NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

Anderson definitely has velocity but I don’t see him being a legit closer just yet. Gives up contact and I think he needs more time to fine tune his control. He could very well be a solid closer one day but I think him being thrown immediately into high leverage situations isn’t fair for his development and confidence. 

Edited by HaloFanatic17
  • Like 1
Just now, HaloFanatic17 said:

Anderson definitely has velocity but I don’t see him being a legit closer just yet. Gives up contact and I think he needs more time to fine tune his control. He could very well be a solid closer one day but I think him being thrown immediately into high leverage situations isn’t fair for his development and confidence. 

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

From Springer and Altuve....

lol

Is that an excuse?  Professional pitchers get paid to put out professional hitters.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

His slider had some decent movement to it....

Just now, ToO_BaD said:

Is that an excuse?  Professional pitchers get paid to put out professional hitters.

I mean, he gave up singles to two very, very good hitters. Not doubles, or dongs - singles. I'm sure Scoscia isn't going to hold that against him like some in this thread think. But most importantly he held to 0 runs

On 5/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, 9703 said:

Still think Justin Anderson is the guy to own for the Angels despite recent struggles. Like Dominguez in Philly, Anderson is the fast track guy with the best stuff in the Angels pen. 

Called it!

• Haha 1
Just now, Dislimb said:

Anderson looked pretty lousy IMO. Save or no save, that certainly wasn’t an outing that inspired any confidence.

This was my takeaway too. And I don't have any stake in the Angels pen. 

• Like 1
Just now, herschel said:

His slider had some decent movement to it....

Oh I agree it does but he doesn’t have a track record and being a rookie, he’s going to come with some hiccups. He will get by with his velocity and that nasty slider but he will be prone to getting hit as well.  I like the kid and he has solid stuff. It’s nust his consistency. 

Just now, jagtrader said:

Anderson is basically Middleton.

I like his stuff more than MIddleton tbh, but the guy needs more development. He's pretty new to being a reliever and this season was really the first year he started having success. He started in Double-A and then pitched a few innings in Triple-A before getting called up.

Angels situation gonna be a mess until they're able to acquire a closer. Kelvin Herrera or Raisel Iglesias are 2 names that make a lot of sense for the Angels whenever thye're made available by their respective clubs

Just now, street sharks said:

I mean, he gave up singles to two very, very good hitters. Not doubles, or dongs - singles. I'm sure Scoscia isn't going to hold that against him like some in this thread think. But most importantly he held to 0 runs

Yeah I’m not trying to be a proponent that he sucks like above said - just feel that it’s not a good cop.  Had he blown it, I wouldn’t care who it’s to.

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

And if Springer got the SB, he most certainly would have scored after the Altuve hit

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Y'all can pick up Anderson. I'm good.

Same here.  I'm staying away.  Plus, he could choose a different guy next time anyways, maybe even Parker.

• Like 1

I can see Parker getting the gig again even though I'm still iffy on what I've seen from him this year. That said, he's been pitching a lot better after a slow start. Might not have been available tonight since he pitched the past 2 days

He's got a 1.84 ERA his last 14.2 IP with 4 BB and 15 K

• Like 2
Just now, street sharks said:

Well Calhoun surely isn't in that lineup right now for his offense...

It was a great throw, but I can't trust a guy that needs to get bailed out by great plays. 

• Like 1