Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Is Norris a bonafide closer now? what are the chances percentage wise he keeps it?

 

Well he is the current closer.  No one knows the chances but I'd say 25%.  50% chance Holland retakes the role and 25% chance they both blow up and we go to a full committee or Hicks or Reyes takes over.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Is Norris a bonafide closer now? what are the chances percentage wise he keeps it?

I mean he has a chance to run-away with job. His peripherals are strong. I'd say 75% if he stays healthy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

Clippard used in the 9th, after Oh and Tepera. 0 ER, 2 K's. Tie game extra innings. 

 

Looks to be the guy.  Only caveat is that Oh faced the top in Leon/Betts/Benitendi, Tepera the meat in Boegarts/Martinez/Ramirez, and Clippard the bottom in Holt/Nunez/Moreland.  So you could at least argue he was put in vs the lowest competition.  Still think it's him overall though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

 

Looks to be the guy.  Only caveat is that Oh faced the top in Leon/Betts/Benitendi, Tepera the meat in Boegarts/Martinez/Ramirez, and Clippard the bottom in Holt/Nunez/Moreland.  So you could at least argue he was put in vs the lowest competition.  Still think it's him overall though.

 

The manager did the same exact sequence last night.  Has nothing to do with the line-up and everything to do with the "roles" and "innings" assigned to each guy with this manager according to Toronto fans that have posted.  Clippard just lucked out with the easier batters.

 

11 minutes ago, TallicaFan87 said:

Any idea who the pickup might be if Neris is eventually out?

 

They paid Tommy Hunter a bundle to come pitch for them so I'd bet him first.

 

in other news Tyler Thornberg should be back with Boston in about a week so if he was anything like he was in Milwaukee again he could end up 2nd in line if anything physically happens to Kimbrel.  Of course he is coming back from thyroic (spelling ????) outlet whatever it is so that is a big if that he pitches well.  But just a deep heads up to start to monitor him in leagues that want "in waiting" guys.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The manager did the same exact sequence last night.  Has nothing to do with the line-up and everything to do with the "roles" and "innings" assigned to each guy with this manager according to Toronto fans that have posted.  Clippard just lucked out with the easier batters.

 

They paid Tommy Hunter a bundle to come pitch for them so I'd bet him first.

 

1) Yep checks out, looks like it's likely Clippard's job to lose in a traditional exclusive 9th inning role.  Increasingly rare commodity nowadays.  Just traded him away so guess we'll see if that works out for me.

 

2) Yep agree it's Hunter despite the closer hierarchy websites saying Garcia

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TallicaFan87 said:

Any idea who the pickup might be if Neris is eventually out?

Hunter or Seranthony Dominquez

 

he's already pitched 3 scoreless innings

 

Kapler has a man crush on Seranthony so it wouldn't shock me

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Hunter or Seranthony Dominquez

 

I think Dominguez is the long term play.  Dynasty he's a very interesting guy to keep an eye on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

 

I think Dominguez is the long term play.  Dynasty he's a very interesting guy to keep an eye on.

it's crazy though they keep going to Neris

 

Rios

Ramos

Garcia

Dominquez

 

all have vastly better stuff than Neris....it's amazing he's kept the job this long

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

it's crazy though they keep going to Neris

 

Rios

Ramos

Garcia

Dominquez

 

all have vastly better stuff than Neris....it's amazing he's kept the job this long

 

What happened to him?  He was so exciting 2 years ago, such a shame.  If Neshek was healthy and Neris was doing what we all hoped he would their BP would have been elite.  Given the makeup of the NL east right now that could be the difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baur10 said:

 

What happened to him?  He was so exciting 2 years ago, such a shame.  If Neshek was healthy and Neris was doing what we all hoped he would their BP would have been elite.  Given the makeup of the NL east right now that could be the difference. 

The Phillies pitching has actually been pretty good this year....that bullpen is loaded with guys who throw 95-99 and they go to one of the worst out there for the saves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

The Phillies pitching has actually been pretty good this year....that bullpen is loaded with guys who throw 95-99 and they go to one of the worst out there for the saves.

 

Overall their pitching is fantastic. Only reason they're keeping up with the Braves right now (whose pitching is overachieving I think...I hope).Just seems like Neshek/Neris could have really been the cherry on top.

 

10 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Maybe but short term always follow the vet with the big contract first.

 

Agree completely.  He's a year away at the very least away I think.  But could pay big dividends in more long term leagues.

Edited by Baur10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

 

Overall their pitching is fantastic. Only reason they're keeping up with the Braves right now (whose pitching is overachieving I think...I hope).Just seems like Neshek/Neris could have really been the cherry on top.


Sorry but how does one pitcher (Neshek) have anything to do with the other (Neris)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knuckleheads said:

Sorry but how does one pitcher (Neshek) have anything to do with the other (Neris)?

 

Not really sure I understand what you're asking, just commenting on them as 2 disappointments in what could have been an elite bullpen. But at this point it seems more appropriate for the Phillies thread than the closer thread since Neshek is injured and Neris is doo doo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

The Phillies pitching has actually been pretty good this year....that bullpen is loaded with guys who throw 95-99 and they go to one of the worst out there for the saves.

 

As a philly watcher/fan who do YOU want in the role?  Not who Kapler may go to but who you trust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 96mnc said:

 

As a philly watcher/fan who do YOU want in the role?  Not who Kapler may go to but who you trust.

Dominquez.....he's the future closer....might as well get him started now....he's literally the same age as Roberto Osuna.....and Dominquez has better stuff

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

 

Not really sure I understand what you're asking, just commenting on them as 2 disappointments in what could have been an elite bullpen. But at this point it seems more appropriate for the Phillies thread than the closer thread since Neshek is injured and Neris is doo doo.


Ok noted and apology.   I was somehow reading that Neshek being in the bullpen would have had a positive effect on Neris' pitching.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

Ok noted and apology.   I was somehow reading that Neshek being in the bullpen would have had a positive effect on Neris' pitching.....

 

No worries. I get that from a Miller/Allen POV, where an elite set-up guy can take off the pressure on a closer, eliminating the need for outings longer than 1 inning.  Not sure either Neshek and Neris are in that tier of player right now though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...