NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, street sharks said:

For those who want to take a shot on Clippard...

.128 babip, 4.73 xfip, 100% strand rate

Good luck with that

I highly doubt Clippard has reached the 2000 BIP threshold needed for BABIP to stabilize.

And the notion that xFIP based on only 18 1/3 IP holds any predictive value is patently absurd.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

the hot chick reporter for brewers broadcast said basically they're going to get him a few low leverage appearances before putting him back at the top

Which makes complete sense but Hader owners will be ecstatic over it

Edited by The Waker

Like I said guys, Hader over Knebel ROS.

There are so many obstacles Knebel has to pass. There are risks. He isn't a proven RP like the elites, could be a 1 year wonder. Furthermore, any RP coming from an injury and getting back to full form there is risk. And then there is the risk if he stays healthy since hamstring injuries are often re-occuring.

Too many risks, Hader > Knebel ROS. Not saying Hader will get more saves than Knebel ROS but its a possibility and with his standalone value even as Miller type I would say his "expected" ROS value is greater than Knebel's.

• Like 1

I don't see why it's been such a no no to say that the Brewers situation could be a committee going forward.  Everyone loves Knebel for his strike outs, and it bails him out of trouble, but he isn't exactly Greg Maddux out there.  Bare minimum I think it's a situation similar to Houston where Hader eats into some of Knebel's save opps.   

• Like 1

Counsell: "We’ll get Corey to the back of the game. That’s my intention," Counsell said. "We’ll get him there, but not right away. My intention is to get him to the back of the game. Because I do think it frees Josh up and the rest of the guys to be utilized in a lot of different ways. That’s the outlook right now. I can change my mind on it, but that’s the outlook right now.”

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Time to start digging for the 3rd in line

Not sure they have any other choice but Soria & Jones again.  That Jace Fry guy has the best numbers but a whopping 3.2 innings.  Everyone else has been awful.  

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Counsell: "We’ll get Corey to the back of the game. That’s my intention," Counsell said. "We’ll get him there, but not right away. My intention is to get him to the back of the game. Because I do think it frees Josh up and the rest of the guys to be utilized in a lot of different ways. That’s the outlook right now. I can change my mind on it, but that’s the outlook right now.”

That smells like bull**** if you ask me.

21 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I know we’ve had this discussion before, but the orioles are on pace to win 37 games...

I think the worst team in history made it to the mid-60s. “Gotta be a hot streak coming!” says history. 

I think I’d want Givens there. Brach has been rough for a month while Givens has been nails.