NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sir Anthony with the save...was pumping 98 with consistency.  He was getting into some high pitch counts, but his stuff is nasty.  Gabe wasn't lying -- this is truly a CBC.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Seranthony was pretty wild today, throwing a lot of balls in the ninth. Still got the save though.

I thought he was getting squeezed too though. Several were very borderline calls that he didn't get.

1 minute ago, phillyphan21 said:

Gonna say it now, and yes bias, but Sir Anthony is this year's version of 2016 Edwin Diaz.

I was thinking this year's right handed Felipe Rivero.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Seranthony was pretty wild today, throwing a lot of balls in the ninth. Still got the save though.

At least a few of those pitches could have gone either way. He's blowing pitches by guys when it matters. The guy has a ton of confidence out there.

1 minute ago, aifan27 said:

Sir Anthony with the save...was pumping 98 with consistency.  He was getting into some high pitch counts, but his stuff is nasty.  Gabe wasn't lying -- this is truly a CBC.

I agree it’ll probably be a CBC, but Seranthony will get the most saves being the high-leverage guy. Kinda like Hader when Knebel wasn’t around.

Dominquez has been lights out since he has been up and he got squeezed on a couple of pitches. 2 inning save for someone as  young as him is very impressive. I am sure that he was nervous, but still got the job done with only 1 well hit ball in 2 innings. He should have already been on teams since Neris has been shaky. If not run and grab him.

9 minutes ago, Philoumenos said:

If you’re holding onto Holland for some reason (seriously, why would you?), you probably should move on. 

The dude looks closer to getting DFA’d than he does to getting saves again. 

Holding onto him, NL only league with very deep rosters.

21 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Holding onto him, NL only league with very deep rosters.

Obviously if you’re in some particularly deep format you might be forced to hold. But anywhere else, I think it’s pretty clearly time to look for someone better. 

This phillies committee is probably far from settled but I feel like you gotta take a chance on a guy with Dominguez's talent level if there's even a shot. Could be huge. 

19 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

This phillies committee is probably far from settled but I feel like you gotta take a chance on a guy with Dominguez's talent level if there's even a shot. Could be huge. 

I don't know.  I think all the prime suspects are going to accrue 5 to 8 saves each.  There's value in that if you pick the one's that don't damage your ratios.

1 hour ago, jagtrader said:

I'd bet on Ramos getting more saves than Dominguez because the latter will get used earlier in games and you just can't count on racking up six-out saves. I think Neris is on the periphery at this point.

This isn't a dumb take.  I could see this happening

19 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Bruce Rondon pitching for the White Sox in the 7th up 4-3.  Looks like Jones is officially the lead horse in the Sox saves race.

Glad this happened. Sick of looking at that chunker on my roster. 

5 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

That's an uh-oh for Knebel 

I'm going with just a joke.  Finally a save opportunity for Knebel post babying Knebel, and he decides to let Hader finish the game.  It's been a long enough wait, and he's more than obviously back in form with the way his last 3 appearances have gone.  Just give him a god damn save!

Hader is unhittable. Looks like they will continue with the committee giving hader 2 ip followed rest. Sucks for those who drafted knebel, the only chance he has is if they move hader to starter