NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

6 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Gosh golly it’s scary thinking for yourself and deviating from preseason “expert” ranks, isn’t it? 

I prefer thinking for myself, try it sometimes. 

Me: ok, that's interesting, given that all preseason "experts" call him a "freak of nature" and project him in the top 5 with 300+ touches. I'm curious to see what his take is, probably much lower?

6 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Saquon Barkley is a freak of nature in line for 300+ touches with 60+ of them being receptions. 

Me: ah.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I almost wished he sucked just to get the reverse overreaction 

Have a great weekend rotoworld, with your emoji laden “burns” and no football insight whatsoever 

(saquon’s good, good night) 

Goodnight, we all know what you'll be dreaming of. 

2 hours ago, seanismorris said:

Barkley has always been a better pass catcher than runner.  He needs to learn the patience of Bell.

The run wasn’t bad, he didn’t just break it outside.  And, he did find the hole...

I’m not going to read to much into the preseason.  I still need to see more to make him a 1st round fantasy pick.

Remember the hype after this play?

I love that we will be able to look back in this forum and see that someone cautioned us to get worked up because Ameer Abdullah once had a big preseason run too.

9 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I almost wished he sucked just to get the reverse overreaction 

Have a great weekend rotoworld, with your emoji laden “burns” and no football insight whatsoever 

(saquon’s good, good night) 

Sweet dreams cyber. . . 

5b326c58b0cf2.image 6.jpg

New York Giants
‏Verified account @Giants
59s59 seconds ago

RB Saquon Barkley left practice early after stretching out for a long reception. His left leg was wrapped the remainder of practice. Coach Shurmur said this afternoon after Barkley had been examined, “Saquon has a mild strain, and we’ll be smart with him as we move along here.”

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

They better pray to God Eli stays healthy. That is a brutal QB room! 

That’s why the Giants should have taken Darnold at #2 in the draft.  

Running backs are at a high risk of getting injured...

I’m sure Barkley is fine, but his preseason is likely done.  To muck risk with zero reward...

The Giants should ditch Webb and pick up Bridgewater, and I’d feel better about their future.  At worse he could hold down the fort until they see what they have with Lauletta.

I have a hard time thinking a guy that lost out to Geno will ever be good enough to start...

47 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

That’s why the Giants should have taken Darnold at #2 in the draft.  

Running backs are at a high risk of getting injured...

I’m sure Barkley is fine, but his preseason is likely done.  To muck risk with zero reward...

The Giants should ditch Webb and pick up Bridgewater, and I’d feel better about their future.  At worse he could hold down the fort until they see what they have with Lauletta.

I have a hard time thinking a guy that lost out to Geno will ever be good enough to start...

I couldn't agree more. I love Barkley but Darnold was the smart pick there. They may not have another shot at a franchise QB anytime soon.

Just now, South Carolina said:

I couldn't agree more. I love Barkley but Darnold was the smart pick there. They may not have another shot at a franchise QB anytime soon.

If that's true, I'll be happy as a Giants fan, because we won't be having early 1st rd picks in the near future.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived