NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

Saucy

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

In addition, Cook will be back and will produce this year.  Freeman, I'm not betting on it at this point.

Cook had more runs blown up at line of scrimmage last game he “played in”.  With Cousins in town and how bad their line is the only hope for Cooked is getting involved in passing game.  Freeman has a bruised foot.  Why does that tell you that you shouldn’t bet on him rest of year?

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Cook had more runs blown up at line of scrimmage last game he “played in”.  With Cousins in town and how bad their line is the only hope for Cooked is getting involved in passing game.  Freeman has a bruised foot.  Why does that tell you that you shouldn’t bet on him rest of year?

A bone bruise is not a bruised foot my friend.  Just google "bone bruise" if you want to learn why this is a bad thing.  

As I stated for another confused poster in the Ito thread, you can refer to CJ Andersons bone bruise game 7 of 2016 that cost him the season.

1 minute ago, cutter311 said:

Interesting stat I may post in the TC thread as well...we'll see I suppose. I haven't look to see if the quality of opp when hes' in vs out, but that seems curious. 

Free.PNG.f519e53364794c7c78a485495cfff6c8.PNG

means nothing to me. football is a team sport and a 14 point differential is not due to Freeman, that's crazy. sometimes stats are just noise.

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

means nothing to me. football is a team sport and a 14 point differential is not due to Freeman, that's crazy. sometimes stats are just noise.

Completely agree...in fact, the way Free runs, this stat is shocking to me...and likely more to do with who ATL played when Free is out. 

Lies, damn lies and statistics...

But I like seeing things like this for the sake of keeping it in the back of my mind. 

2 minutes ago, cutter311 said:

Completely agree...in fact, the way Free runs, this stat is shocking to me...and likely more to do with who ATL played when Free is out. 

Lies, damn lies and statistics...

But I like seeing things like this for the sake of keeping it in the back of my mind. 

I hear you.

But the issue here is health. Just need this guy healthy. None of us know if this "bone contusion" is even validated yet. And further, even if he does have a bone bruise none of us know the severity or pain level at this point. He could play this week, he could miss 1 game and be back, or he could be done for the season....no one knows yet. 

Let's chill and see how the week goes.

3 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Don't worry, it's coming.

As a T.Coleman owner I would prefer Freeman playing that way I could sit him on the bench. Now I'll be forced to play him and him underperform.

Freeman is an electric back when he's right, hopefully he'll get healthy soon.

3 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

Honestly wish I was in a position to just drop him. I want off this ride. 

Freeman owners have one of the most frustrating situations in fantasy FF.

Cook owners have a known injury, so can trade him or keep him.

Fournette will be back when they need him.  Week 10

Freeman owners have no idea what’s going on.  From my perspective, his body is breaking down.   On the other hand, he could just miss a game.  Even healthy what’s Freeman’s role?  What’s his upside?  The offense doesn’t seem to be built around 2 RBs anymore... not like it was when they were contenders.

I was interested in acquiring Freeman a few weeks ago.  Right now, I have Cohen on my bench but I’m not making an offer to swap.  Is Freeman really not worth a low RB2 (PPR)?  I don’t know what Freeman is worth anymore...

48 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

I hope that one guy took James White while he had the chance. It's week six, not week two; I wish d had the opportunity to trade him and or Coleman but no one would touch them for weeks. 

(cool story, bro incoming)

I offered Allen Robinson for James White(I'm a Freeman owner), he accepted. I asked the assistant gm forum whether I should trade for White or tevin Coleman (he had both). 6/7 answers said to grab Coleman. so I changed my offer to Arob for Coleman. Now I'm stuck with Freeman and Coleman.

It's all my fault really

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Devonta Freeman's (foot) status is in doubt for Week 6 against the Bucs.

Advice: Freeman sat out Wednesday's practice with a bone contusion in his foot. It's a new injury after Freeman missed three games with an MCL sprain. The early signs aren't encouraging for Freeman, but this doesn't look like a multi-week absence. Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith will carry the load if Freeman can't get cleared.

Archived