Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

 

If that's true, I'll be happy as a Giants fan, because we won't be having early 1st rd picks in the near future.

 

So your fine with drafting 10-15 ever year? Because that's exactly where they are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

 

So your fine with drafting 10-15 ever year? Because that's exactly where they are. 

 

Pretty sure you can find a franchise QB there (Watson, Big Ben come to mind OTOH), so later in the first round than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joshua18 said:

 

Pretty sure you can find a franchise QB there (Watson, Big Ben come to mind OTOH), so later in the first round than that.

 

Perhaps your right. But I can also give you 20 quarterbacks drafted 10-15 that were epic busts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, South Carolina said:

 

Perhaps your right. But I can also give you 20 quarterbacks drafted 10-15 that were epic busts.

 

And I can give you 20 drafted 1-3 that were epic busts. Darnold may or may not be one of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

And I can give you 20 drafted 1-3 that were epic busts. Darnold may or may not be one of them. 

 

And you may be right as well. Just hope they keep Eli upright because Webb is not your guy. Quite frankly he's horrendous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

And you may be right as well. Just hope they keep Eli upright because Webb is not your guy. Quite frankly he's horrendous. 

 

Webb looked bad because he couldnt engineer a legit scoring drive against training camp players but keep in mind it is preseason sou have to give him some slack. If he was to take over he would get all of the fancy offensive toys Eli currently has which would help him immensely.

but then again it reinforces the negative perception surrounding him not getting a single snap last season

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Webb looked bad because he couldnt engineer a legit scoring drive against training camp players but keep in mind it is preseason sou have to give him some slack. If he was to take over he would get all of the fancy offensive toys Eli currently has which would help him immensely.

but then again it reinforces the negative perception surrounding him not getting a single snap last season

 

Webb looked bad because he was bad. He threw into bad coverages, threw ducks and made terrible decisions. That had nothing to do with personnel, that's all on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Webb looked bad because he couldnt engineer a legit scoring drive against training camp players but keep in mind it is preseason sou have to give him some slack. If he was to take over he would get all of the fancy offensive toys Eli currently has which would help him immensely.

but then again it reinforces the negative perception surrounding him not getting a single snap last season

Webb is not a rookie, his rope is short...

 

If he can’t beat out a 4th round rookie for the #2 job, there’s almost 100% certainly he won’t cut it as a starter... ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was all over Barkley before. Hammy injuries terrify me though. Seems so easy to suffer a setback or tweak it once you think it’s fully healed. Too many other good options going in his range to take a chance on him if he’s not 100% healthy come draft day

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I was all over Barkley before. Hammy injuries terrify me though. Seems so easy to suffer a setback or tweak it once you think it’s fully healed. Too many other good options going in his range to take a chance on him if he’s not 100% healthy come draft day

I agree with you 100%, but the question is... how do we know when and if he is 100%?  That's what's killing me..

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

I agree with you 100%, but the question is... how do we know when and if he is 100%?  That's what's killing me..

 

 

i don't think he will be 100% for a while.  it is something that will probably linger and pop its ugly head from time to time during the year and everyone will get to stress about how much work he will get the coming week.  if this were already the regular season he'd probably just get a questionable tag but he'd play.  but since it is pre season he is sitting to get extra rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This news is extremely worrisome. This is easily an injury that could linger all year long, or be further aggravated. I'd be surprised if we see him for one snap the rest of the preseason, which means going into drafts we'll have no idea just how severe it is. I know there's been a lot of talk about his freakish legs, but often with that type of muscle mass comes an increased propensity for injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s literally gone back to working the next day after this “injury” and will be full go next week. There is literally no concern whatsoever within the organization, just handling him with kid gloves as they should 3 weeks before the season.

 

Its a non issue, but continue to freak out if you guys would like.

Doubt he plays Friday, but he’ll be out there next week.

 

or play it safe and pass on Barkley for Kamara and his unsustainable time share production / Fournette and his well documented chronic ankle condition / Cook and his torn ACL recovery 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He’s literally gone back to working the next day after this “injury” and will be full go next week. There is literally no concern whatsoever within the organization, just handling him with kid gloves as they should 3 weeks before the season.

 

Its a non issue, but continue to freak out if you guys would like.

Doubt he plays Friday, but he’ll be out there next week.

 

or play it safe and pass on Barkley for Kamara and his unsustainable time share production / Fournette and his well documented chronic ankle condition / Cook and his torn ACL recovery 

 

 

 

Barkely could break his leg and  you would try to convince everyone he will be fine week 1. He's a Giant. He is amazing. I get it. 

The reality is that is a very very minor injury and he will be back at practice soon. Full go next week? Not sure about that. Not because it is a serious injury, but because there is no reason to push him in preseason. He is talented enough to miss the rest of camp and be a beast Week 1. He was also very durable at PSU. He had a bad ankle injury two years ago. Taped it up, played at like 80pct and was still a beast. 

But owners still have a right to be somewhat concerned as hammy injuries have a tendency of recurring. He could be fine. Rush for 200 yards week 1 and tweak it again. I am not dropping him down my board, but I don't blame those that are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He’s literally gone back to working the next day after this “injury” and will be full go next week. There is literally no concern whatsoever within the organization, just handling him with kid gloves as they should 3 weeks before the season.

 

Its a non issue, but continue to freak out if you guys would like.

Doubt he plays Friday, but he’ll be out there next week.

 

or play it safe and pass on Barkley for Kamara and his unsustainable time share production / Fournette and his well documented chronic ankle condition / Cook and his torn ACL recovery 

 

 

 

Why would you not take Fournette over Barkley? Anyone who takes Barkley over Fournette is an idiot and destined to lose their league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Barkely could break his leg and  you would try to convince everyone he will be fine week 1. He's a Giant. He is amazing. I get it. 

The reality is that is a very very minor injury and he will be back at practice soon. Full go next week? Not sure about that. Not because it is a serious injury, but because there is no reason to push him in preseason. He is talented enough to miss the rest of camp and be a beast Week 1. He was also very durable at PSU. He had a bad ankle injury two years ago. Taped it up, played at like 80pct and was still a beast. 

But owners still have a right to be somewhat concerned as hammy injuries have a tendency of recurring. He could be fine. Rush for 200 yards week 1 and tweak it again. I am not dropping him down my board, but I don't blame those that are. 

 

If he broke his leg I’d actually be concerned. I only posted to calm some of the crybabies who were spiraling themselves into an ulcer over something the team truly is not concerned about. He is going to return to action next week. He’s already doing position drills and staying after practice to get in reps with WRs. 

 

He also traveled with the team and was literally seen “juggling a football with his legs while standing on the leg with the strain” on the sidelines. Why? Because it’s not that serious. 

 

I knew the homer BS would come, but all I really was trying to do was calm the nerves of the neurotics above. It’s not a serious injury, at all. You can fully expect him to not only practice, but play in the week 3 dress rehearsal.

 

Have a lovely evening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamstring injuries are the worst injuries in football.

 

Sure being out for the season sucks but you drop the player and move on. Often time with a hamstring injury you hold all season, player plays half the games at 50%, leaves a few more after the first drive, is limited in a few more, and the cycle continues.

 

Ugh... Maybe it is just minor though. If the above begins to occur this preseason I’m out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

 

Why would you not take Fournette over Barkley? Anyone who takes Barkley over Fournette is an idiot and destined to lose their league.

 

An idiot? I guess there’s a lot of them out there. He’s going higher than fournette in mock drafts. Hes going to get huge workload and is more versatile back. Guarantee he will catch way more passes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, South Carolina said:

 

Why would you not take Fournette over Barkley? Anyone who takes Barkley over Fournette is an idiot and destined to lose their league.

 

I'll take that into consideration.  However........

 

Image result for baby raising hand gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...