NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Just now, lolcopter said:

Wow three scenarios that lack an established RB1 ahead of them, great comparison

All three had very limited use through the first 8 weeks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Red Dog said:

They didn’t have a top 5 volume back in front of them either. Advising people to roster a back averaging less than 4 touches per game is bad advice no matter how you slice it.

Just now, Red Dog said:

And none of them had an established, just signed this offseason, RB ahead of them. Not all 2nd round rookie RB's return value their rookie season.

I advised people that he is a wait and pick up later in small leagues and a bench stash in larger leagues.

All the Hyde owners are saying he's trash because he only gets three carries.  I'm not the one who is going to the Hyde thread saying he's trash because he averages < 4 ypc, and the Chubb thread should be dormant until Hyde has an injury.

7 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Mein Fuhrer, evidently believes we should all burn our draft guides, forget about the combine, collegiate history, and forgo any speculation on the Cleveland backfield because he believes Chubb will continue to receive 3 carries a game throughout the rest of the season.

That simply is a terrible take unless you're playing in a small league where it's possible to wait on a guy like Chubb.

Maybe Chubb earned some more touches after his 3 carries for no yard and 1 uncaught target this week?

Chubb will not be a fantasy relevant player unless Hyde goes down.  It's comical you think it's a "terrible take" if anyone thinks otherwise.

No one is saying to drop Chubb if you have a big bench and can sit on guys with no value outside of injury.  If you like rostering pure handcuffs that's your right.

3 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I advised people that he is a wait and pick up later in small leagues and a bench stash in larger leagues.

All the Hyde owners are saying he's trash because he only gets three carries.  I'm not the one who is going to the Hyde thread saying he's trash because he averages < 4 ypc, and the Chubb thread should be dormant until Hyde has an injury.

Because you would get laughed out of the thread. This backfield is Hyde’s and it’s not even close. Your only hope is to wish for an injury, and even then the guy you’d want is Duke Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Ignoring the rest since I don't own any part of the Cleveland backfield and am simply being objective here. In this case Chubb is one of 20+ RBs around the league that fit this criteria. He is 3rd string and a rookie RB. Requiring an injury to the starter to have fantasy relevance. Even then Duke would likely get a bigger role and Chubb wouldn't take over Hyde's role completely himself. They wouldn't trust a rookie RB in that bellcow role when they have a reliable RB like Duke around.

I can see stashing him in dynasty/keeper in deeper leagues, but not in anything else until further notice. There are much more attractive backfields and offenses I'd rather stash a RB from.

13 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Any RB who averages < 4 ypc doesn't have job security for an entire season in the NFL, especially with a stud rookie on the bench.

One part you are missing is the GM Dorsey made a public statement that he signed Hyde, chubb and Duke because he BELIEVES in a rbbc. . . so it's up to the coaches to implements that philosophy into their game planning. So far hyde is the primary and the roles of duke and chubb are slightly increasing

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

One part you are missing is the GM Dorsey made a public statement that he signed Hyde, chubb and Duke because he BELIEVES in a rbbc. . . so it's up to the coaches to implements that philosophy into their game planning. So far hyde is the primary and the roles of duke and chubb are slightly increasing

No they aren't.

1 hour ago, No1Statistican said:

People's bias with Hyde continue to cloud their judgment. They will go with a switch at RB eventually if Hyde continues to struggle. Hyde is also a high injury risk.

Didn't Hyde play all 16 games last year?

People's bias with Hyde continue to cloud their judgment. They will go with a switch at RB eventually if Hyde continues to struggle. Hyde is also a high injury risk.

Username does not check out

What is it with this notion that he is a high injury risk?  He played the entire season last year, and has played two seasons without any issues involving his 2015 ankle fracture.  I own Chubb, and I think he is talented, but I just don't see Hyde being anymore likely to get injured than any other running back.

So close to dropping chubb as a lottery ticket for Ron jones.

Short of a hyde injury or trade to rb desperate San fran i don't see how Chubb gets a path to being the primary rb on the Browns.

Everything points to a rbbc for the season.

Not feeling it for Ronald Jones since he's not part of Tampa's passing game, and he averaged 2.9 ypc the same as Barber in his last game.  With Tampa's poor defense I think they also continue to abandon the run because of falling behind.

2 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Not feeling it for Ronald Jones since he'said not part of Tampa'so passing game, and he averaged 2.9 ypc the same as barber in his last game.  With Tampa's poor defense I think they continue to abandon the run because of falling behind.

yeah against the bears....even if it would be a committee in clevland i think the roles would be chubb main back and duke at the role he has now. Chubb is a 2nd round pick...they will play him

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So close to dropping chubb as a lottery ticket for Ron jones.

Short of a hyde injury or trade to rb desperate San fran i don't see how Chubb gets a path to being the primary rb on the Browns.

Everything points to a rbbc for the season.

Safe move in non keeper leagues

11 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Hyde has played more than 14 games only once in his career, averaging 4.5 games miseed from 2014-2016. 

He broke his foot mid-season in 2015, and you are going to take those missed games and average it into a per season basis?  That isn't great statistics.  It is far more important that he carried the ball 240 times last year without any recurring issues with his previous injuries.  There are a ton of RBs that play 14 games out of 16, it is a volatile position.  The injury risk just seems overblown vs any other starting RB seeing volume.

7 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Not feeling it for Ronald Jones since he's not part of Tampa's passing game, and he averaged 2.9 ypc the same as Barber in his last game.  With Tampa's poor defense I think they also continue to abandon the run because of falling behind.

Jones 1st game against bears 10 carries 2 targets against the bears vs barber 7 carries 2 targets. Not much but at least it's a data point to build off of vs the coach speak of the Browns

On 10/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, lolcopter said:

They didn’t have a top 5 volume back in front of them either. Advising people to roster a back averaging less than 4 touches per game is bad advice no matter how you slice it.

What if you have Hyde, would cuffing Chubb be a bad idea, i think it would be great if someone had the space 

5 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

What if you have Hyde, would cuffing Chubb be a bad idea, i think it would be great if someone had the space 

in 12+ team redraft leagues with an available bench spot it seems like a prudent move

keepers/dynasty he’s an obvious hold

Archived