NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

Saucy

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Droppable now.  What you can snag off the waiver wire will be better than anything you'll get in a trade at this point.

I'm actually shocked, I already have two interested teams and they're offering players in the AP/Carson/Lindsey range...His name still carries value especially to owners who aren't following this closely, and as Freeman owners we should be targeting the teams in strong playoff contention who we can spin the "he will be great for you in playoffs, his injury is week to week" line of thinking.  So far so good...

37 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Droppable now.  What you can snag off the waiver wire will be better than anything you'll get in a trade at this point.

Or, you know, just hold him until he's healthy considering he was like a second round pick.  What's sitting out there on your waiver wire that you would drop Freeman for?

4 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Anybody who drafted this guy high wasn't paying attention during preseason.

He was hurt ALL preseason. 

Shhhhhhhhhh. You gotta let them grieve 

(could say the same for fournette and his injury history too but I'm not saying anything :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Sunken cost fallacy.  

This is a losers mentality. 

A losers mentality would be dropping someone with the potential to put up second round numbers for the flavor of the week and then getting stomped in 4 weeks. At this point, the sunken cost fallacy would be more appropriate in the opposite direction. People that have had to hold this long would be more likely to drop him because of the frustration, whereas anyone that could grab him off waivers would do so in a second with the outlook that he would be playable in a few weeks. 

I agree with those in favor of not dropping.

Owners should not discount the fact that he still has a chance to be an impact player for your team or a different team if not in a week or two then certainly after the coming bye, and therefore he has value.

People are worried about this being a 3-way time share but I would say this - Ito Smith did NOT get a carry last week until Freeman was yanked with his injury early in the second half.  From that point forward it was a two back system with Ito and Coleman.

This is a TWO BACK backfield (as I said early on in the Coleman thread, warning everyone that if Freeman got hurt then Coleman would split reps with Ito), so if Freeman is healthy he will be splitting the run with Coleman and has potential to be effective especially in plus matchups where he's always done well.

Personally given that in my main league I'm 2-3 and fighting for playoff contention, I'm trying to trade Freeman to the 5-0 team in exchange for a piece that can help me win games now through the bye weeks.

If you have a winning record and a solid team and own Freeman, I don't hate the idea of just holding on to him for a late season push.  This is far from a lost season for him yet.

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Droppable? You are joking.  I am not dropping my second round pick for some no name

When they shut him down for the season, you should lobby your league to give you points because you drafted him in the second round.

Archived