NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Jim Johnson locks it up with a BB, and 2K

Anything to see here?

Maybe hes following Craig Counsell's bullpen management and easing his closer back in.

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

That take seems a bit off to me because; 1) Middleton is new to the  closing game and was shaky yesterday. And 2) Johnson has gotten the job done recently.

Now I believe eventually Johnson will stink it up but not sure they won't keep going to him until he does.

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 1

I'm no Mike Scioscia fan or anything like that, but it's pretty funny that:

- Craig Counsell is complimented for the way he handles the return of Knebel, easing him in while saying the role will still be his;

- Scioscia is criticized when he does the same thing with Middleton the same night

Again, I'm not a Scioscia guy, but he hasn't exactly been blessed with great bullpen pieces since probably young Francisco Rodriguez.  His flipping and flopping of the closer role has been because for the most part, his options have been mediocre at best.

Counsell, meanwhile, has a nice deep set of arms to draw from right now and the fact they've been pretty successful takes a lot of heat off of him.

Just an observation, not a rant on who is the better manager overall.

• Like 2

I certainly think Middleton should get the job back, but who the hell knows?  I doubt the answer is Jim Johnson, but I doubted the answer was Bud Norris last year too.

Just now, kittenmittons said:

The Media coverage isn't painting a good picture for Osuna rest of season...  Whoever ends up with that job could be a closer steal.  

Even if he comes back this year, he would be booed and affected mentally

14 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

The Media coverage isn't painting a good picture for Osuna rest of season...  Whoever ends up with that job could be a closer steal.  

Clippard has to the favorite right now. I'm very skeptical he has the skills to keep the job, but possession of the gig is the hardest thing to come by and it looks like the job is his to lose. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, 9703 said:

Jeffress has been really good too.

This is my #1 reason for signing Jeffress, the chance he will deliver value even without saves. The save last night already justifies spending $3 of $100 FAAB on him last week. Anything else from him other than MR filler is gravy. Knebel should get it back but at least MIL has options if he struggles.

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Even if he comes back this year, he would be booed and affected mentally

Ask Aroldis and Familia how long the boos last if you can strike guys out....

1 hour ago, ragrag said:

Cody Allen owners rejoice... Andrew Miller activated from DL. 

I think Cody Allen rejoiced too.  He's probably even more excited than fantasy owners of either pitcher.

• Like 1