NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Magoo said:

so true.  He was already overworked before Miller went down.

My fear is that he's going to Norris.

11 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Do you guys think we are going to have a Giles sighting?

If they don't go to him in a save situation then he's definitely out.

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I can't see chasing saves in a situation you know where it's at best 95% likely that you will get horrible ratios out of it in regular leagues.  To each their own of course.

I would guess that the majority of folks here probably dont play in regular leagues though. In my 12 man roto league its balls out competitive for saves, likewise for another 14 man SV+HLD roto league. I also have a 20 man H2H where teams are doing good to have 2 closers. Im just saying, the thread is here for a reason and there are a lot of non standard leagues out there. Folks who are after speculative saves probably punted the cat in the draft or drafted it lightly and realize that a slight hit to your ratios can be mitigated with relatively good SP. The strategy is especially worth it if you can get the right spec add that sticks in the position, which happens several times a year.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2018 at 7:37 PM, loro1991 said:

So Cody Allen is bad now?

5 walks 3 hits past 3 innings whats goin on

quoting myself/updating with latest .2 innings and adding the prior .1 inning from the 27th 

Past 4 innings (5 appearances) since April 27th, 6 runs, 6 walks, 9 hits, 2 K's

Not feeling good about this, I own Allen and Miller is rostered by someone else. I would own Miller if you can. 

It's his "1st blown save", even if he's been really bad lately, but yeah, something is not good here

Edited by loro1991
  • Like 1

Any word on who was warming for angels?  Not a save situation ,but knowing who was up before they added the 7th-8th runs still data that might help.

Bedrosian came in, so perhaps he was the plan all along?

Such a messy situation.

Boxberger guts out a tough save that was tougher than it should have been bc he made a perfect 2 strike pitch to gurriel but somehow he golfed it into right for a hit. Struck out the side too. Bully. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Whizzinator said:

Any word on who was warming for angels?  Not a save situation ,but knowing who was up before they added the 7th-8th runs still data that might help.

Bedrosian came in, so perhaps he was the plan all along?

Such a messy situation.

Although Bedrosian walked 3 guys.......Such a mess 

3 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

This is a saves thread not a horrible ratios thread.  Object is to find the next closer, then you can decide whether or not to add.

Actually, it's a closers thread, not a saves thread either.  Ratios are a part of a closer, just like saves are.

That's the last I'm posting about it though.  I didn't realize that stating the negative side of chasing saves was such a big no-no around here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, BMcP said:

First time Holland looked legit good in the 9th in a tie

Hes had a few similar outings but this was the best one. And he was clearly the “closer” tonight for whatever that’s worth ahead of hicks and definitely far ahead of Gregerson. Maybe he converts a real save op before Norris’s mystery injury resolves and gets the gig. Again better to be lucky than good in this case. 

Edited by cyberer
Just now, dumherb1 said:

Anyone know when Knebel will be activated, I saw this week but no time table, I would love to start him over trash bag Neris..

Knebel (hamstring) is scheduled to pitch in another rehab game Sunday, and could return to the Brewers before the end of the week, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports.