NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

1 hour ago, knuckleheads said:

It looks like it was a tie game to me. No save situation. But I do think Reed has kind of distanced himself a bit from the next in line thing...

1 hour ago, mudrummer said:

Except he wasn't - the game was tied so no save opportunity there. Not that he pitched well...just not a save opp.

Oh my mistake. Thought the dude hit 2r HR off Reed lol.

17 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

So pine tar enhances spin rate, apparently.

If only the Astros could discover a magic elixir that calms relievers' late-game, save-situation nerves...

It's called Devenski-Dew

• Haha 3

So F Vazquez was just dropped in my 16 team league.  Am I missing anything here or has PIT just not seen a save opportunity since 4/14 when he got the save?  Looks to me like there's been a couple late inning win opps but no actual save opps since that date.  Correct?

12 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

So F Vazquez was just dropped in my 16 team league.  Am I missing anything here or has PIT just not seen a save opportunity since 4/14 when he got the save?  Looks to me like there's been a couple late inning win opps but no actual save opps since that date.  Correct?

Sounds like a bonehead move to me.

• Like 3

Anderson came in to finish off the 7th and pitch the 8th.  Looking like Johnson is the closer then, which makes little sense.  I know he's the experienced one, but they went with the young upside guy with Middleton.

I actually have no idea who's warming up, but I would assume it's Johnson.

Oh well.  I'll be dropping Anderson and steering clear of that situation then.  May only be temporary unless Middleton is being overly optimistic, and Johnson is a mediocre closer at best anymore.

I needed somebody to cut to activate Mac Williamson anyways...