NBC Sports Edge Forums

55 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Vizcaino looked awesome just now, hitting 98mph with tons of movement. He now has a 2.6ERA  with  more K's than innings. I have absolutely no idea what the Braves are expecting or wanting here. 

THIS

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

Trying to diagnose this Angels pen, one could conclude the Parker last night got the "closer's" traditional role last night, pitching the 9th at home in a close game.  You could also argue he was pitching in a game they were losing, which doesn't really point to him being anything.

His performance lately has been amazing, and another clean inning last night with 2 Ks just adds to the tally.  There was some chatter on Twitter that Monday's save for Anderson came after Johnson had thrown 25 pitches on Sunday and Parker and Bedrosian had also pitched each of the prior 2 games.  I'm not completely convinced that none of those three were available, and I suppose at now you need to keep holding any shares you have of Anderson, Parker, or Jim Johnson.  Some clarity would be great here ... and for all his shenanigans, Scioscia will ride one guy once he settles on someone.  

1 hour ago, JFS179 said:

Trying to diagnose this Angels pen, one could conclude the Parker last night got the "closer's" traditional role last night, pitching the 9th at home in a close game.  You could also argue he was pitching in a game they were losing, which doesn't really point to him being anything.

His performance lately has been amazing, and another clean inning last night with 2 Ks just adds to the tally.  There was some chatter on Twitter that Monday's save for Anderson came after Johnson had thrown 25 pitches on Sunday and Parker and Bedrosian had also pitched each of the prior 2 games.  I'm not completely convinced that none of those three were available, and I suppose at now you need to keep holding any shares you have of Anderson, Parker, or Jim Johnson.  Some clarity would be great here ... and for all his shenanigans, Scioscia will ride one guy once he settles on someone.  

How do you rank:

Rondon

Anderson

Parker 

Ramos

Johnson

Dominguez

Winkler

Soria

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

How do you rank:

Rondon

Anderson

Parker 

Ramos

Johnson

Dominguez

Winkler

Soria

I think @AnonymousRob a few pages back had a pretty good stab at this.  The only thing I'd adjust from his list is the shift from Parker to Anderson, possibly.

I think Ramos is at the top of that list given the usage and performance.  I think he's the closest to getting the gig himself to run with, despite Kapler's whims.  I think Anderson has to follow now given he's converted the most recent opportunity.  Then I guess Rondon by default, again given I think he's third closest to running away with a gig, and I'd rather have the pitcher getting saves than the one that might get saves down the road.  Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

After those three, I want Parker, then Dominguez.  I think Parker is nipping at Anderson's heels for the Angels gig, and Dominguez may have the best pure stuff in the Philly pen.  Parker ahead of Dominguez because I'm not sure Dominguez leaps ahead of both Ramos and Neris until both fail, so more hurdles in his way.

Winkler's probably next as I trust him to give good ratios and Ks, with an occasional save.  I fully admit I was wrong about Vizcaino as he's been pretty strong all year.  Snitker seems rather quick to name his next-in-line, which is odd, but Viz hasn't really done anything to lose that job, and the Braves are contending.  I don't think Winkler sees a lot of save chances barring a bad stretch from Viz or an injury.

After that, I guess Jim Johnson, but that's based solely on potential opportunity.  I don't trust him to do anything with that opportunity.  Soria ... I just don't really want.

• Like 2

Maybe Snitker is trying to motivate Viz who knows.

Parker seems like the most deserving now, but the Sociopath may just play it game to game depending on recent performance and usage.

Parker was used in the same way that Johnson was used. I;d rather have parker, but I can see the saves continuing to be split among multiple guys.

Anybody catch how Jansen looked? Up 7-0 I guess he was just getting some work in, WHIP certainly not impressive, but still struck out 3 in the inning, so at this point I guess I’ll take it.  

54 minutes ago, BooFinn said:

Anybody catch how Jansen looked? Up 7-0 I guess he was just getting some work in, WHIP certainly not impressive, but still struck out 3 in the inning, so at this point I guess I’ll take it.  

You just can't make everyone happy. 

24 PC, INN, 2 HA, 3 K
3 hours ago, Topgun said:

24 PC, INN, 2 HA, 3 K

Thanks, I just saw the stats just didn’t know what his velo looked like or how hard they hit the ball but bottom line we are happy enough.

28 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Oh is pitching in the 5th tonight. I guess it's safe to say that he's not in the mix to close for them for the foreseeable future, right? 

Hope we get a save opp there tonight 

4 hours ago, Topgun said:

24 PC, INN, 2 HA, 3 K

Never completely satisfied when my closer comes into a game in a nonsave situation and trends either my whip or era up. Essentually a wash. Less than with him being used once over that week now.

Edited by knuckleheads
14 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Seranthony being called upon in a 1-0 game with 1 out and runners on 2nd and 3rd

moving on up

Well, he is and he isn’t. It’s a tight spot, so good to see Kepler trusts him, but it’s also the 7th inning. 

1 minute ago, JFS179 said:

Well, he is and he isn’t. It’s a tight spot, so good to see Kepler trusts him, but it’s also the 7th inning. 

He's impressing regardless. I could see him being used in the Hader, ABradley, AMiller fireman role...

Man, checked my team, "Oh nice, Vazquez is coming in for a save", checked this thread, read about 5 posts, refreshed team page and Vazquez had struck out the side.  He throw all 9 pitches at once? :D

• Like 1