NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, why would Hue sit Hyde, a depenadavle, although not sexy player, on the bench for Chubb?  I’m pretty sure Hyde is a much better pass blocker too. Maybe next year, but why would the coach make the move to go against Hyde-Duke tandem? 

Do you really think Chubb-Duke is the way to go?

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Honestly, why would Hue sit Hyde, a depenadavle, although not sexy player, on the bench for Chubb?  I’m pretty sure Hyde is a much better pass blocker too. Maybe next year, but why would the coach make the move to go against Hyde-Duke tandem? 

Chubb is averaging over 10 yards per carry so yeah I think I'd roll with him 

5 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

He doesn't need to get hyde completely out of the picture, but I think Chubb deserves more than 3 carries a game.

Maybe a 60/40 split and take it from there.  Hyde maybe dependable, but hes not really doing anything special either.

2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

He doesn't need to get hyde completely out of the picture, but I think Chubb deserves more than 3 carries a game.

Maybe a 60/40 split and take it from there.  Hyde maybe dependable, but hes not really doing anything special either.

So, would you honestly start Chubb with, let’s say, 8-10 carries (not passes, rushes)?  You figure Duke Johnson is the best at catching.

Chubb and Hyde need to split carries at least 50/50 already. At least give him 40% of the work Hue! Hyde just has no juice compared to this kid.

Keep using Duke as a receiving back. Talent wins out, and Chubb's time needs to come.

Give him the damn ball! Don't just keep saying he needs more work Hue...

Archived