NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

6 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

An idiot? I guess there’s a lot of them out there. He’s going higher than fournette in mock drafts. Hes going to get huge workload and is more versatile back. Guarantee he will catch way more passes. 

A mock draft means nothing to me. I don't win because I listen to some Chic on ESPN, I win because I know how Fantasy Football works and how to build a lineup. Go ahead, take Barkley over Fournette then. I already know what I'm getting with Fournette

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

A mock draft means nothing to me. I don't win because I listen to some Chic on ESPN, I win because I know how Fantasy Football works and how to build a lineup. Go ahead, take Barkley over Fournette then. I already know what I'm getting with Fournette

My issue with fournette is I dont trust the injuries. 

3 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

My issue with fournette is I dont trust the injuries. 

And Barlkley? He's already banged up and hasn't even played an NFC East schedule yet. Running backs are time bombs, they all get hurt sooner or later.

10 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

An idiot? I guess there’s a lot of them out there. He’s going higher than fournette in mock drafts. Hes going to get huge workload and is more versatile back. Guarantee he will catch way more passes. 

ADP is the best aggregation of the crowds wisdom but is terrible at predicting the final fantasy outcome of players particularly wr/rb. Saquon trading ahead of Fournette is not based on actual production data meaning you can look at Fournettes rookie production to forecast his outcome, instead Barkley is drafted ahead of Fournette based on the  PERCEPTION of his future production. Some think the crowds are ususally wrong when it comes to ADP, the trick is to figure out where the crowds are wrong and exploit it.

ADP in the 1st round is really slicing and dicing in my view. if I miss on zeke but i get AB or miss on bell and i get fournette is that truly going to derail my shot at a fantasy title?  NOPE. There is alot more drafting to do, then there is weekly lineup management and daily scouring of the waiver wire and trades to make.  then you have to make the playoffs and go undefeated to the title.

How many of the players on the following list were top 12 ADP?

Top playoff scorers non-QB:

Todd Gurley     
Le'Veon Bell    
Kareem Hunt     
DeAndre Hopkins 
Keelan Cole     
LeSean McCoy    
Melvin Gordon   
Michael Thomas  
Giovani Bernard 
Mark Ingram     
Dion Lewis      
Jordan Howard   

2017 ADP ppr:

David Johnson    
Le'Veon Bell     
Antonio Brown    
Ezekiel Elliott  
Odell Beckham Jr 
Julio Jones      
Jordy Nelson     
Mike Evans       
LeSean McCoy     
A.J. Green       
Michael Thomas   
Devonta Freeman  

He is only out of practice today because it’s essentially a walk through. Doubtful he plays tomorrow night. 

Expect some light work to start next week culminating with a quarter of play during the week 3 dress rehearsal. He is fine. 

Out there in the rain running off to the side of practice. 

13 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I personally don't care about the injury as long as he plays a series in the third preseason game and is ready to go week 1. 

then you may end up caring, because there have been reports he is done with the preseason

1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

I haven't seen any such reports. I'm sure he's fine. I'd want to protect my investment as well. Who cares about preseason? They need him ready week one.

The kid can ball. He shouldn't be playing in anymore preseason games. Just get him 100pct for week1. 

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He is only out of practice today because it’s essentially a walk through. Doubtful he plays tomorrow night. 

Expect some light work to start next week culminating with a quarter of play during the week 3 dress rehearsal. He is fine. 

Out there in the rain running off to the side of practice. 

https://nypost.com/2018/08/16/saquon-barkleys-injury-awakening-i-couldve-done-more/

This should be made clear: The Giants are not being overly cautious with Barkley, who will not play in Friday night’s preseason game against the Lions at Ford Field. Barkley is hurt. Barkley called it a “strain,” the Giants said it is “mild” and coach Pat Shurmur continues to call the hamstring “tweaked.” Whatever the label, he is injured. 

When he gets in another game remains to be seen. It is certainly possible the full extent of Barkley’s work in the preseason will be the five rushing attempts for 43 yards he produced against the Browns, highlighted by a 39-yard burst the first time he touched the ball. 

17 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/16/saquon-barkleys-injury-awakening-i-couldve-done-more/

This should be made clear: The Giants are not being overly cautious with Barkley, who will not play in Friday night’s preseason game against the Lions at Ford Field. Barkley is hurt. Barkley called it a “strain,” the Giants said it is “mild” and coach Pat Shurmur continues to call the hamstring “tweaked.” Whatever the label, he is injured. 

When he gets in another game remains to be seen. It is certainly possible the full extent of Barkley’s work in the preseason will be the five rushing attempts for 43 yards he produced against the Browns, highlighted by a 39-yard burst the first time he touched the ball. 

oh the nypost ...

hes so injured that he didn’t even get treatment after practice. No limp, no wrap, no nothing ...

he’s so injured that the very next day he was out on the field working with trainers and at one point participated in position drills

he’s so injured he traveled to Detroit and his been warming up with teammates everyday in full uniform ... only sitting out to avoid live action / unnecessary risk 

clickbait BS because “Barkley is actually fine” doesn’t quite generate buzz. He would not be out there with the team in the first place if this was anything the team was actually worried about.

He’s fine. See ya next week, Saquon.

16 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

oh the nypost ...

hes so injured that he didn’t even get treatment after practice. No limp, no wrap, no nothing ...

he’s so injured that the very next day he was out on the field working with trainers and at one point participated in position drills

he’s so injured he traveled to Detroit and his been warming up with teammates everyday in full uniform ... only sitting out to avoid live action / unnecessary risk 

clickbait BS because “Barkley is actually fine” doesn’t quite generate buzz. He would not be out there with the team in the first place if this was anything the team was actually worried about.

He's not practicing. So he's not fine right now. 

But he should be more than ready in 3 weeks. 

15 hours ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Well I was planning on drafting Barkley until I read that fact.

Well it is a fact. Doesn't mean it's a guarantee he'll be injury prone, but there's a greater likelihood. The muscle mass in his legs is disproportionate to the rest of his body, I would not be surprised in the least to have hamstring issues come up with him fairly often.

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Well it is a fact. Doesn't mean it's a guarantee he'll be injury prone, but there's a greater likelihood. the muscle mass in his legs is disproportionate to the rest of his body, I would not be surprised in the least to have hamstring issues come up with him fairly often.

Doesn't almost every RB have muscle mass in legs disproportionate to the rest of the body?

Just now, Chardo said:

Doesn't almost every RB have muscle mass in legs disproportionate to the rest of the body?

No I wouldn't say that. But some of the best have, yes. Walter, Emmitt, Barry, Saquon. ;)

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

oh the nypost ...

This... lol at anyone using the NY Post as a source...it's 2018 guys... you should know better 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook
  1. Saquon working on the side but he may be doing more than some of the guys who are actually practicing so far. A lot of short sprints, change of direction, catching footballs.

42m
    •  
    •  
    •  

If Barkley isn’t practicing that week. My sense is #Giants just using an abundance of caution, they were already limiting his workload the second week of camp. No need to risk damaging the high-priced bell cow in practice ...

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Seeing this guy go in the top 4 waaaaay too much lately

I would take him at 5/6 over AB. But he should not be grabbed before Bell, Johnson, Gurley and Zeke. I would take him before Kamara, Hunt, Cook. Would probably take Fournette over him though.   

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I would take him at 5/6 over AB. But he should not be grabbed before Bell, Johnson, Gurley and Zeke. I would take him before Kamara, Hunt, Cook. Would probably take Fournette over him though.   

Yeah I’ve seen him go right before DJ which is completely insane to me. DJ is basically the player you’re hoping Barkley can become.

• phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived