NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

10 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Yeah I’ve seen him go right before DJ which is completely insane to me. DJ is basically the player you’re hoping Barkley can become.

probably more of an outlook on the team, do u want the workhorse for the Cards or the workhorse for the Giants

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Yeah I’ve seen him go right before DJ which is completely insane to me. DJ is basically the player you’re hoping Barkley can become.

I don't see it that way.  You can't expect anything near Johnson's 2016 season so what are you actually hoping for?  A volume based season and a good amount of catches?

Barkley is guaranteed the same thing David Johnson is except he could actually be better at it, he's in the better offense, has a better offensive line.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

I don't see it that way.  You can't expect anything near Johnson's 2016 season so what are you actually hoping for?  A volume based season and a good amount of catches?

Barkley is guaranteed the same thing David Johnson is except he could actually be better at it, he's in the better offense, has a better offensive line.

No... their lines and offenses are both similarly bad... and there's no reason for Johnson to be "nowhere near" his 2016... he's good at football and coming off a freak injury... his situation is akin to the one he was in in 2016...

1 minute ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

No... their lines and offenses are both similarly bad... and there's no reason for Johnson to be "nowhere near" his 2016... he's good at football and coming off a freak injury... his situation is akin to the one he was in in 2016...

Somebody didn't pay attention to the offseason.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

probably more of an outlook on the team, do u want the workhorse for the Cards or the workhorse for the Giants

5 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Arizona PPG = 18.4 / 24th

NYG PPG = 15.4 / 31st

gimme DJ ever single time

7 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Arizona PPG = 18.4 / 24th

NYG PPG = 15.4 / 31st

gimme DJ ever single time

no OBJ. 

no Shepard for a stretch. 

McAdoooo mutiny

horrible o-line (judiciously adressed this off season).

Darkwa/Gallman/Vereen/Jennings.

need we say more?

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no OBJ. 

McAdoooo mutiny

need we say more?

Who was the QB for the Cards last year? 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no OBJ. 

McAdoooo mutiny

need we say more?

They do still have Eli Manning tho. Can't spell elite without the Eli.

You're off your rocker if you're picking Barkley over DJ.

DJ has looked just as good as he did in '16

2 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

I love Barkley and I think he’s going to be awesome this year. With that said I’d go with DJ over him. But I certainly don’t think anyone is crazy for taking Barkley. I wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes #1 overall 

I would. When is the last time the NYG have had a fantasy relevant RB? And we’re expecting them to churn out RB1 overall because of some rookie? Hard pass

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yeah but DJ is back! :D

fair enough, i love 'em both ... would gladly anchor any magick foosball squad with either. 

itsaprotip - i just love Barkley more.   

YMMV, natch. 

Saquon over DJ is indeed crazy.  Saquon looks like a great player and could be a great player but DJ has already proven it against NFL competition.

I'll put it this way - say DJ is actually not as good as his 2016 and his 2018 production is 75% of what he did then.  That is still 1600 total yards and 15 td's!  That is a massive year for a RB and would be considered a down year for DJ.  Are you really willing to bet that Saquon is going to top a player of that calibre based on...I dunno...the eye test and his combine scores?

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

Mind boggling how stupid and uneducated these posts are...

Let's see since last year the Giants have added Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Nate Solder, Will Hernandez, and Patrick Omameh.

The Cardinals have replaced Carson Palmer with Sam Bradford and a rookie QB.  They get Johnson back behind possibly the worst offensive line in the league.  But hey they added Andre Smith who graded as the 67th best tackle last year!

Sounds like it evens out to me. Especially since at this point Bradford (if he can stay healthy) is likely a better QB than Cheesecake. 

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Mind boggling how stupid and uneducated these posts are...

Let's see since last year the Giants have added Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Nate Solder, Will Hernandez, and Patrick Omameh.

The Cardinals have replaced Carson Palmer with Sam Bradford and a rookie QB.  They get Johnson back behind possibly the worst offensive line in the league.  But hey they added Andre Smith who graded as the 67th best tackle last year!

The Giants line is garbage. Picking up a geriatric LT isn’t going to fix everything over night

Just now, lolcopter said:

The Giants line is garbage. Picking up a geriatric LT isn’t going to fix everything over night

An entirely new starting front 5 with a legit LT who is nowhere near “geriatric” and actually graded as one of the best RUN BLOCKING tackles in the league ... and then they drafted Will Hernandez, one of the best run blocking guards to come out in years. Right side will be mediocre at best, but this unit is nowhere near as poor as last year 

6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I'll put it this way - say DJ is actually not as good as his 2016 and his 2018 production is 75% of what he did then.  That is still 1600 total yards and 15 td's!  That is a massive year for a RB and would be considered a down year for DJ.  Are you really willing to bet that Saquon is going to top a player of that calibre based on...I dunno...the eye test and his combine scores?

If you're expecting 15 TD's from DJ you're about to be severely disappointed.

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

If you're expecting 15 TD's from DJ you're about to be severely disappointed.

I think the point is that he has done it before so it is realistic that he could do it again. 

Whereas we know nothing of Barkley since he hasn't played an official down in an NFL game yet (preseason does not count).

• phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Archived