NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

So it obviously has to be a confidence move for Neris.  Only thing that makes sense. #becoddled

Or maybe Kapler chose Ramos against the righties since he’s a fastball/slider guy. And Neris against the lefty since he’s a fastball/split guy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

No one else see the smile on his face as he came out to Ramos? He knows he's trolling everyone and the jerk likes it.

Don't expect things to change any time soon.

Just now, 9703 said:

Or maybe Kapler chose Ramos against the righties since he’s a fastball/slider guy. And Neris against the lefty since he’s a fastball/split guy.

I get that but for one batter in a 3 run game?  Come on..

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

they were rained out Saturday....off day Monday.... no game last night.

The pen was as rested as it gets

And they have games scheduled for 8 consecutive days starting today so why would you pitch your two top 9th inning options in the same game when you will ideally be in a position to need those guys repeatedly over the next week?

8 minutes ago, 9703 said:

I don’t know. The 8th was pretty dicey and Kapler went to Garcia.

Not sure what’s going on with this situation at this point...

True. Dominguez will usually get clean innings. He’s still new to relieving.

6 minutes ago, 9703 said:

I don’t know. The 8th was pretty dicey and Kapler went to Garcia.

Not sure what’s going on with this situation at this point...

Phils have a very good bullpen yet nobody with a long track record per say. This should lead to a lot of different looks at the end of the game. Hunter, Garcia, Neshek (eventually), Dominguez, Neris and Ramos. Probably a frustrating situation to monitor if you are just looking for saves.

2 minutes ago, rhg1084 said:

Why wasn't it a save ?

A relief pitcher is awarded a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:

• He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
  • He is not the winning pitcher; and
  • He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
    • He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
    • He enters the game, regardless of the score, with the potential tying run either on base, at bat, or on deck; or
    • He pitches for at least three innings. (The word "effectively" has been removed from the MLB rules.)
  • Like 3
Just now, rhg1084 said:

Why wasn't it a save ?

When Neris came in they were up 3 runs and only one out remained.  You need the potential to face more batters when up by 3 to be save eligible.

He qualifies under one of the following conditions:

• He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
  • He enters the game, regardless of the score, with the potential tying run either on base, at bat, or on deck; or
  • He pitches for at least three innings. (The word "effectively" has been removed from the MLB rules.)

I didn't watch the game, but I am confused by the box score it looks like Ramos came in the ninth inning struck out two batters and then there was a pitching change to Neris? That makes 0 sense 

• Like 2
Just now, bdawkins456 said:

I didn't watch the game, but I am confused by the box score it looks like Ramos came in the ninth inning struck out two batters and then there was a pitching change to Neris? That makes 0 sense 

Join the club.  Makes zero sense to the rest of us.

1 minute ago, radioflyer9 said:

Neris is Neris and will eventually bomb out... I expect Ramos or Dominguez to take over soon. Ramos first as we saw today and he looked nasty. 

I agree. This was a token move to keep Neris energized and feel like he's contributing. Everyone was rested with a bunch of recent off days. Kapler could be cute. I'd rather have Ramos. Then Dominguez.

7 minutes ago, wxmilkman said:

Soria and Jones come in for CHW today in non save situation....Rondon looking better. 

That's a guy that I'd just rather let my leaguemates pick up. I don't trust Rondon at all...saves or not. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

norris relieving holland in the 8th?

interesting 5 out save???

Yes holland came into the inning with the cards up 4 runs. Gave up a run and then loaded the bases. Guy is terrible. Norris just k’d the first batter he faced.

• Like 1