NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

My man Blake Treinen is ballin' out!! I got him way out at #209, and he's been performing like a top notch closer. That's why you shouldn't draft closers early. You can get value picks like him in later rounds. 

3 minutes ago, InMyBagYo said:

My man Blake Treinen is ballin' out!! I got him way out at #209, and he's been performing like a top notch closer. That's why you shouldn't draft closers early. You can get value picks like him in later rounds. 

Cool.  Just be aware that the A's ALWAYS trade their closer at the deadline.  He might not be a closer for the stretch run.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CAT said:

Cool.  Just be aware that the A's ALWAYS trade their closer at the deadline.  He might not be a closer for the stretch run.

He's going to be their closer this year unless he gets hurt.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CAT said:

True, it happened last year. Still, he'll provide nice ratios. I didn't invest much in him, so I'm OK with holding pat, even if he won't be a closer. 

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's going to be their closer this year unless he gets hurt.

Hey what's up David Forst.  I didn't realize that you posted on these forums!

4 minutes ago, CAT said:

Hey what's up David Forst.  I didn't realize that you posted on these forums!

He's not a free agent until 2021 and he's not arbitration eligible until 2019.

ETA - I'll be fair and qualify this IF Oakland falls out of the race AND if some other team overpays by a lot, then sure. Maybe he'll get traded. But this isn't something you should even consider in your redrafts. He's staying put.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Who are some closers the Angels would try and trade for?    

Britton and Herrera seem pretty close to locks to being dealt at the deadline. Iglesias and Hand could probably be available but the asking price would be pretty steep.

9 minutes ago, Helms said:

Greg Holland lol 

How many saves opps will he cost Norris by giving up the lead if they keep bringing him in for the 8th inning. 

He's really sucking, he has cost them a few games now, maybe he gets relegated to mop up duty now

14 minutes ago, Helms said:

Greg Holland lol 

How many saves opps will he cost Norris by giving up the lead if they keep bringing him in for the 8th inning. 

Greg can’t be perfect all the time

18 minutes ago, Helms said:

Greg Holland lol 

Was just coming to say this. As a Norris owner, I am sick of it.