Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

On 5/24/2018 at 8:46 PM, meh2 said:

Royals fan here. Keller would likely be next in line but he is indeed meh. He throws pretty hard and has decent control but he doesn’t miss many bats. McCarthy would likely be next after him but he isn’t an exciting option either. Both have k’s per 9 around 6. An interesting name to keep an eye on is Jason Adam. He’s a former starter that’s been plagued with elbow problems so they switched him to the bullpen where his stuff is really playing up. They also have their “closer of the future” in the minors in the form of Staumont or Lovelady.

Update to this: Keller is getting a chance at the rotation and is starting Wednesday. Adam got the 8th today protecting a 2-run lead. A trade of Herrera is all but certain and he makes for a name to watch. Small sample size warning applies but thus far he has a 12.91k/9, 1.17 bb/9, and a 16.0% swinging strike rate. He's the only arm in the pen that has any upside.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Giles still hasn't blown a save or came even close to blowing one iirc. On the other hand, he gives up about 2 runs everytime they trot him out there in non save opportunities. If they aren't going to pitch him in save situations they might as well DFA him because he seems to mentally have problems with pitching when there isn't a save on the line

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

I don't know what this means for his health going forward.

 

 

 

 

another opinion chart to add to the list..

https://www.fantasyguruelite.com/baseball/season-long-articles/2018-closer-grid-523

 

has Vasquez, Feliz, Rodriguez.

 

 

 

`

 

Tough situation here. 

 

Rodriguez's numbers are filthy but he's been used in low leverage situations (like in the 5th inning yesterday).

 

Feliz is another piece of the Cole deal so I'm sure they'd love for him to do well but he flat out has not been very good. 

 

I'm not familiar with Santana atm.  Someone sell me on him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

Tough situation here. 

 

Rodriguez's numbers are filthy but he's been used in low leverage situations (like in the 5th inning yesterday).

 

Feliz is another piece of the Cole deal so I'm sure they'd love for him to do well but he flat out has not been very good. 

 

I'm not familiar with Santana atm.  Someone sell me on him...

So, who is the add?  Need to get this correct.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

So, who is the add?  Need to get this correct.

 

Me too as a Vazquez dynasty owner expecting the worst.

 

And I have no idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

If Feliz hasn’t lost the managers trust the past 3 outings, it’s probably him.  If he has, I’d go with Santana.  Usage wise, it looks like one of those two.  

 

Went with Santana. Figure you just have to go with the usage, even if Rodriguez is the higher upside guy. Have to think for a may or maybe not contending team like the Pirates, saves are an opportunity to turn someone into trade value. I don't know enough about the situation to say how they value Santana and Rodriguez. If one is expendable and if they want one to be on their next contending team. 

Edited by loro1991
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

 

Went with Santana. Figure you just have to go with the usage, even if Rodriguez is the higher upside guy. Have to think for a may or maybe not contending team like the Pirates, saves are an opportunity to turn someone into trade value. I don't know enough about the situation to say how they value Santana and Rodriguez. If one is expendable and if they want one to be on their next contending team. 

 

Question for anyone -

 

Has anyone put eyes on Santana?  How's he look? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Funny how Feliz's SwStrk % fell off a cliff upon his trade from Houston.

 

Good thing he's buried in the Pirates bullpen a/k/a the witness protection program.

What do you make of that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I went Feliz.  Not be captain obvious over here, but it seems like teams normally give the first shot at closing to their 8th inning guy.  

 

Normally I think this would be simple, but it’s a little more complicated with Felizs recent outings

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I went Feliz.  Not be captain obvious over here, but it seems like teams normally give the first shot at closing to their 8th inning guy.  

 

I went with Santana figuring that some people might look at Feliz's bad stats (past 3 outings) and leave him on the wire. If he gets the first save opp I'll be monitoring closer than anyone else and grab him then. 

Edited by loro1991
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirates probably go committee. Feliz has been the 8th inning guy but has been awful tho.. Rodriguez is more likely the fireman guy in the middle innings. So that leaves Santana as a possible closer given his solid ratios and late innings appearances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...