NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

5 hours ago, Power-O said:

not when the head coach is greg williams....he is going to win this game on ball control & defense...he wont win but thats what helps him do what he does best

what gregg williams does best is finish under .500 with a bottom 10 defense. also--what the hell is up with that extra "g"?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Duke playing a bit more, maybe 5-10 touches, mostly in the passing game. I can see him be targeted more at the expense some down field passes.  Improving the short passing game will take some of the pressure off BM by providing easy completions.  Chubbs role won't change much imo.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, Red Dog said:

I can see Duke playing a bit more, maybe 5-10 touches, mostly in the passing game. I can see him be targeted more at the expense some down field passes.  Improving the short passing game will take some of the pressure off BM by providing easy completions.  Chubbs role won't change much imo.

WR Rishard Higgins is back practicing and calling himself 100%.  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/rashard-higgins-hopes-to-take-game-to-another-level-upon-return-from-injury

His return should help open up the run game for Chubb.  Higgins was one of the guys who developed the best chemistry with Mayfield, because he was one of the backup receivers in preseason and Mayfield didn't get reps with the #1s. 

"Higgins is ready to capitalize on the chemistry he has developed with Mayfield after working together throughout training camp. 

“I am excited," Higgins said. "Me and Baker, and the timing that we have, you guys have seen it. It is unbelievable. To have something like that with another guy is well worth it. I hang out with Baker all of the time."

from

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-Players-React-Baker-Mayfield-Starting-Quarterback-122446268/

6 minutes ago, philnutz said:

As head coach, Gregg williams best rushing team ranked 14th, most years he was bottom 5 in rushing attempts and yards. I am thinking about benching Chubb to see how the 1st game plays out.

I would normally take this approach... but with byes, I don't have a choice.

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Decent outing 

About what I expected against the high-powered KC team. Chasing the entire game. They finally utilized Duke Johnson which I expected. Who knows if that holds ROS. I had to drop him but now kicking myself.

I'm excited to watch all of his runs once they're uploaded onto the interwebz. In the little highlight clips from NFL.com he makes some special runs where he shows great power, vision, and some excellent change of direction/acceleration. He's already #1 in the NFL in juke rate (percentage of runs he makes someone miss) and in yards created per carry and from the little I saw of today's game I think he'll remain #1. 

7 minutes ago, spidybl said:

He’s been good for 80and a td in games they are trailing. Imagine if the browns were ever winning a game. Rb2 with rb1 upside at this point

I'll definitely remember that for my 2022 fantasy draft analysis.

Archived