NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

For reference, I have already been offered G. Olsen + M. Jones for Chubb

I’d love to trade him as I already have Kamara and James white (half pt ppr, also csb to me) but the people in my league are of the mindset “you got him off of waivers this week so I’m not giving anything of value for him”.  I DO think he’s going to be a top 15 back ROS.  His highlights look awesome.

2 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

I’d love to trade him as I already have Kamara and James white (half pt ppr, also csb to me) but the people in my league are of the mindset “you got him off of waivers this week so I’m not giving anything of value for him”.  I DO think he’s going to be a top 15 back ROS.  His highlights look awesome.

So you have Kamara too? Your team name from this day forward shall be Chumara.

5 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

7 running backs were drafted in the first 2 rounds of the last draft. How’s that considered to be devalued?

Go look at the current contracts in the NFL and compare WR to RB. Bell was slated to be the highest paid RB in the NFL this year but his contract would have only put him at #9 if he was a WR. There are only 3 RBs slated to make over 10 million this year (Bell, Gurley, and DJ) while there are 22 WRs slated to make over 10 million. Compared to other positions the RB position has been devalued and that shows through in players contracts.

Even if Chubb didn’t injure his knee are you implying or hinting that he was so much more superior and talented compared to Michel to not share the backfield?

They were going to share the backfield no matter what because even guys like Todd Gurley were in timeshares at Georgia. I do believe Chubb is a superior talent to Michel.

Oh and that knee injury that you proclaim to be a reason for him falling in the draft... it happened 6 games into his sophomore year. He came back and had an excellent junior year. Many scouts, analysts and Bulldog fans were surprised he came back for his senior year. He tore it up again his senior year. So as bad as that injury was why would you even bring that up? Its irrelevant like you said and It’s not a valid reason as to why he fell. 

If he didn't injure his knee, I believe he would have dominated the backfield snaps/touches his sophomore and junior year more than he did. Several scouts also didn't think he looked quite the same his junior year and I believe that opinion spilled over into his senior year. While he was still the lead back after he came back he wasn't utilized in the same manner he was as a freshman, mainly in the passing game. I contend the difference between Chubb and the backs taken ahead of him in the draft is the utilization in the passing game. Except for Penny, I have no idea why the Seahawks made him a 1st round pick.

Speaking of falling... he was the 4th RB off the board. Exactly where pretty much all mock drafts, pre draft rankings, scouts, analysts had him. Some had him as high as number 3 ....most had him right at 4 and some at 5 or 6. 

Le'Veon Bell was rated as high as the #4 rated RB in 2013 and in some rankings he wasn't even considered a top 10 RB. Bell was also compared to LeGarrette Blount by some analysts so taking predraft analysis as gospel is short sighted. "Experts" get things wrong all the time and it's far from an exact science. 

You mention his lack of involvement in the passing game being a reason why he was drafted after Michel. That’s some funny stuff. Unless you really believe the 5 more catches that Michel had during their finals year was a major deciding factor. If NE thought Chubb was better and wanted him they would’ve obviously taken him instead of Michel. 

He wasn't as involved in the passing game as Michel and catches aren't everything. Michel was highly regarded in pass protection coming out of college where Chubb wasn't often utilized.

So the made up excuses/bogus reasons to fit your agenda are why Chubb wasn’t a serious consideration to be picked ahead of Barkley?

I think Chubb is a special player, his production and athletic profile back that up. I think he would have had Leonard Fournette type hype coming out of college had that injury not happened. Being a top 10 pick in the NFL draft as a RB is a multi year campaign. When you consider his injury his sophomore year, then several scouts saying he didn't quite look the same upon his return, and his under utilization in the passing game when the NFL is a passing league, I believe that's why he wasn't taken earlier in the draft. I'm not sure why you're taking things so personally?

You get offended and shoot down any mention of posters in different player threads when they mention rookie X or player Y has a chance to be like stud player Z yet you’re so confident Chubb can be Elite like Barkley. 

See you have to stop taking things so personally. It's an internet forum where people post their opinions and clearly I have a contrarian opinion to many on Chubb. I'm not sure why you're attempting to drag another players outlook thread into this one. 

20 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Go look at the current contracts in the NFL and compare WR to RB. Bell was slated to be the highest paid RB in the NFL this year but his contract would have only put him at #9 if he was a WR. There are only 3 RBs slated to make over 10 million this year (Bell, Gurley, and DJ) while there are 22 WRs slated to make over 10 million. Compared to other positions the RB position has been devalued and that shows through in players contracts.

They were going to share the backfield no matter what because even guys like Todd Gurley were in timeshares at Georgia. I do believe Chubb is a superior talent to Michel.

If he didn't injure his knee, I believe he would have dominated the backfield snaps/touches his sophomore and junior year more than he did. Several scouts also didn't think he looked quite the same his junior year and I believe that opinion spilled over into his senior year. While he was still the lead back after he came back he wasn't utilized in the same manner he was as a freshman, mainly in the passing game. I contend the difference between Chubb and the backs taken ahead of him in the draft is the utilization in the passing game. Except for Penny, I have no idea why the Seahawks made him a 1st round pick.

Le'Veon Bell was rated as high as the #4 rated RB in 2013 and in some rankings he wasn't even considered a top 10 RB. Bell was also compared to LeGarrette Blount by some analysts so taking predraft analysis as gospel is short sighted. "Experts" get things wrong all the time and it's far from an exact science. 

He wasn't as involved in the passing game as Michel and catches aren't everything. Michel was highly regarded in pass protection coming out of college where Chubb wasn't often utilized.

I think Chubb is a special player, his production and athletic profile back that up. I think he would have had Leonard Fournette type hype coming out of college had that injury not happened. Being a top 10 pick in the NFL draft as a RB is a multi year campaign. When you consider his injury his sophomore year, then several scouts saying he didn't quite look the same upon his return, and his under utilization in the passing game when the NFL is a passing league, I believe that's why he wasn't taken earlier in the draft. I'm not sure why you're taking things so personally?

See you have to stop taking things so personally. It's an internet forum where people post their opinions and clearly I have a contrarian opinion to many on Chubb. I'm not sure why you're attempting to drag another players outlook thread into this one. 

TLDR

1 hour ago, dams513 said:

Realistically, where are we thinking he ranks amongst RB's in PPR.  I'm thinking from RB14-18, any ideas?

He doesn’t catch passes. That limits his upside. He’s a poor mans Sony Michel in terms of situation. Chubb May be more talented, but Michel has a better offense/line and can bank on volume and scoring chances.

Game Script... Child please. The game flow will be so much improved with Chubb leading the charge. I can see play action opening up a lot of chunk gains. if they are able to do a little no huddle/2 min offense and keep the Defence off balance we are looking at a totally different team than the trash Cle has put out over the last 20-30 years. Im excited for the new and improved Cle offense. They should be competetive in almost every game now and we shouldn't have to watch pathetic and borderline horrible Cle games. Anyone see the LAC-Cle game last week? totally unwatchable. Unfortunatly in Denver it was the only televised game. I switched to golf early in the 2nd quarter.

5 hours ago, MilkSteakandjellybeans said:

I'm thinking now might be the best time to trade chubb. What do you guys think? The hype train is real right now and if he puts up 13/42 people are gonna cool on him significantly...

Yeah, I just traded him.  There were other pieces involved, but it was pretty much Chubb for Ertz.  I’m deep at RB so I’m covered... I just hope I didn’t just trade away the next Todd Gurley.

17 hours ago, mmm sod said:

lol the season is halfway over and he was a 4th rounder.  he almost has to kill it the rest of the year to justify the pick

that's the plan! Got him in the sixth, FYI.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, I just traded him.  There were other pieces involved, but it was pretty much Chubb for Ertz.  I’m deep at RB so I’m covered... I just hope I didn’t just trade away the next Todd Gurley.

That would actually be Saquon Barkley.

3 hours ago, jtbgator said:

As a Chubb owner, I wish I owned Duke too.

Team name would be Chubby Johnson’s.

Any Chubb owner can just make it something like: "Can't Hyde My Chubb".  

My personal one since I own Gurley and Diggs:  "Gurleys Digg My Chubb".

So many possibilities. 

2 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Pardon me for missing it in between the circle jerking of Chubbs, lol.

I just thought I'd let you know that it was acknowledged since you didn't believe it was.

Was drafted in the last round in my league and when the guy put the sticker on the board he literally looked at me and winked . After he dropped him I picked him up immediately.  I"m gonna Chubb rock the rest of the season.  I hope he Treats me right!!

1 hour ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Any Chubb owner can just make it something like: "Can't Hyde My Chubb".  

My personal one since I own Gurley and Diggs:  "Gurleys Digg My Chubb".

So many possibilities. 

Half(back) Chubb?

Explosive Chubb.

Archived