NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

I’m a huge holland apologist but even I wont say that it isn’t norris for now. However, the “foreseeable future” roto world tagline is just irresponsible and lazy journalism. If you read what was actually said, it was basically what we already know- namely that if there was a save op today or tomorrow, it wouldn’t go to holland. He didn’t say anything resembling “foreseeable future.”

"I don't think he'll be used in the ninth inning at this time," Cardinals president of baseball operations John Mozeliak said. "There were certainly some positive steps that we saw but unfortunately on Friday he just got in a situation where he just imploded. When you look at his resume and what he was able to do, we have to get him back to where he has that confidence that you know it's going to work."

[regarding a minor league demotion]: "I'm not feeling that's our next step at the moment, but I don't think anything is off the table when looking at how to solve a problem," Mozeliak said. "That said, this guy is confident. He believes he can do this."

"When he gets ahead and puts hitters away, that's what we need to see happening," Mozeliak said

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 1

^  Well reading the exact quote I'd translate that as the foreseeable future as well.  That stuff was diplomatic-speak to say Holland sucks and isn't going to be closing any time soon.  He has to prove himself and prove himself convincingly before he is considered again.  A minor league stint isn't even being ruled out at this point either.  So I see no lazy or irresponsible journalism in the least.

In other news Kimbrel blew a save giving up a homer to Alex Gordon of all people and it is extra innings at Fenway as a result.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

I am not going near the LAA situation! Sciosciapath is a mad man!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, rotodr said:

I am not going near the LAA situation! Sciosciapath is a mad man!!

Been there before too but I’m desperate to find a closer. I think Bedrosian is a safe pickup if you only have one roster spot and both he and Anderson are out there. I opted for Anderson because he was all that was left after someone just snagged bedrosian. I do like the way Anderson has been used recently but this could go either way. 

Giles in for the 9th with the game tied--already gave up three hits, including a three run homer.  Only one out right now. To be fair, he was facing the heart of the Yankees starting with Judge. 

Edited by Ace_King
Additional context
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

^  Well reading the exact quote I'd translate that as the foreseeable future as well.  That stuff was diplomatic-speak to say Holland sucks and isn't going to be closing any time soon.  He has to prove himself and prove himself convincingly before he is considered again.  A minor league stint isn't even being ruled out at this point either.  So I see no lazy or irresponsible journalism in the least.

In other news Kimbrel blew a save giving up a homer to Alex Gordon of all people and it is extra innings at Fenway as a result.

I think you're looking too much into it. They definitely want him to close. They just don't want him to close right now lol

Giles got hit hard tonight. Solid single by Judge; double by Didi, K’d Stanton cause that’s what everyone does, then a no doubt bomb to straightaway center by Sanchez. 

Gave up another single to Hicks before getting yanked. 

3 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

Giles got hit hard tonight. Solid single by Judge; double by Didi, K’d Stanton cause that’s what everyone does, then a no doubt bomb to straightaway center by Sanchez. 

Gave up another single to Hicks before getting yanked. 

And then literally punched himself in the face as he walked off the field

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I think you're looking too much into it. They definitely want him to close. They just don't want him to close right now lol

Yes they would like him to close.  That was what I said.  I never said Holland would never close.  I said the whole quote posted here by his manager was perfect manager-speak indicating that he won't be closing for the foreseeable future until he (Holland) PROVES he can close.  The fact they haven't ruled out a minor league "therapy" stint says that in pretty bold script along with the rest of the wording.

The original poster who posted this manager's quote said they thought it meant maybe an opportunity or two.  My reply was to disagree that it would be that quick based on that same quote is all.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, TallicaFan87 said:

And then literally punched himself in the face as he walked off the field

Perhaps a bit if insight there as to why he sucks so often. Obviosly an emotional guy who when confident is able to dominate. But don't think he's got a full handle of things at other times.

2 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

Perhaps a bit if insight there as to why he sucks so often. Obviosly an emotional guy who when confident is able to dominate. But don't think he's got a full handle of things at other times.

Too emotional, or a headcase. 

• Like 1