NBC Sports Edge Forums

Offer Altuve for Acuna? Am i crazy? WHIR

Standard H2H Each Cat league. Keep 10 players each year.

I tried sending MadBum, and Jose Ramirez for Ronald Acuna but it was declined.

I'm debating sending Jose Altuve for Ronald Acuna to see if maybe he would do that?

I have Jose Ramirez to take over at 2B so i would be fine there. Am i crazy for considering offering this?

I could also maybe try Aaron Judge straight up for Acuna but not sure that would get it done? Thoughts?

Do you play in an Atlanta-based keeper league? 

Any of those deals in my Auction Keeper league would have been approved immediately.

I'd be weary of your Atlanta Brave Fandom, you trying to trade legit young superstars for a super-hyped rookie/prospect. Don't get me wrong he has all the makings of being the real deal, but be careful.  

• Like 1

You need to step away from the computer for a while because in no league should you be dealing any of the guys mentioned in your OP for Acuna.  Acuna is solid but completely unproven and in no way, shape, or form, deserving of Altuve/Judge/MadBum or even Jose Ramirez.  Seriously.  Do you know something everyone else doesn't?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jrick45 said:

Do you play in an Atlanta-based keeper league? 

Any of those deals in my Auction Keeper league would have been approved immediately.

I'd be weary of your Atlanta Brave Fandom, you trying to trade legit young superstars for a super-hyped rookie/prospect. Don't get me wrong he has all the makings of being the real deal, but be careful.  

Its not an Atlanta based keeper league but me and the owner of Acuna are both big Braves fans. I knew it would take a lot to get him and i'm willing to give a lot for him but not sure where to stop. lol

If you are going to compete in fantasy you have to give up the homer crap . You have to like players you don't like . 

You don't make stupid trades unless you are one of those guys that is willing to pay the fee and have garbage for players but his favorite player. 

Sounds like that's you . 

Wish you were in one of my leagues iveoyld have loved to make one of those trades with you. Might even give you some credit on the trophy for helping

me win . 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, motown magic said:

If you are going to compete in fantasy you have to give up the homer crap . You have to like players you don't like . 

You don't make stupid trades unless you are one of those guys that is willing to pay the fee and have garbage for players but his favorite player. 

Sounds like that's you . 

Wish you were in one of my leagues iveoyld have loved to make one of those trades with you. Might even give you some credit on the trophy for helping

me win . 

Lol, look at my team. It's stacked, I don't make bad trades just to get guys I like, but every once in a while if there is a guy I REALLY want I feel like my team has enough of a buffer to still compete and lose a trade to get that one guy. BTW, I won the league last year. 

Baffled at how you can think this would be a good move. Baffled at how you could amass 9 out of (roughly) the top 20 fantasy players in a 12 team league.

Edited by meh2
  • Haha 1

Your both fu*king insane!

your nuts for trying to send Madbum and Ramirez for Acuna and he’s crazy for declining it. 

Then you are thinking about upping the ante and giving up Altuve?!

i like Acuna a lot but he’s all hype at this point. He has the tools to be a stud but so does a guy like Buxton. I’m not comparing them but I’m just pointing out that these guys don’t always produce in the bigs like they did in the minors. Many many players have busted before in all sports so treating Acuna like a sure thing is just crazy. 

Your trying to trade players that have produced at the highest level for a guy with 8 Major league ABs under his belt.

Altuve is almost 28 and he’s a top 5 player. I don’t see the upside in making this trade because Acuna May never reach his level. If he does how much better will he be? 

Its not worth the risk IMO

• Like 4

Altuve for Acuna is fine, but you gotta get another worthwhile player out of it.  If it's a long running keeper league and you REALLY want him, better to overpay now than later - but in general it's a bad move for this year

I’ve long ago learned that if you want to win at fantasy, you have to play with your head and not your heart. 

I play in a dynasty league with a bunch of blue jays fans (I’m one myself). I had Vlad Jr, and naturally, he was a very hot commodity. I even drafted him higher than he should have gone knowing that one of the other guys would end up overpaying for him. Not even a month into the season, I end up trading him off in a package for Mike Trout

If you are just playing for fun and really don’t care about winning and it means more to you to have Acuna on your team than to win, than by all means make the trade. But if you are serious about winning the league, given the circumstances, accept that you aren’t getting Acuna 

12 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep Judge, Altuve,JoRam counter offer and dangle Madbum for Acuna. 

Which was ALREADY declined!  Just once, try reading the post!

Don't do either of those deals.  I get over-paying for someone you really like, but I don't think Acuna has earned this perceived value just yet.

Return the favor?