NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Clippard cannot see advanced metrics through his goggles

Not sure he can see the plate either, his command was off. Not sure if thats normal but his walk rate seems to back it up.

• Like 1

Such a cheap blown save for Kimbrel. I’m not liking anyone’s chances of getting Gardner and Judge with runners at 1st and 3rd and then having to go back out and get Didi Stanton Sanchez. Brutal. 

Just now, neljak25 said:

Such a cheap blown save for Kimbrel. I’m not liking anyone’s chances of getting Gardner and Judge with runners at 1st and 3rd and then having to go back out and get Didi Stanton Sanchez. Brutal. 

Lol

Cheap?

Two batters. Two barrels: Gardner triple (fly ball to wall). Judge line drive HR to center.

Kimbrel certainly earned every bit of that blown save.

12 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol

Cheap?

Two batters. Two barrels: Gardner triple (fly ball to wall). Judge line drive HR to center.

Kimbrel certainly earned every bit of that blown save.

He did yes. What I’m saying is that’s about 80/20 chance at a blown save. 

6 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

He did yes. What I’m saying is that’s about 80/20 chance at a blown save. 

Regardless of how expensive the opportunity, Craig didn’t do it.

Just now, street sharks said:

Why the hell did Kimbrel enter the 9th after runners were on even though they had a 6-5 lead?

He entered with 1 out in the 8th. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, evillaw4eva said:

Jansen made quick work of it 

The K's still aren't really there, but can't complain too much I guess if he's converting his saves, especially like last night's when he only threw 9 pitches.

does Jace Fry get a chance to close for the White Sox?

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/bullpen-report-may-10-2018/

lengthy article. this on Fry..

While things seem to be settling in for Toronto, the White Sox bullpen continues to dissolve. Joakim Soria‘s given up runs in two of his last three appearances, so the team tried Nate Jones once again in the ninth for the save against the Pirates. Jones imploded giving up four hits and four earned runs incurring his second blown save of the year. Although Jones has turned in 10 scoreless outings this year, his volatility along with Soria’s makes either hard to trust going forward. Keep tabs on Jace Fry. He joined the team on May 4th and in three games he’s struck out five in 3.2 innings giving up only one walk. He also pitched well in Triple-A whiffing 11 in 6.2 innings with a 1.35 ERA and o.45 WHIP.

minor league numbers..

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=165484

• Like 2
13 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Well Clippard with the save. Good job to those of you who grabbed him. Oh and Tepera have both been dropped in my league after that performance.  On to the next shiny new toy. 

I wouldn't go dropping Oh and Tepera so soon:

• Thanks 1

I live in Toronto and listen to the sports radio everyday here, Oh is not seen as the closer and they like Tepera as the set up man the only way Clippard loses the job is if he starts to suck, he's been really good for the Jays so far

• Like 1

Reyes pitched pretty well his first time out yesterday, the question is in 2-3 weeks when he's ready does he join the rotation or bullpen, if its the pen does he get a shot at the closer job or more of a Miller/Hader role

2 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Reyes pitched pretty well his first time out yesterday, the question is in 2-3 weeks when he's ready does he join the rotation or bullpen, if its the pen does he get a shot at the closer job or more of a Miller/Hader role

Sounds like rotation... Weaver better begin pitching well

41 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I live in Toronto and listen to the sports radio everyday here, Oh is not seen as the closer and they like Tepera as the set up man the only way Clippard loses the job is if he starts to suck, he's been really good for the Jays so far

What about Ax?

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

does Jace Fry get a chance to close for the White Sox?

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/bullpen-report-may-10-2018/

lengthy article. this on Fry..

minor league numbers..

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=165484

Very interesting.  Wouldn't hurt to give him a chance considering Soria and Jones have been garbage.  The WHIP is a little uninspiring, so hopefully he can maintain his early 2018 success.

Edited by ToO_BaD
18 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

The win for Tepera was a small consolation if he doesn't get the job.  I doubt we see Clippard close again it seemed like it was just a comeback circumstance.  

Why wouldn’t we see Clippard close again? He’s done nothing to not justify the job. Granted his numbers hint at some regression but until he blows up a couple times I’d say it’s his job to lose. 

• Like 1

I'll be surprised if Gibbons doesn't just keep going back to Clippard until he blows up.  Gibby is a very simple man, and I don't think you'll see any unnecessary effort or thought process going into this situation.  Clippard was one of the main setup guys, was doing a good job, has closing experience, overall seems like the logical choice, and was the first name out of Gibbons' mouth when originally asked who would close.

In past years Gibbons has been very routine about what relievers he uses where, until he's forced to change something.  Generally speaking he always has a 7th, 8th, and 9th guy that he will go to every time.  So without Clippard blowing up and giving him a reason to make a change, I fully expect him to stick to the order we saw last night.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Seems unnecessarily complicated. 

It does and weird coming from Clippard.

Hopefully he sticks and apparently he's worked on getting over tipping his pitches:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/blue-jays-tyler-clippard-excited-about-mechanical-adjustments/