Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, lolcopter said:

 

Report back after this next game. Tyrod at QB was doing that running game no favors

 

He was doing that entire offense no favors honestly. I liked the idea of TT with those weapons but he was playing too conservative at times and not trying to fit passes into windows unless it was late in the games.

 

With that said and all of the injuries to RBs, I’ve added Chubb everywhere as a lotto ticket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feels like a trap to me. Everyone is convinced that Carlos Hyde will get hurt, because that's what all the data and talking heads say.

 

Everyone stashes Chubb in anticipation of that event, whenever it may happen.

 

Carlos Hyde plays 17 games for his first time ever, while Chubb lovers wonder if they should've picked up Marlon Mack instead. :)

 

(I have Chubb.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 11:01 PM, bsong71 said:

This feels like a trap to me. Everyone is convinced that Carlos Hyde will get hurt, because that's what all the data and talking heads say.

 

Everyone stashes Chubb in anticipation of that event, whenever it may happen.

 

Carlos Hyde plays 17 games for his first time ever, while Chubb lovers wonder if they should've picked up Marlon Mack instead. :)

 

(I have Chubb.)

 

Soild reverse jynx attempt.

 

I feel like Hyde has a decent chance of getting hurt, but it's not something you can predict one way or the other with certainty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real impediment to his value is Hue Jackson and how bad of a coach he is. Its mind boggling you can look at the production of Hyde and think "hey, we just have to feed this guy 20+ touches per game" and let a dynamic rookie sit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dzemens said:

The only real impediment to his value is Hue Jackson and how bad of a coach he is. Its mind boggling you can look at the production of Hyde and think "hey, we just have to feed this guy 20+ touches per game" and let a dynamic rookie sit. 

His pass protection is a problem.  If he sorts that out, look out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got downvoted heavily on Reddit for saying Hue Jackson is a bad coach and Chubb deserves more carries.

 

I assume it's all Hyde owners hating?

 

He's just a stash and hope right now, because unless Hyde gets hurt he has no value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I got downvoted heavily on Reddit for saying Hue Jackson is a bad coach and Chubb deserves more carries.

 

I assume it's all Hyde owners hating?

 

He's just a stash and hope right now, because unless Hyde gets hurt he has no value.

 

Tbh, they could even use him as the primary back and then Hyde for short yardage or goal if Hue is hellbent on using him. But 10 carries and almost 15 ypc is marvelous. You'd think they'd want to see if that translates to something better than Hyde has been providing. I mean, Hyde has not been awful by any stretch, but they have a guy maximizing his touches and blowing Hyde away. The reason you get so much grief on Reddit is because those same people believe Royce Freeman should be getting more carries over Phillip Lindsay. What happened to earning your touches?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I got downvoted heavily on Reddit for saying Hue Jackson is a bad coach and Chubb deserves more carries.

 

I assume it's all Hyde owners hating?

 

He's just a stash and hope right now, because unless Hyde gets hurt he has no value.

Hyde is good, Chubb is also good, Chubb should be getting more than 3 touches in a game like that but he's not overtaking Hyde this week. And that all only matters to a point. If Hue wants to give Hyde 90% of the touches, he's going to get 90% of the touches. He's a stash at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would nice to see him get more carries, but he's not going to be startable outside deep leagues or despertaion. Doesnt catch the ball and is on the short side of a timeshare. He's a stash hoping Hyde gets hurt and turns into a top 20-24 play  each week with some upside

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those runs were not flukes, elusive and powerful, over 21 MPH on the longer run. He needs to work on pass pro, but if something happened to Hyde, Chubb would rack up 100 yard games with ease in that offense. He is a must stash IMO, if you got room he has as much upside as anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, brockpapersizer said:

 

Soild reverse jynx attempt.

 

I feel like Hyde has a decent chance of getting hurt, but it's not something you can predict one way or the other with certainty. 

 

I’ve been holding Ekeler all season hoping for Gordon to go down.  I’m tired of waiting.....I may swap Chubb in for him and then wait for Hyde to go down. I think there is a better chance of that happening with Hyde going down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Guy looks good but so did Antoine smith. It’s a lot different once you become the 20 carry a game guy

 

fwiw I have Hyde and Chubb 

 

Strange comparison. Smith was 5'9", less than 200 lbs, and went undrafted. Chubb has prototypical feature back size and went in the 2nd round.

 

Smith also took years to show anything. Chubb looks electric, now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Stashed him across the board. It's a matter of when, not if for this kid.

 

I agree.  I don't think Chubb needs a Hyde injury to be relevant.   I can see him having an Ekeler type role latter in the season, and more (RB2 with RB1 upside) if an injury to Hyde does occur.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...