NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

On 10/4/2018 at 1:49 AM, Deadpool said:

The staff has already forgotten about him.

5 carries for 35 yards, still more touches than chubb so while its low it doesnt look like they forgotten.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

The rest of your league thanks you for wasting a roster spot on this guy

No one said start him this weekend. In smaller leagues he's a watch to pick up later, for larger leagues he's a bench stash.  Chubb has talent and put up Herschel Walker type numbers at Georgia. He'll definitely get more run later in the season.

4 minutes ago, No1Statistican said:

I'm sticking with this bench stash regardless. If Hyde comes out of the game even for a minor injury, which was a 59.1% chance this year based on sports injury predictor Chubb would show his dominance and they would never look back like Mayfield replacing Tyrod.

You're dreaming.  Far more likely Chubb gets blown up in pass pro or gets stuffed behind this garbage OL than he "shows his dominance" based on everything we've seen so far, not including 2 fluky plays last week.

People coming in here acting like they weren't predicting Chubb to eat into Hyde's carries en-route to Chubbs eventual takeover.  The ONLY way Chubb gets backfield duties handed to him this year is a Hyde injury, that's the bottom line.

As I predicted, Chubb would be back to his 3-5 carries this week and Hyde continued to grind positive yards out against one of the best run stopping DL in football.  Carry on all ye Chubb fanatics.

If Hyde and his sub 4 ypc are so wonderful, why are you here putting down Chubb?

Perhaps you believe the Cleveland coaching staff hangs out here and you can persuade them to keep Chubb on the bench?

5 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

If Hyde and his sub 4 ypc are so wonderful, why are you here putting down Chubb?

Perhaps you believe the Cleveland coaching staff hangs out here and you can persuade them to keep Chubb on the bench?

If stating the facts about the situation is putting down Chubb then sorry, not sorry.

Trying to provide a balanced view for those who continue hyping Chubb.

Yall can opine all you want about "Chubb needs more carries, he's so EXPLOSIVE!" or "but HYDE YPC!!!" or "HUE said CHUBB GOOD" but the fact is you're just blowing hot air. 

This thread should not be bumped until Hyde leaves a game with an injury.  

27 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Lol talk about the shortest conversation ever. If you guys wanna hitch your wagon to Hue Jackson making optimal decisions, you’re gonna have a bad time

Hyde is a talented RB in his prime (5th year). He was a legitimate prospect coming out of Ohio State and was great in college. But I'm sure Chubb should be playing more at Hyde's expense, despite Hyde looking great this season.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Hyde is a talented RB in his prime (5th year). He was a legitimate prospect coming out of Ohio State and was great in college. But I'm sure Chubb should be playing more at Hyde's expense, despite Hyde looking great this season.

B-b-but yards per carry!!

1 minute ago, Red Dog said:

So you believe that Chubb's workload in early October will be the same through out the season? 

I don't.

Heard this last week too

1 minute ago, FooserX said:

Ravens are a top RB defense, no?

This dude is a startable RB2 most weeks, I think. 

You mean Hyde? Yeah I agree

Just now, lolcopter said:

Heard this last week too

You mean Hyde? Yeah I agree

Yeah, that was a typo on my part.

Hyde is the main back here...and he's not as slow and "between the tackles" as some people here are saying. He's got a good burst too. Chubb might be the future, so if you have room on your bench for a lotto ticket...good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Mein Fuhrer, evidently believes we should all burn our draft guides, forget about the combine, collegiate history, and forgo any speculation on the Cleveland backfield because he believes Chubb will continue to receive 3 carries a game throughout the rest of the season.

That simply is a terrible take unless you're playing in a small league where it's possible to wait on a guy like Chubb.

Aren't you doing the exact same thing to Hyde? Hyde was the best available FA RB and signed with Cleveland this season.

Just now, Red Dog said:

I heard the same thing when I rostered Jeremy Hill and David Johnson as rookies, and Alex Collins last season.  All three worked out well for the stretch run.

Wow three scenarios that lack an established RB1 ahead of them, great comparison

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

Aren't you doing the exact same thing to Hyde? Hyde was the best available FA RB and signed with Cleveland this season.

I'mean not in the Hyde thread giving bad advice.

Archived