NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

tootallball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellichick loves to get him some RBs and WRs that have been discarded by other teams, instead of wasting draft picks on them - yes, Ralph Webb is much more the typical kind of Pats RB. In the past 10 years, almost all draft picks have been line men or defensive players; to spend a first round pick on an RB that nobody's sure about is unheard of. Bellichick has some special plans with this kid and I'm not sure we can even guess - maybe he wants to use him as a CB?

Voch Lombardi seems to like "Sony PlayStation Michel Obama": 

Edit: I found this great quote on Michel which actually makes sense: "Michel can make it hard on defenses to decipher what the offense is doing because he'll be dangerous between the tackles, but also as a receiver."

Yes, that sounds like Bellichick.

19 minutes ago, TPowell said:

I'll be incredibly shocked if Michel doesn't get his this season barring injury/fumbles. On the flip side, I think Burkhead is a solid value as well. 

The fumble concerns are very real. BB will have none of that.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

The fumble concerns are very real. BB will have none of that.

True, that is why I feel better with Burkhead later in drafts but Michel has that possibility of being a top 5 back if he usurps Burkhead at the GL and cuts into White's 3rd down role catching passes IMO. I don't think it is very likely but its possible. 

5 minutes ago, TPowell said:

True, that is why I feel better with Burkhead later in drafts but Michel has that possibility of being a top 5 back if he usurps Burkhead at the GL and cuts into White's 3rd down role catching passes IMO. I don't think it is very likely but its possible. 

Yeah def possible. He is going to high for my tastes; but as a Pats and Georgia fan, hope you are right

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

He'll have a longer leash than most think.

Slightly longer than previous Pats backs not picked as high, sure. But he had one of the worst fumble rates in CFB last year. 

I hope he fumbles zero times, just saying it is something one has to consider

8 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

I think his ceiling is top 3 if he gets most of the goalline work.

I have a strong feeling based on beat reports and analyst takes that Rex is going to get the goal line work.

That said... if Rex gets injured or Michel takes it over at any point in the season........ then Michel has top 3 upside from that point forward.

15 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I have a strong feeling based on beat reports and analyst takes that Rex is going to get the goal line work.

That said... if Rex gets injured or Michel takes it over at any point in the season........ then Michel has top 3 upside from that point forward.

Aside from saquon, Sony "PlayStation" Michel and guice have league winning upside. I suspect after preseason both these backs will be solid rd3 picks.

1 minute ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I suspect after preseason both these backs will be solid rd3 picks

I suspect after last season, people may overpay for rookie RBs, which might then create opportunities for value picks.

It'll be very interesting to try and separate the hype from the hits.

32 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I suspect after last season, people may overpay for rookie RBs, which might then create opportunities for value picks.

It'll be very interesting to try and separate the hype from the hits.

Overpay as in penny & rojo... absolutely.

Guice & PlayStation are the real deal.

10 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

I think his ceiling is top 3 if he gets most of the goalline work.

Top 3 running backs on the Patriots?

I feel like people are underselling Michel's upside in 2018. Let's all remember that New England ranked 11th in rush attempts last season 6th in rushing TD's. They lost coach's most reliable back who totaled over 200 touches and 9 TD's last season. This guy has legitimate 230 carry and 40 reception upside. I wouldn't put 1300 yards and double digit scores out of the question. His ADP is RB25 and I don't think there's a guy in the 18-24 range that I would rather have. 

Archived