NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, exzacly909 said:

I agree. As an Angles fan, I thought before the season Jim Johnson was weirdly going to end up getting saves this year. I am however still on the Keynan side of things. I think the last two days were more about Key just coming off the DL. I think even more so last night because he did pitch the day before. Coming back from an elbow discomfort, I thought that was the smart too. 

His command before the injury was a little bit unsettling. But I actually thought Scioscia was on board with him closing it out. He was one of the more consistent guys I’ve seen him use in a while. I think as long as Keynan continues to show decent command he will end up/stay there. 

First thing to go with an elbow injury is command. 

This is a situation that I'd continue to roster both Johnson and Middleton if I owned both. 

And as mentioned above, Scioscia screwed up by not allowing Johnson to start the inning clean.

2 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

Chapman struggling. Looked like he grimaced a little too 

1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Chapman doesnt look right and is struggling and laboring..

If he were to go on the DL in the near future, who is next in line? Robertson? Betances?

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

If he were to go on the DL in the near future, who is next in line? Robertson? Betances?

Both have been pretty rough lately. I would think Robertson. Betances still has some pretty bad control issues 

• Like 1
Just now, AnonymousRob said:

I'd assume robertson and betances in that order

• Like 1
1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

Knebel wasn't very good before he got injured actually he was garbage and its not like he has a strong resume of closing 3/4 of a year, if he falters at all i see the Hader/Jefferes combo coming back, they have been lights out together.Knebel walks a lot of batters compared with the other 2

No, he wasn't good, but it was a very small sample size like others have said.  The thing is he wasn't wild, issuing 0 walks in those 3 games, so I wouldn't have been concerned even if he never got hurt.  Other closers weren't exactly stellar out of the gate either.

You are actually right that he doesn't have a long resume of being an elite closer and walks more than you'd like at times, but he still was an elite closer regardless last season.  He'll have a long enough leash, and until he proves anyone otherwise, he still should be viewed as a near-elite closer at worst.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Yeah Chapman just got crazy lucky as that tag was literally an inch from being a run scored.  Can't feel confident about this outing at all.

Got out of that one by the skin of his teeth, very lucky, was definitely less than an inch too lol

4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Shane Greene doing Shane Greene things.

I didn't watch, but looking at the box score...yuck! 1 inning with no strikeouts, 1 hit, and 2 walks? Good lord we're lucky he didn't blow it.