Gurley and Bell are coming off better years and are on better teams. DJ is a legitimate injury concern nowadays and Dallas could struggle on offense this year, and Zeke isn't the pass catching weapon the other three are.

You don't draft based on recency bias. At least you shouldn't if you want to win serious leagues.

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

I don’t like Brady. However, that’s a little ridiculous. His leadership and dedication is incredible. He would be somewhat successful anywhere. Obviously not this good but above average. QB is one position that you can’t bull**** being good. You either are or aren’t. He and hoodie mutually make that team great. 

8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I've seen him go top-6 in high-stakes PPR drafts.

Do you think these "high stakes" leagues have much better competition and are more knowledgeable, or do you think they just have bigger bank rolls? 

I don't know about taking an unproven 6 overall with so many other proven commodities at that spot. 

I'm not saying it's dumb or anything, but maybe a bit too high for me. 

Man... 4 goals in like 10 minutes. Picked a good day to watch my first hockey game in like 3 years 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived