NBC Sports Edge Forums

44 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Minter is nowhere near ready. I don't think there was reason for a committee.

Viz has been solid. 

I agree Minter has disappointed but I still think Viz is somewhat of a time bomb with how many walks he's given up.  I would still hold Minter.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I agree Minter has disappointed but I still think Viz is somewhat of a time bomb with how many walks he's given up.  I would still hold Minter.

Minter has walked 1 more guy than Vizcaino in the same number of innings

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TallicaFan87 said:

Minter has walked 1 more guy than Vizcaino in the same number of innings

Doesn't change my point.  Don't start Minter but don't drop him.  

2 hours ago, 96mnc said:

As mentioned above -

Strickland 

Box

Rodney 

Treinan

Soria

Norris

Middleton

Greene

Hader

All from  the waiver wire or last guys drafted.

All these guys replaced cheapish guys anyways, except Hader / Knebel, so even the owners who got the replaced guys didn't really "pay for saves".  The top closers who people paid a premium for all still have their jobs.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, loro1991 said:

quoting myself/updating with latest .2 innings and adding the prior .1 inning from the 27th 

Past 4 innings (5 appearances) since April 27th, 6 runs, 6 walks, 9 hits, 2 K's

Not feeling good about this, I own Allen and Miller is rostered by someone else. I would own Miller if you can. 

It's his "1st blown save", even if he's been really bad lately, but yeah, something is not good here

Allen every year gets into a rut like this. He'll be much better when Miller gets back. His stuff looked fine. His control is off right now. Francona did him no favors by putting him in for two inning saves. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

Phillies recalled RHP Seranthony Dominguez from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.

Dominguez has made a full-time move to the bullpen this season and has dominated, posting a 1.62 ERA and 21/3 K/BB ratio over 16 2/3 innings between Double- and Triple-A. The 23-year-old has a big arm and it might not take long before he's working in high-leverage situation

Interesting name to track here. The numbers have looked pretty nice and Philly has been talked about plenty on here the last month or so. 

Speaking of nice numbers in Philly...Ramos.

33 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Allen every year gets into a rut like this. He'll be much better when Miller gets back. His stuff looked fine. His control is off right now. Francona did him no favors by putting him in for two inning saves. 

The first thing to go when you're fatigued is command.   Then pitch life.  Then velocity.  I saw no command or life on his pitches.   The dude is gassed.

• Like 1

I could see ATL taking their time with Minter. He's definitely a future piece, might as well get him acclimated to being an elite setup guy before giving him the reigns.

What I could see is Winkler getting the shot first. Dudes been lights out.

• Like 1
Just now, 10giz said:

I could see ATL taking their time with Minter. He's definitely a future piece, might as well get him acclimated to being an elite setup guy before giving him the reigns.

What I could see is Winkler getting the shot first. Dudes been lights out.

His numbers are impressive.

4 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

His numbers are impressive.

It also just makes sense from a logistical standpoint.

If Viz ***** the bed, swap him with Winkler. See how they both respond to their new roles. Winkler may just do nothing himself but it gives Viz a chance to build confidence back up and get back in there.

Meanwhile, Minter can take his time honing his craft.

16 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Andrew Miller comes off DL Friday....is there any chance he takes job from Allen?

Almost zero. Allen sometimes gets in these funks, and he’s been used a lot since Miller went down. Miller back means they don’t have to lean on Allen as much.

Edited by Backdoor Slider
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Well someone has to do it...

We have seen ONE true closer dethroned this year (Holland) and he may close again.  

Brewers had an injury

Angels and Orioles were basically committees.  

Rough year so far for don't pay for saves guy.  :blink: 

Yeah, well...it's been a rough year for those who paid the high price for Jansen and Allen. 

-- signed, Jansen and Allen owner

• Like 2
12 hours ago, 9703 said:

Seranthony Dominguez is the Phillies closer of the future supposedly. Also has SP eligibility.

12 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Kapler rocked his fedora and drove to Reading on an off day to personally scout him.

Looking further into this, the Phillies have a rotation of relievers who have specified jobs.

Maybe Dominguez might take over for Adam Morgan but I don't see that happening.

Neris is the closer ... He is not going away.

Then they have Hunter, Garcia & Ramos those three lock down the middle innings bridge the gap to Neris. Those three have pitched decent and I just can't believe Kapler will toss any of them away over Dominguez

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, well...it's been a rough year for those who paid the high price for Jansen and Allen. 

-- signed, Jansen and Allen owner

SAGNOF.

RPs really are fickle. Not worth it to draft them early.