NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 minutes ago, Zeezee said:

Greene not credited with the save? How so?

Box score took as long to upload save as it took for him to close out that inning.  

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

Anyone think Chapman’s recent control issues are tied to blister/finger nail trouble?  Seemed today like he could pitch through it but with the decrease in velocity, wondering if there’s any chance he makes a dl trip?

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Anyone think Chapman’s recent control issues are tied to blister/finger nail trouble?  Seemed today like he could pitch through it but with the decrease in velocity, wondering if there’s any chance he makes a dl trip?

I like Chad Green to close, but won't happen if Chapman is down. 

Edited by verycoolnin
8 minutes ago, 9703 said:

If Chapman is hurt, it’ll be Robertson getting the first opportunities.

Yep. 

Boone and the Yankees like Green's versatility and he's been used as a fireman ever since his emergence as a dominant reliever. 

Edited by absknicks
26 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Hughes, not Iglesias, in for the save. 

Not surprising with Iglesias pitching the last three days, including two more than an inning.

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Anything to see with Givens getting the save tonight? Was Brach not available after saving games two of the last three nights?

Brach will probably get the next save opportunity imo - especially if today. However,  I think Givens' is the longer term play there and can see him getting a few more opportunities to prove himself a bit.

Norris got bailed out in a big way by the padres inexplicably bunting spangenberg with nobody out and 2 strikes for the first out of the jam. Holland is settled in. I’d sell my shares of Norris wherever possible. 

4 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Norris got bailed out in a big way by the padres inexplicably bunting spangenberg with nobody out and 2 strikes for the first out of the jam. Holland is settled in. I’d sell my shares of Norris wherever possible. 

Except that Holland has only 1 k over his last 4 innings. Feel like he's not going to be very good in any role until he gets that righted as well.  Not sure it's going to come...

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, cyberer said:

I would too... if I was on crack and didn't care to win my league...

• Haha 3

We expecting Middleton to get any chances going forward from today? Johnson looking like crap in last chance certainly helps his chances.

Norris is just better than Holland at this point. Unless Holland starts outpitching him things shouldn't change, barring Mathenying. 

Not really closer discussion, but whatever.  I enjoy the company in this thread...

You have to wonder how much longer Colin McHugh is not going to be put in high leverage situations.  He's been lights out since moving to the pen.  

13 hours ago, All rise for Albies said:

Rodney fires in another save, that is Four in a week. Seems to be on a bit of a roll

I love it how each year early on we get the tons of Rodney sucks and Rodney is terrible so he will soon not be closing posts here.  And each year as the weather warms up so does Rodney the Cockroach to prove the nay sayers wrong.  It is kind of a baseball tradition at this point.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Tommy Hunter in the 7th of a 3-1 game. If Dominguez gets the 8th, that would be quite interesting. 

FWIW, James Anderson of Rotowire Gabe Dominguez an Edwin Diaz comp as having just electric stuff with comes-and-goes command.