NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring back Rivero. Vazquez sucks. 

This thread is already a complete mess, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the mess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Images

Barraclough will probably close. Steckenrider might be behind him. Wittgren is a solid middle innings option that I think they’d like to keep in the middle innings, and Adam Conley will have more of a high leverage role now.

Imo

There’s also Tayron Guerrero and his fastball but he often looks lost in high leverage situations, and has been terrible lately.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Honestly it’s surprising he’s lasted this long as their “closer.” 

Claw time

Nm. 9703 covered all the options above me. 

Edited by AnonymousRob
Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Maybe Conley.

When the manager openly discusses Barraclough and Steckenrider as options, and makes no mention of Conley... I’m gonna say probably not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, smeeze said:

When the manager openly discusses Barraclough and Steckenrider as options, and makes no mention of Conley... I’m gonna say probably not.

Sure, but Conley is still a name to monitor moving forward.

Marlins beat reporters have speculated that the team would like to use him in an Andrew Miller like role.

His fastball average velocity is up about 5 mph since his move to the pen.

Considering Barraclough is bound to regress and Steckenrider hasn’t exactly been great recently, it’s not the worst idea. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, 9703 said:

Sure, but Conley is still a name to monitor moving forward.

Marlins beat reporters have speculated that the team would like to use him in an Andrew Miller like role.

His fastball average velocity is up about 5 mph since his move to the pen.

Considering Barraclough is bound to regress and Steckenrider hasn’t exactly been great recently, it’s not the worst idea. 

Wow.   5 mph is a huge jump. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Maybe this guy, maybe that guy...

Alas, more saves being being swallowed into a black hole..

Well, not really.

The Marlins will probably stick with one guy, whoever it is. Again, right now, it’s probably Barraclough (especially since it could boost his trade value too).

1 minute ago, Shortnphat said:

Damnit, why is Seranthony Dominguez in in the 8th?

Just traded for him yesterday, hoping for a quick inning two out save but don't expect that lol. Doubt Kapler would let him go two unless it's maybe under 10 pitch inning

Edited by loro1991
7 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

Just traded for him yesterday, hoping for a quick inning two out save but don't expect that lol. Doubt Kapler would let him go two unless it's maybe under 10 pitch inning

Watching the game but can’t see if anyone is warming up for Philly, he did only throw 10 pitches. BTW...he has nasty stuff.

nvm, nobody is warming up and he’s coming back in the face the heart of the order.

Edited by Shortnphat
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, aifan27 said:

Sir Anthony.......is the closer?

Hopefully but not 100% sold yet, it's Kapler. Very encouraging, at the least. I think he will get more chances. Just would not be surprised if Kapler makes it frustrating. 

Edited by loro1991
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, aifan27 said:

Sir Anthony.......is the closer?

Nope. 4 different guys have gotten saves in the last 2 weeks for that team. There is no “the” closer in Philly. Not as long as Kapler is pulling the strings anyway.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Nope. 4 different guys have gotten saves in the last 2 weeks for that team. There is no “the” closer in Philly. Not as long as Kapler is pulling the strings anyway.

I wouldn't be so quick to shoot the idea down.  Recent trends suggest Sir Anthony is inching his way closer barring any meltdowns.  Even if he isn't "the guy", I think he will receive most of the save opps.

• Like 1

If the Phillies starting pitcher can go 7 innings, Seranthony will get plenty of saves. And their starting pitching is pretty good.

With that said, he’s clearly their “high leverage” arm, which just so happens to lead to some saves (and probably very nice ratios).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Sir Anthony is going to run away with the job sooner than later imo. This year's Rivero. Yes I own him.

If he has anything going for him it's that the Phillies are in contention. And while Kapler is gonna make it needlessly complicated, at a certain point he's going to stop using Neris and bad pitchers in spots where they blow games. As opposed to noncontending team that wants to build a less valuable RP up to trade him. I'm optimistic

Edited by loro1991

Crick got the 8th for Pitt 2 days in a row. He should be next in line now if Vaz gets injured

EDIT:

And here we go... Vaz struggling again

Edited by pbjfb