Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

BOLD PREDICTIONS 2018 SEASON


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That time of year, folks. Bold Predictions Year in Review There's tons of predictions, can't get 'em all.  Generally gonna avoid if it's more Real than Fantasy NFL.     Winner

If CLE is close to getting a wildcard spot, it's because Hue was fired early in the season.  

These topics are always fun to look back on to see just how wrong you were. Mine were pretty funny in hindsight last year. I'll give it another go for this year...     Arizona Cardinals

On 8/20/2018 at 10:31 PM, CORTEz said:

Always one of my favorite threads going into the season...

 

1. David Johnson posts 1,000 receiving yards in his return, mostly due to Bradford/Rosen throwing screen passes to him.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, w/ Deshaun Watson healthy for 16 games, posts an upsurd 120-1,600-14 TD line.

3. Deshaun Watson plays all 16 games, throws for nearly 5,000 yards, rushes for over 500 yards, and ends with a 38:15 TD/INT ratio.

4. Allen Robinson is a BUST at ADP 43, failing to reach 65 receptions and posting a mediocre 700 receiving yards with under 5 TDs.

5. Josh Gordon returns, plays every game except Week 1. EOY stats are marginal at best with Landry and Hyde there.

6. Kenyan Drake fails to rush for more than 600 yards, opponents focus on him now that he's the only offensive "weapon" on MIA's horrible offense.

7. Devonta Freeman once again falls prey to Sarkesian's offensive woes, posting only 800 rushing yards.

8. Greg Olsen fails to play more than 10 games for the 2nd straight season, finishes with less than 500 receiving yards and retires at years end.

9. Chris Hogan finishes with 70+ catches and 1,000 receiving yards for the first time in his career.

10. Jimmy Graham posts 80 catches and 1,000 receiving yards for the first time in 4 years.

11. Randall Cobb, not DaVante Adams, finishes as GB's leading receiver due to Adams Concussion History.

12. Tarik Cohen catches 65+ balls, ends with over 600 receiving yards. Only rushes for 200 yards.

 

On 12/27/2018 at 9:34 PM, Lord_Varys said:

That time of year, folks.

Bold Predictions Year in Review

There's tons of predictions, can't get 'em all.  Generally gonna avoid if it's more Real than Fantasy NFL.

 

 

I felt pretty happy about a few of my projections. and glad you called out my Allen Robinson one...I thought my DeAndre Hopkins one should've made it in the "Winner's Thread" hahah.

 

2. DeAndre Hopkins, w/ Deshaun Watson healthy for 16 games, posts an upsurd 120-1,600-14 TD line

- he ended with 115-1572-11.....that's PRETTY darn close for a STAT projection...5 catches, 28 yards and 3 TDs off...

 

4. Allen Robinson is a BUST at ADP 43, failing to reach 65 receptions and posting a mediocre 700 receiving yards with under 5 TDs.

- he ended with 55-754-3....not too shabby...

 

6. Kenyan Drake fails to rush for more than 600 yards, opponents focus on him now that he's the only offensive "weapon" on MIA's horrible offense.

- He finished with 535...I'll take that prediction win :D

 

7. Devonta Freeman once again falls prey to Sarkesian's offensive woes, posting only 800 rushing yards

- who knows how this would've ended up, but seeing as how bad the offense was this season....wouldn't have been surprised if this came true.

 

8. Greg Olsen fails to play more than 10 games for the 2nd straight season, finishes with less than 500 receiving yards and retires at years end.

- This came true....9 games played and only 291 receiving yards...

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

 

 

 

I felt pretty happy about a few of my projections. and glad you called out my Allen Robinson one...I thought my DeAndre Hopkins one should've made it in the "Winner's Thread" hahah.

 

2. DeAndre Hopkins, w/ Deshaun Watson healthy for 16 games, posts an upsurd 120-1,600-14 TD line

- he ended with 115-1572-11.....that's PRETTY darn close for a STAT projection...5 catches, 28 yards and 3 TDs off...

 

4. Allen Robinson is a BUST at ADP 43, failing to reach 65 receptions and posting a mediocre 700 receiving yards with under 5 TDs.

- he ended with 55-754-3....not too shabby...

 

6. Kenyan Drake fails to rush for more than 600 yards, opponents focus on him now that he's the only offensive "weapon" on MIA's horrible offense.

- He finished with 535...I'll take that prediction win :D

 

7. Devonta Freeman once again falls prey to Sarkesian's offensive woes, posting only 800 rushing yards

- who knows how this would've ended up, but seeing as how bad the offense was this season....wouldn't have been surprised if this came true.

 

8. Greg Olsen fails to play more than 10 games for the 2nd straight season, finishes with less than 500 receiving yards and retires at years end.

- This came true....9 games played and only 291 receiving yards...

 

Damn man good work. I weed thru so much s--- sometimes I miss the gold. Cheers! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 3:21 PM, ajs723 said:

One for each team:

 

Cowboys - Allen Hurns leads the team in receiving yards. 

NY Giants  - Eli Manning is no longer the starter by week 8. 

Eagles - Mack Hollins finds a way to score at least a half a dozen TDs this season.

Washington - Chris Thompson scores more PPR points than Guice.

 

Bills - McCoy plays in fewer than 8 games this season. 

Dolphins - Kenyan Drake leads the AFC in rushing yards.

Patriots - Chris Hogan leads the team in receptions and receiving yards. 

Jets - Trenton Cannon is a name you know by the end of the year. 

 

Bears - Tarik Cohen finishes the year as a top 12 PPR RB.

Detroit - Kerryon Johnson is a consistent high end RB2. 

Green Bay - Jamaal Williams is a top ten RB in any format. 

Minnesota - Diggs has a breakout year. Leads the team in all receiving categories. 

 

Falcons - Calvin Ridley: 50 Receptions, 750 yards, 7 TDs.

Panthers - Christian McCaffrey finishes under 700 rushing yards. --NOPE--

New Orleans - Cameron Meredith leads the Saints in TD receptions. 

Tampa - Cameron Brate has a ridiculous 12 TDs on only 51 receptions.

 

Cardinals - David Johnson dominates for 2,253 all purpose yards and 22 TDs.  --NOPE--

Rams - Cooper Kupp leads all receivers with 13 receiving TDs. --on pace--

Niners - A RBBC forms. McKinnon finishes outside of the top 15 RBs in PPR. 

Seahawks - CJ Prosise stays healthy and plays a role in all 16 games.

 

Ravens - Willie Snead leads the team in receptions. 

Bengals - John Ross finishes with 825 yards and 6 TDs. 

Browns - Corey Coleman finishes with more receiving yards than Josh Gordon. 

Steelers - Mason Rudolph is forced to make starts and plays competent football. 

 

Texans - D'onta Foreman becomes the starting RB (is that bold enough?).... Fuller and Hopkins each score a dozen TDS. 

Colts - Andrew Luck throws for just under 5000 and over 40 TDs. Wins MVP. --close--

Jags - Westbrook leads the team in receiving yards and receiving TDs. 

Titans - Corey Davis finishes with just 49 catches for 600 yards and 1 TD.

 

Broncos - Keenum puts up consistent QB1 numbers. 

Cheifs - Mahomes is BAD. All offensive players suffer.  --NOPE--

Chargers - Ekeler and Jackson cut into Gordon's workload. Gordon finishes with just 885 rushing yards, 5 TDS, and 32 receptions. --NOPE--  

Raiders - Derek Carr throws fewer than 20 TDs. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

 

In fairness, I rescinded that Chiefs one shortly thereafter. But that was still pretty funny. 

 

Also, Mccoy was bad, so that was close. Diggs had a breakout year, even though Thielen was good. Cannon had a role, even if he wasn't quite fantasy relevant. The yardage was off, but John Ross actually went over 6 TDs. I was right about the Niners backfield, even if it was largely do to injuries. 

 

There are about 10 of those predictions that were either correct or pretty darn close. Not bad for BOLD predictions.

Edited by ajs723
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, The G Man said:

 

Dayum dude. And, from a Fins fan to boot.

 

How much did you win?

Only $180 from a $20 bet.  My parents go down to vegas every year and ask who we want, to an extent it's homer picks, we get my moms raven, bros packers, dad took saints this year(sister in laws team), guessing he took that team, but I  didn't question it, but he runs the tickets and wasn't happy about the non call, I took the pats, has nothing to do with being loyal to a logo,  with a fan of an afc east team, u get a front row seat to see how damn good the pats are and realize u are a fool to take a big bet against them in this era, love my fins, but respect the Brady belichek era.

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as one of our team hits, we just go out as a fam and eat some nice dinner together

 

the forums may just think...keep the money and eat out, but don't supersize it

 

whats the fun in that?  It's entertainment, the pats were chalk, but in the last few years, my pats ticket has been the only winner, it's my one time I get to find my inner Jamie's Winston without stealing the crablegs 

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Looking at ur post again, I assume u think I bet $180, was only$20, paid $180 haha, less about the money, more about finding my inner romo-stradamus

Geesh, I am trying to make sense of this. Isn't it good enough you rape us of our dc with 15 years of service? And he will probably get a few assistants...

 

It happens every year. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My bold prediction... PATS win afc east, media ridicules the team, pats get into playoffs, they make superbowl.... and it is another coin flip. Actually Pats have reloaded... Which if you actually follow the team you would know.  :)

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

My bold prediction... PATS win afc east, media ridicules the team, pats get into playoffs, they make superbowl.... and it is another coin flip. Actually Pats have reloaded... Which if you actually follow the team you would know.  :)

pats will need a dominate WR1 when Gronk retires. Gordon cant be trusted to last the year. What top recievers are FA this year? they need one! and yes Edleman is awesome....but they need an Outside the numbers option. Chris Hogan aint cuttin it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Only $180 from a $20 bet.  My parents go down to vegas every year and ask who we want, to an extent it's homer picks, we get my moms raven, bros packers, dad took saints this year(sister in laws team), guessing he took that team, but I  didn't question it, but he runs the tickets and wasn't happy about the non call, I took the pats, has nothing to do with being loyal to a logo,  with a fan of an afc east team, u get a front row seat to see how damn good the pats are and realize u are a fool to take a big bet against them in this era, love my fins, but respect the Brady belichek era.

 

That’s an interesting family breakdown of rooting interests!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...