NBC Sports Edge Forums

Looking like Anderson forsure now. He got the save on Monday vs Houston’s heart of the lineup and hasn’t pitched since. Johnson pitched 7th yesterday, Bedrock 5th today and Parker 5th and 6th today.  

Edited by radioflyer9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

Don’t know if I can stomach adding someone like Anderson, Parker, Rondon, or E. Ramos over someone like Winky or Sir Anthony. 

Edit however some good cases being made for Anderson. It’s just when I saw him pitch in a couple recent outings I wasn’t impressed. And Scioscia. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
8 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Don’t know if I can stomach adding someone like Anderson, Parker, Rondon, or E. Ramos over someone like Winky or Sir Anthony. 

Edit however some good cases being made for Anderson. It’s just when I saw him pitch in a couple recent outings I wasn’t impressed. And Scioscia. 

I'd roster Ramos over Winkler in a heartbeat. And I know Dominguez is getting a lot of hype, but I need to see more than 4.2 innings to buy in. I also question if Kapler will really hand the closing reigns over to a rookie. 

Recap of last 5 pages as they are difficult to follow.  

(Rankings are within teams only)

LAA - (1) Anderson; (2) Parker.  Parker has more talent, but recent usage strongly favors Anderson as closer.  Argument for holding either of those guys. 

ATL - Viz is the guy.  Ignore Winkler, unless deep league.  

PHI - (1) Ramos; (2) Seranthony Dominguez.  I personally think this bullpen is hard to read, but Ramos is likely the guy. 

Whitesox - Rondon.  Bad situation, mediocre talent.  But got the save 5 days ago.... so I guess he's the guy?  Whoohoo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

LAA - (1) Anderson; (2) Parker.  Parker has more talent, but recent usage strongly favors Anderson as closer.  Argument for holding either of those guys. 

PHI - (1) Ramos; (2) Seranthony Dominguez.  I personally think this bullpen is hard to read, but Ramos is likely the guy. 

Whitesox - Rondon.  Bad situation, mediocre talent.  But got the save 5 days ago.... so I guess he's the guy?  Whoohoo. 

Agree except the Phillies situation .... so Neris is done? Never to close again? 

5 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

I don't believe Dominguez is no2 right now. Just going by Kapler inserting Neris for the final out a few days ago, I'd put him and Ramos as some combo of 1-2 in the Philly pecking order. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Agree except the Phillies situation .... so Neris is done? Never to close again? 

Forgot about Neris.  I really don't like that situation. 

13 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Soria got destroyed in a non-save last night.  The confusion continues in Chicago.

Not really...Jones has the job IMO. They passed on Rondon earlier in the week  and havent used him

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Jones got the last save not Rondon

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I'd roster Ramos over Winkler in a heartbeat. And I know Dominguez is getting a lot of hype, but I need to see more than 4.2 innings to buy in. I also question if Kapler will really hand the closing reigns over to a rookie. 

True small sample for Sir Anthony 

Csb but I’m giving Anderson a try after losing Middleton. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Not really...Jones has the job IMO. They passed on Rondon earlier in the week  and havent used him

I was just going To say nate jones got the last save. I said frigg it and picked up Jones and dropped Rondon. 

Edited by The_Real_Deal
5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Kapler put him in the 8th almost immediately and apparently made a trip to see him in AAA. I'm not sure he'll make his way to the ninth but I don't think the manager is going to be shy about trusting him in high leverage situations.

• Like 1

Angels, I think Parker is the add, despite his recent usage.  Everyone else in that pen walks too many guys.  Eventually the Angels trade for their closer.

Phillies, the manager has been open about what he wants to do.  Sounds like this is a true committee.  

White Sox, Soria is done.  They will probably give the lions share to Jones and mix Rondon in from time to time.  Still think Jace Fry may get a look before it's all said and done.  

Braves, Vizcaino redeemed himself, but probably walking a tightrope now.  

Toronto, still think Clippard gets the lions share.  No news on Osuna is bad news, imo.  He's going to be out for quite a while.  

Just now, pbjfb said:

Clippard grand slam

Yeah he was brought in with one out in the 8th got Fowler out and then walked Lowrie (pinch-hit) to load the bases for a Grand Pinder. Awful. 

Treinen at least had a nice save. When he's on, his sinker is impossible to hit. Mid to high 90's with a hard bite. 

1 walk and 2 strikeouts. There was a lot of complaining about him last month, but his era currently sits at 1.19 with 10 saves.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 1