NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

Saucy

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Pat Patriot said:

Hate to sell low on the guy but considering offers in standard of James White and the like. What do people think is acceptable value in a trade?

Honestly, no way in hell would I trade him right now. He's at an all time low value, maybe ever. I'd wait to see if he can blow up this week. If not, and someone is offering you White still, then hell ya, take it.

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

Honestly, no way in hell would I trade him right now. He's at an all time low value, maybe ever. I'd wait to see if he can blow up this week. If not, and someone is offering you White still, then hell ya, take it.

If White is offered for Freeman in PPR, I'd run to accept that trade right now.

10 hours ago, cousinal111 said:

If White is offered for Freeman in PPR, I'd run to accept that trade right now.

I wouldn't. There's a reason Freeman was a 2nd rounder in PPR. We have all forgotten that he can deliver BIG numbers when healthy. Hopefully, he returns to form this week for all of us.

16 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I wouldn't. There's a reason Freeman was a 2nd rounder in PPR. We have all forgotten that he can deliver BIG numbers when healthy. Hopefully, he returns to form this week for all of us.

Concussion risks, crowded backfield, balky knee were all concerns coming into the draft which is why I steered clear of Freeman. 

White doesn't have such concerns. Pats defense sucks so they'll have to score a lot. He's sharing the backfield with a rookie who has injury history & had fumble problems in college. 

That's why it's fantasy...we'll agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

Yeah, and that reason is that Freeman set the league on fire in 2015 and 2016.  That's a long time ago in football years and Freeman has done absolutely nothing for the people who drafted him this year.  White is scoring lots of points now, and a week ago the concern would have been that Edelman's return would lead to fewer targets for White.  But we've now seen White perform like a borderline RB1/2 even with all of the Pats weapons active.

The guy getting White wins that trade.

15 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

He looked explosive last week but was on a pitch count. Hoping he gets at least 15 touches in this one.

Exactly, in fact, didn't they come out and say that in advance of last weeks game, 1st one back from injury? Now, if he practices fully all week this week, assuming no setbacks and still pitch count him then I'd start to be concerned

5 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

No.  You'd be better off just picking Ito Smith off of waivers.

Fr? I thought it was a bargain getting an RB2 for Conner, best case scenario its a 50-50 split with Bell.

Just now, em33 said:

Fr? I thought it was a bargain getting an RB2 for Conner, best case scenario its a 50-50 split with Bell.

If you're pretty confident in Bell coming back soon (I haven't followed that circus) I think this is a prudent trade with good upside.  Devonta looked good and if he can regain his 60% market share which I think he will, he will be a solid RB2 ROS.

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

If you're pretty confident in Bell coming back soon (I haven't followed that circus) I think this is a prudent trade with good upside.  Devonta looked good and if he can regain his 60% market share which I think he will, he will be a solid RB2 ROS.

Thanks! Yeah Leveon is playing after the week 7 bye, but he doesn't look at football shape AT ALL, but with his talent its impossible to not get him on the field, I'm pulling the trigger.

9 minutes ago, em33 said:

Just because a fantasy website puts "RB2" next to a guy's name, that doesn't make the 50 yards, no touchdowns any more appealing to me.

I'd rather have Connor in a two-way committee with Bell than Freeman in a three-way committee with Coleman and Smith.

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

Just because a fantasy website puts "RB2" next to a guy's name, that doesn't make the 50 yards, no touchdowns any more appealing to me.

You do know that Devonta has been top 12 RB the last 3 seasons right? Last week they abandoned the run, the thing that worries me is that they dont have D so playing from behind all day

Just now, em33 said:

You do know that Devonta has been top 12 RB the last 3 seasons right? Last week they abandoned the run, the thing that worries me is that they dont have D so playing from behind all day

Yes.  I own him in dynasty.  I'm quite aware of what he "used to be."

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Yes.  I own him in dynasty.  I'm quite aware of what he "used to be."

So you know his consistency, how would you rather Conner with All Pro Leveon coming back than Devonta?

2 minutes ago, em33 said:

So you know his consistency, how would you rather Conner with All Pro Leveon coming back than Devonta?

I'd rather have Conner in a two-way committee with Bell than Freeman in a three-way committee with Coleman and Smith.

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

I'd rather have Connor in a two-way committee with Bell than Freeman in a three-way committee with Coleman and Smith.

I respect your opinion, but I think that three way committee it was because of the pitch count they had with Freeman this week.

1 minute ago, Texansfan said:

Perfect buy low opportunity IMO.  Last week was his first game back and game script was awful.  He’s still the RB1 on a potent offense.

Would you trade away Conner for him?

7 minutes ago, em33 said:

Would you trade away Conner for him?

I’d rather take the gamble that Conner stays on and Bell doesn’t play or is traded. That said, this situation with freeman hasn’t seen a positive sign all year except the fact he’s actually playing now.

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I’d rather take the gamble that Conner stays on and Bell doesn’t play or is traded. That said, this situation with freeman hasn’t seen a positive sign all year except the fact he’s actually playing now.

Thanks man, I'm concerned with ATL's running game but I fear Leveon comes back on a mission and Conner gets benched, If that happens and Devonta starts playing like we know he can, well I'd be happy lol

Archived